Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 02:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Thinking About Others

Recent Items

Views: 2
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking About Others  (Read 122 times)
guest587
« on: Sep 05, 2022 08:19 pm »

The thought of another is a blessing. The action for another is noble.

Example... This morning I wanted to share some of my breakfast with my dogs. A beautiful opportunity. Sadly, I was so in love with the flavor I forgot my desire to share the wealth!

Tsk tsk.

Another example... I went to a friends house. We bought food to share. One person might not have shown up, we were instructed to buy less. The thought occurred to me to save a piece of food for the friend who may or may not show. Again, I was so in the moment, I forgot about my friend. I ate both pieces of food. Later, the friend in question ended up coming home early- having left work early. There was nothing left to share .

Another missed opportunity for service- a simple, kind gesture from the heart.

My family and I would hold annual Christmas Eve parties. In my youth I had a Korean neighbor who was my best friend. He and his Brother would come over to play every time we had the dinner party. One Christmas Eve I recognized how fortunate I was and decided to give the money I had just received as a gift to my friend. In turn he was happy and used it on his family. The feeling it brought me was greater than receiving the gift.

It just goes to show if we follow through with these blessings, we have the opportunity to experience lasting happiness.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: