Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 08:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Spiritual Environment

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Spiritual Environment  (Read 2395 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #15 on: Aug 01, 2016 06:14 am »

Environment is of supreme importance to spiritual progress. It is greater than will power. You must surround yourself with a good environment. If you keep a little plant without a protective hedge, animals can come and destroy it. So it is with your little plant of Self-realization. if you keep it exposed to the animals of selfishness and wrong environment; it will be destroyed.... and when the plant is watered and cared for, it will grow and blossom into beautiful flowers of wisdom and love.

~Paramahansa Yogananda

i have been very fortunate to be in strong spiritual environments in my life. Much of it was choice on my part but i have also had the good fortune of having people come in my life who have had strong spiritual aspirations. i am sorry to see some of them have gone but i am very grateful for their presence in my life. i think from years of consciously placing myself in spiritual company and spiritual environments i have a solid interest in spiritual enlightenment that will not be deterred and continues to find inspiration even in more isolated environments. However i continue my spiritual environment here at the portal among other aspirants who are making progress.

Sometimes i wonder if others occasionally think of me as i quite often think of them. There is at times telepathy that exists between kindred souls. i have spent much wonderful time with them over the years thinking of God and seeking together thru spiritual realization. i think that the mistake some people make is they conveniently divide their lives up into past present and future. Really though as spiritual beings we are above such considerations. The more we see who we really are--the more we understand the contacts that we have had and the importance of their contributions to this process. In this way instead of judgement we have appreciation for everything and every person who has come in our lives. We at times can sense what the future holds and remember past life connections as the present holds the future and past all in the transcendence of time and space in the ever present now.

i believe that the biggest difficulty i have seen in relationships of all sorts is being able to adapt to changing circumstances and events in a positive way without maintaining rigid views that destroy relationships. It is difficult but if both parties are willing to do it... it can be done. What happens is that rigid unbending views enter the landscape and people make no effort to find common ground but cling to their old patterns of reacting to present situations. When situations change we need to find creative ways to interact that accommodate those changes. i have learned much from the words below over the years. We must take great care to watch our words when difficulties occur between ourselves and those we love.

“Making others happy, through kindness of speech and sincerity of right advice, is a sign of true greatness. To hurt another soul by sarcastic words, looks, or suggestions, is despicable.”
― Paramahansa Yogananda, Where There is Light: Insight and Inspiration for Meeting Life's Challenges
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2016 06:15 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: