Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 06:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Food: What The Heck Should I Eat?

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Food: What The Heck Should I Eat?  (Read 1384 times)
guest587
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2023 02:14 am »

Thanks for the charming photos of Zelinsky Eric.  How would we have known what a hunk he is without your support? Wow a gay actor too! Nice to know you support the gay community as I do!

Good to hear Eric maybe Alex is helping us turn a lot of our population gay as well so we can slow population growth! An admirable message!

You've made untrue claims about me and I've done my best to dispel your presumptions or poor humor(whichever it is).

I don't understand what irony you think there is. Alex Jones warned the public that atrazine is an endocrine disruptor. It wasn't a conspiracy theory and many of his claims are taken out of context to sound absurd. Aside from being a news reporter, he is an entertainer too. But we were talking specifically about a toxic chemical and somehow you think that turning people gay is a great idea. On top of that, you are saying you would advocate for this concept as a means to control the population. It is not a great idea, you are talking about supporting the spread of disease and nefarious practices(like interfering with another persons biology) for the sake of population control. I consider it shallow thinking at best and evil at worse. I don't think it's necessary to continue on with this conversation.

Okay Steve you think genocide is a great idea, I don't think it is *AT ALL.* This is one of those fundamental roadblocks we hit every so often. I pray for our continued peace.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2023 02:46 am »

Yea Eric, and all this because of gay frogs. We can thank Alex for such a generous contribution to our conversation.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023 04:06 am by Jitendra Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest587
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2023 02:53 am »

The citations regarding atrazine:

28. Hayes TB, Khoury V, Narayan A, et al. Atrazine induces complete feminzation and chemical castration in male African clawed frogs (Xenopause laevis). Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2010 Mar 9; 107(10): 4612-17. Sass JB, Colangelo A. European Union bans atrazine, while the United States negotiates continued use. International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health 2006 Jul-Sep; 12(3):260-67.

and

29. Agopian AJ, Lup PJ, Canfield MA, et al. Case-control study of maternal residential atrazine exposure and male genital malformations. Am J Med Genet A 2013 May;161A(5):977-82

Moral of the story here is to be mindful of the corn you are eating.

Oh yeah, and ...
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2023 06:07 am »

My motto would be; it’s better to stop arguing and let each person resolve their own differences. Life is not always a matter of right and wrong 😑 Especially when we recognize that opinions themselves are under the influence of duality and can eventually be subjected to the other side of the pendulum. Until we rise above the paradoxes of material existence and see all views as part of a fabric that the creator has manifested we are likely to miss some important points that we may have to live out to empathize with all views.

After all, is it right to be wrong against someone else? And is it wrong to be right and supportive with another human being?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023 06:31 am by Jitendra Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2023 07:36 pm »

AFAIK, frogs can naturally change sex, an aspect which is not present in humans. So, although I agree that atrazine pollution should be avoided, the effect is not necessarily the same in frogs and humans.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/frogs-reverse-sex-more-often-than-thought

Healthy frogs can mysteriously reverse their sex
Frogs have been shown to reverse their sex in polluted suburban ponds. Now, the same has been shown to happen in more pristine forests.

BYDOUGLAS MAIN
PUBLISHED MARCH 21, 2019
• 7 MIN READ

What determines whether an animal becomes male or female? For frogs, sex is much more complicated than we thought.

For some creatures, like reptiles and fish, sex can be heavily influenced by the environment. Sea turtles that grow up in warmer sand are more likely to become female, for example. Mammals, however, are much more bound to genetics: If you’re genotypically male in the womb, you’re likely to develop outwardly as such.

Amphibians such as frogs lay somewhere in the middle. They’re mainly influenced by genetics, but the environment also plays a role. In the laboratory, certain pollutants like synthetic estrogens and herbicides have been shown to induce genetically male frogs to develop outwardly as females.

Research has also begun to suggest this happens in the wild. In 2014, a paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found that pollution-laden runoff into suburban ponds in the U.S. might be turning larval male amphibians into females. (Related: 99 percent of these sea turtles are turning female—here’s why.)

However, continuing work by the same research group shows that sex reversal is also taking place in more pristine forest ponds—suggesting it’s also a natural phenomenon, at least in this species.

A study published in February in the journal PeerJ found sex-reversed frogs in the majority of water bodies studied. It also found no relationship between the degree to which the area around ponds was developed by humans and the proportion of sex-reversed animals.

“This isn’t just a story about pollution–instead, it suggests that frogs can adjust their sexual destiny to local circumstances,” which may include variations in temperature or some other environmental variable, says Rick Shine, a researcher at Macquarie University and the University of Sydney, both in Australia.

“That sounds ridiculously sophisticated for a simple frog, but recent studies have documented exactly the same sophistication in a few lizard species” and other animals, says Shine, who wasn’t involved in the paper.

Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2023 01:06 am »

"The herbicide atrazine is one of the most commonly applied pesticides in the world. As a result, atrazine is the most commonly detected pesticide contaminant of ground, surface, and drinking water. Atrazine is also a potent endocrine disruptor that is active at low, ecologically relevant concentrations. Previous studies showed that atrazine adversely affects amphibian larval development. The present study demonstrates the reproductive consequences of atrazine exposure in adult amphibians. Atrazine-exposed males were both demasculinized (chemically castrated) and completely feminized as adults. Ten percent of the exposed genetic males developed into functional females that copulated with unexposed males and produced viable eggs. Atrazine-exposed males suffered from depressed testosterone, decreased breeding gland size, demasculinized/feminized laryngeal development, suppressed mating behavior, reduced spermatogenesis, and decreased fertility. These data are consistent with effects of atrazine observed in other vertebrate classes. The present findings exemplify the role that atrazine and other endocrine-disrupting pesticides likely play in global amphibian declines."
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/41656838_Atrazine_induces_complete_feminization_and_chemical_castration_in_male_African_clawed_frogs_Xenopus_Laevis

Effects on humans:
"Exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals has been associated with risk for male genital malformations. However, residential prenatal exposure to atrazine, an endocrine disrupting pesticide, has not been evaluated. We obtained data from the Texas Birth Defects Registry for 16,433 cases with isolated male genital malformations and randomly selected, population-based controls delivered during 1999-2008. County-level estimates of atrazine exposure from the United States Geological Survey were linked to all subjects. We evaluated the relationship between estimated maternal residential atrazine exposure and risk for male genital malformations in offspring. Separate unconditional logistic regression analyses were conducted for hypospadias, cryptorchidism, and small penis. We observed modest, but consistent, associations between medium-low and/or medium levels of estimated periconceptional maternal residential atrazine exposure and every male genital malformation category evaluated (e.g., adjusted odds ratio for medium compared to low atrazine levels and all male genital malformations: 1.2, 95% confidence interval: 1.1-1.3). Previous literature from animal and epidemiological studies supports our findings. Our results provide further evidence of a suspected teratogenic role of atrazine."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23494929/
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2023 03:45 am »

Thanks mccoy I wonder? Since nature itself shows cases of changing sex if it is a natural phenomena; that shouldn’t be considered morality corrupt. I found this observation you made quite fascinating;

“However, continuing work by the same research group shows that sex reversal is also taking place in more pristine forest ponds—suggesting it’s also a natural phenomenon, at least in this species.”

If this is the case shouldn’t we justifiably extrapolate that humans-endowed by the added attributes that other living creatures do not have of free choice-may also have the potential to change their sex to suit environmental factors or their own preferences? Especially since I know someone who had both female and male biological bodily parts and was asked what was it’s preference.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023 03:57 am by Jitendra Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2023 12:11 am »

If this is the case shouldn’t we justifiably extrapolate that humans-endowed by the added attributes that other living creatures do not have of free choice-may also have the potential to change their sex to suit environmental factors or their own preferences? Especially since I know someone who had both female and male biological bodily parts and was asked what was it’s preference.

Mmmm...., I don't think we can justifiably extrapolate from amphibians to human beings. Those frogs change sex according to external stimuli which are governed by species survival.
Also, from our standpoint, sex has been karmically assigned and our biology does not allow natural changes, so it can be argued that wanting to change sex artificially means refusing to accept karma and we know well that this is a recipe for an unhappy life and future reincarnations where the same issue arises again.
The special case of a human with both male and female attributes is so rare that I wonder what's the karmic reason and requirement, that is, what is the androgynous person expected to do. By whom the person you know was asked about the preferences? Was the preference about the official sex and name?
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #83 on: Jun 06, 2023 01:53 am »

Time for a little nutrition Satsang with Dr. Mark Hyman!
The Science of Nuts and Seeds

Basically, a nut is an edible fruit seed contained in a hard shell. There are lots of similarities between nuts and other seeds, the main one being that both are full of energy- specifically polyunsaturated, monounsaturated, and omega-3 fats- which are necessary for the growth of a new fruit. That has always been held against them. But the calories or fat in nuts don't contribute to obesity, diabetes, or poor health like those in sugars do. They don't even make us fatter- in fact, studies show the opposite is true. Nuts are good sources of healthy, anti-inflammatory polyunsaturated fats. Furthermore, nuts and seeds contain antioxidants and minerals like zin and magnesium in abundance. THey're good for weight loss (especially dangerous belly fat), they're good for arterial health and blood pressure, they lower the risk of heart disease and cancer, they prevent type 2 diabetes, and they may even keep you alive longer.

Which Nuts Should I Eat For What?

Almonds- Almonds lower bad cholesterol and the rise of heart disease; the magnesium they contain lessens the chance of sudden heart attack; they help prevent diabetes by stabilizing blood sugar, and they deliver minerals like copper and manganese, along with antioxidants such as vitamin E.

Walnuts- Walnuts are good for everything from bone health to cancer prevention to blood sugar control, but the main benefit is to our arterial function. They also contain a good dose of omega-3 fats(ALA, or alpha-linoleic acid).

Pecans- Pecans are high in minerals (especially manganese and copper) are are as powerful as walnuts when it comes to cancer-fighting antioxidants. They've also been associated with favorable cholesterol and triglyceride levels.

Brazil nuts- Brazil nuts are valued mostly for their high levels of selenium, a mineral that's important for our metabolism, digestive health, thyroid function, detoxification, and protection against arthritis. Just two Brazil nuts a day is all it takes, and they're proven to improve cholesterol and cardiovascular health, too.

Hazelnuts- Like walnuts, hazelnuts are good for endothelial function and keep bad cholesterol from oxidizing. Their total antioxidant capacity is more than double that of almonds.

Pistachios- Arginine is an amino acid found in meath, fish, shellfish, seeds, and abundantly in pistachios. It produces nitric oxide in the body, which improves arterial function and blood flow. In fact, men who ate three to four handfuls a day for three weeks had better penile blood flow and harder erections- a side effect no one complains about.

Macadamias- Unlike most nuts, macadamias contain the same monounsaturated fats as olive oil and can improve overall cholesterol.

Geek Alert: A Little More Science About Nuts and Seeds

Lectins are proteins present in all plants. They keep them healthy and protect them from predators. But when you eat them in high amounts, they can damage the lining of your intestine and even contribute to leaky gut. The phytates in nuts and seeds may be beneficial, but they have also been shown to disrupt the body's ability to absorb the iron(and potentially other nutrients) in food. Thankfully this is a problem that can be fairly easily overcome. Soaking and cooking reduce the concentrations of these compounds substantially. So, I recommend soaking your raw nuts or seeds in a bowl of warm water overnight. Problem solved. You can also buy sprouted nuts. And in the context of overall benefits of nuts and seeds, the lectins are a minor issue that I wouldn't worry about.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: Jun 07, 2023 09:08 pm »

Nuts are also highly recommended in the SRF lessons, I'm a huge fan of all nuts and seeds. Lectins are an old fear of the paleo community and they overstress their danger. Raw nuts are fine for most people unless it is exceeded the right amount (when much younger, sometimes I would eat one pound of almonds plus handfuls of raisins and then feel bloated for a few hours).
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2023 09:09 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #85 on: Aug 31, 2023 05:00 am »

Things to keep out of your food:

*Anything with ingredients that are difficult to pronounce. These products surely contain substances that belong in a chemistry set, not in your body.

*Anything that didn't exist in your grandmother's day- maybe even your great-grandmother's day, depending on how old you are.

*Anything containing soybean oil.

*Anything containing high-fructose corn syrup.

*Anything with the word "hydrogenated" in its name.

*Anything advertised on TV. Have you seen a commercial for broccoli or sardines during the Super Bowl? The worst foods get the most airtime on television.

*Anything with a cute name. FrootLoops are not a good source of fruit.

*Anything you can buy at a drive-through window.

*Anything with monosodium glutamate(otherwise known as MSG), even though the FDA says it is safe. It's an excitotoxin- a neurotransmitter that is known to kill brain cells. We associate it with Chinese cuisine but food companies use it in many items without our knowledge. They even try to hide its presence, calling it "hydrolyzed vegetable protein," "vegetable protein," "natural flavorings," and even simply "spices." Spices? Tricky, right? And the worse news- it induces hunger and carb cravings, so you'll eat more of it. It's what they give to lab rats in experiments to fatten them up!

*Any food in an aerosol can.

*Anything called "cheese food" (which is neither cheese nor food).

*Anything with artificial sweeteners.

*Anything with any type of additives, preservatives, or dyes (of which we eat about 2 and a half pounds per person per year).

*Any food with more than five ingredients on the label unless they are all things you recognize, such as tomatoes, water, basil, oregano, salt.
~ Mark Hyman
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #86 on: Sep 01, 2023 07:17 pm »

I agree with most of the above points, but not all.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with eating only the food our grand or grand-grandmothers ate and with not eating zero-carb sweeteners.

Technology moves ahead even in the food industry and not everything new must be seen as detrimental, although most industrial products sure are deleterious as Mark Hyman says.

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: Sep 02, 2023 12:01 am »

First; of course I’m going to add all kind of meats and bottom feeding fish. However you already know that so let me ask some other questions. Thanks Eric since you work at a store selling food I don’t know if you have the answers to this, but if you do let us know OK below;

Things to keep out of your food:

*1.Anything with ingredients that are difficult to pronounce. These products surely contain substances that belong in a chemistry set, not in your body.

*2.Anything that didn't exist in your grandmother's day- maybe even your great-grandmother's day, depending on how old you are.

*3.Anything containing soybean oil.

*4Anything containing high-fructose corn syrup.

*5.Anything with the word "hydrogenated" in its name.

*6.Anything advertised on TV. Have you seen a commercial for broccoli or sardines during the Super Bowl? The worst foods get the most airtime on television.

*7.Anything with a cute name. FrootLoops are not a good source of fruit.

*8.Anything you can buy at a drive-through window.

*9.Anything with monosodium glutamate(otherwise known as MSG), even though the FDA says it is safe. It's an excitotoxin- a neurotransmitter that is known to kill brain cells. We associate it with Chinese cuisine but food companies use it in many items without our knowledge. They even try to hide its presence, calling it "hydrolyzed vegetable protein," "vegetable protein," "natural flavorings," and even simply "spices." Spices? Tricky, right? And the worse news- it induces hunger and carb cravings, so you'll eat more of it. It's what they give to lab rats in experiments to fatten them up!

*10.Any food in an aerosol can.

*11.Anything called "cheese food" (which is neither cheese nor food).

*12.Anything with artificial sweeteners.

*13.Anything with any type of additives, preservatives, or dyes (of which we eat about 2 and a half pounds per person per year).

*14.Any food with more than five ingredients on the label unless they are all things you recognize, such as tomatoes, water, basil, oregano, salt.
~ Mark Hyman

First #3 what’s wrong with soybean oil?
#4 what’s deleterious about corn syrup?
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2023 12:10 am by Jitendra Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest587
« Reply #88 on: Sep 02, 2023 03:09 am »

You might enjoy listening to this 9 minute clip,
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/why-you-should-avoid-vegetable-oils/id1382804627?i=1000456271039

Description: Many of us grew up believing that vegetable oils were good and butter was bad. We were told, even by government and medical associations, to use more vegetable, seed and bean oils (like soybean, corn, safflower, canola). Now we know this advice was completely wrong. In this mini-episode, Dr. Hyman explores the origin story of how Americans began embracing vegetable oil with his guest, Nina Teicholz, and we consider what the best oils actually are.

Nina Teicholz is an investigative science journalist and author. Her international bestseller, “The Big Fat Surprise,” has upended the conventional wisdom on dietary fat–especially saturated fat. It was named a 2014 *Best Book* by The Economist, the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Mother Jones, and Library Journal. Teicholz is also the Executive Director of The Nutrition Coalition, a non-profit group that promotes evidence-based nutrition policy.

Find Dr. Hyman’s full-length conversation with Nina Teicholz:

https://drmarkhyman.lnk.to/NinaTeicholz

Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.

And an excerpt:

Yet if we look at human history, we consumed much more omega 3 fats and much less omega 6 fats than we currently do, since wild foods are very rich in omega 3 fats. The main source of omega 3’s today is fish, yet wild game and wild plants, which are very high in omega 3s, used to be a much bigger part of our diet.

Wild meat and grass-fed beef contain about 7 times as much omega 3 fats as industrially raised animals, which have almost none. Virtually all of the beef and animal products your great grandparents ate were pasture-raised, organic, grass-fed, and contained no hormones or antibiotics. There was simply no other kind of meat to eat.

Introducing refined oils into our diet and moving away from grass-fed and wild animals increased our omega 6 fat intake. Corn, soy, cottonseed, and canola oils skyrocketed, while omega 3 fats have dramatically declined. In that surge, many Americans sadly became deficient in these essential omega 3 fats.

Omega 6 fats not only fuel your body’s inflammatory pathways, but also reduce availability of anti-inflammatory omega 3 fats in your tissues, resulting in more inflammation.

In other words, omega 6 fats undo any benefit eating omega 3s would normally give you. They also reduce conversion of plant-based omega 3 fats (called alpha-linolenic acid or ALA) into the active forms of omega 3s called EPA and DHA by about 40 percent.

Consuming too many omega 6 fats also increases the likelihood of inflammatory diseases and links to mental illness, suicide, and homicide. In fact, studies have shown a connection of mental health with inflammation in the brain.
https://drhyman.com/blog/2016/01/29/why-oil-is-bad-for-you/

Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #89 on: Sep 02, 2023 03:36 pm »

Nina Teicholz is an investigative science journalist and author. Her international bestseller, “The Big Fat Surprise,” has upended the conventional wisdom on dietary fat–especially saturated fat. It was named a 2014 *Best Book* by The Economist, the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Mother Jones, and Library Journal. Teicholz is also the Executive Director of The Nutrition Coalition, a non-profit group that promotes evidence-based nutrition policy.

Yet if we look at human history, we consumed much more omega 3 fats and much less omega 6 fats than we currently do, since wild foods are very rich in omega 3 fats. The main source of omega 3’s today is fish, yet wild game and wild plants, which are very high in omega 3s, used to be a much bigger part of our diet.
Wild meat and grass-fed beef contain about 7 times as much omega 3 fats as industrially raised animals, which have almost none. Virtually all of the beef and animal products your great grandparents ate were pasture-raised, organic, grass-fed, and contained no hormones or antibiotics. There was simply no other kind of meat to eat.
Introducing refined oils into our diet and moving away from grass-fed and wild animals increased our omega 6 fat intake. Corn, soy, cottonseed, and canola oils skyrocketed, while omega 3 fats have dramatically declined. In that surge, many Americans sadly became deficient in these essential omega 3 fats.
Omega 6 fats not only fuel your body’s inflammatory pathways, but also reduce availability of anti-inflammatory omega 3 fats in your tissues, resulting in more inflammation.

In other words, omega 6 fats undo any benefit eating omega 3s would normally give you. They also reduce conversion of plant-based omega 3 fats (called alpha-linolenic acid or ALA) into the active forms of omega 3s called EPA and DHA by about 40 percent.

Consuming too many omega 6 fats also increases the likelihood of inflammatory diseases and links to mental illness, suicide, and homicide. In fact, studies have shown a connection of mental health with inflammation in the brain.
https://drhyman.com/blog/2016/01/29/why-oil-is-bad-for-you/

Eric, pls allow me to say that all the above has to be taken with a huge barrel of salt and is part of the present-day craze on butter, animal fats and the carnivore diet.
Nina Teicholz wrote a book that humors the anti-establishment views of many Americans who like to eat their beef steak, their butter-laden donuts and so on.
The fact that the book is anti-establishment and that went on the first page of the New York Times does not necessarily mean that it tells the truth.

As a matter of fact, I've been following those discussions, I've listened to luminaries on various credible podcasts and there is no evidence that beef and butter are not a cause of atherosclerosis, conducive to heart and brain disease and sometimes to death. Simple chemistry is undeniable, beef, butter, wholefat cheese, contain elevated amounts of saturated fats that boost the production of cholesterol, especially ApoB particles, which according to all lipidologists is the cause of atherosclerosis, if present in high concentrations in the blood.

The beef industry and the dairy industry hire some of the best marketers in the world. They know how to manipulate people and how to take advantage of and support narratives favorable to their sales.

To answer to Steve:

What's bad in soybean oil? Nothing in particular, except the excess of it which is used in some of the junk food products.

What's bad in corn syrup? Here, I would say it's not something to indulge in. It's a concentration of sugars and fructose, whose excess, in overweight people, may cause fatty liver disease. If you are lean and have a good glucose tolerance, then it won't harm you much. But please check your fasting blood glucose (also HbA1C and blood glucose 2 hours after a meal with carbohydrates).

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: