Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 07:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Imagination and Structure

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagination and Structure  (Read 323 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Mar 15, 2020 12:03 pm »

I noticed something about imagination perhaps versing structure. some people want to read scriptures all the time. some people want to read music a lot and some people have a certain routine they use in for instance dance or art. The reason why this came to my attention recently is I have a friend who is a very good musician and we were doing one of the songs that I channeled and he said Don’t you ever write the stuff out and I said “no not usually” so I had to think about that because we were also doing a couple of his songs he sent me. the music, notes and the words were in a structured format.   I was listening to this song on a YouTube recording and just started playing along with it. I thought to myself ‘I wonder if I should look at the notes that he wrote down and Music transcript?’ After a little thought, it came to me that people can be structured by what they see and what is delegated to them, but on the other hand if we are free to approach something without structure at times our creativity is a more interesting approach to creative ventures in a song acting or dance etc.

This is not only true in art and music and dance but also in spirituality. I remember reading about Paramahansa Yogananda having planned a sermon out and driving towards the temple in Hollywood to give it. But as he was in the car divine mother talked to him and said forget all that... I’ll inspire you what to say when you get there and help you with the sermon.

However I do believe we need more structure when we are not as familiar in a certain area. But it is better if we can be spontaneous. Often when I use divination I rely on structure—the structure of astrology— I wish to be more intuitive but find my psychic abilities somewhat limited and my imaginings can get me in trouble in that area. Yet with the use of structure I am more safe in my assessment of what is happening and can make good use of my intuition. So I do understand the reverse view in that sense as well.
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2020 02:27 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2020 11:30 pm »

Thinking is of two kinds: imagination and thought. When the mind works under the direction of the will there is thought, when the mind works automatically without the power of the will there is imagination. The thoughtful person is he who has a rein over the activity of the mind; an imaginative person is the one who indulges in the automatic action of the mind. Both thought and imagination have their place in life. The automatic working of the mind produces a picture, a plan which is something more beautiful than a plan or idea carefully thought out under the control of the will. Therefore, artists, poets, musicians are very often imaginative, and the beauty they produce in their art is the outcome of their imagination.

The secret that is to be understood about imagination is this: everything that works automatically must be prepared first, then it works; just like a watch must be prepared first, then it works automatically. We must wind it up, then it can go on; we need trouble about it no more. This shows that we need prepare the mind to work automatically to the best advantage in life. If people become imaginative without having prepared their mind, it leads them to at least an unbalanced condition, and maybe to insanity; for when an imaginative person becomes unbalanced, and has no control over his mind, it may lead to insanity.

Now the question arises: how to prepare the mind? The mind is like a film taking all the photographs to make a moving picture, and it produces the same that was once taken in. The one who is critical, who looks at the ugly side of human nature, who has love for evil, love for gossip, who has the desire to see the bad side of things, who wishes to find the bad points of people, prepares a film in his mind. That film projected onto the curtain produces undesirable impressions in the form of imagination.

The great poets who gave us beautiful teachings in moral, in truth, where did they get them from? This life here is the school in which they learned, this life is the stage on which they saw and gathered. They are the worshippers of beauty in nature and in art. In all conditions of life they meditate upon beauty and find good points in all those they see. They gather all that is beautiful, from the good and the wicked both. Just like the bee takes the best from every flower and makes honey from it, so they gather all that is beautiful and express it through their imagination in the form of music, poetry and art, as well as in their thoughts and deeds in everyday life.
You can find this in our recent discussion, Mastery of Heart & Clarivoyance
http://spiritualportal.net/index.php/topic,4740.0.html

and the direct transmission here,
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_1_20.htm

Since what you are describing can be summed up as imagination vs will, both an inescapable necessity to the unfolding developing life.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: