Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Spiritual awareness

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spiritual awareness  (Read 568 times)
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« on: Feb 22, 2010 06:20 pm »

Spiritual awareness, is there more than one definition ?

Is this in reference to soul seeking, God seeking or Spirit seeking as in the psychic sense. I have heard it used both ways.

Spiritual as all encompassing, not specific to one religion. But isn't Spirit, one who is on the Other Side, one who has passed over ?

Or is Spirit another word for God, higher being ? Can Spirit be both ?

« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2010 06:21 pm by flying squirrel » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2010 06:48 pm »

Spiritual awareness, is there more than one definition ?

Is this in reference to soul seeking, God seeking or Spirit seeking as in the psychic sense. I have heard it used both ways.

Spiritual as all encompassing, not specific to one religion. But isn't Spirit, one who is on the Other Side, one who has passed over ?

Or is Spirit another word for God, higher being ? Can Spirit be both ?

Namaste2All thank you for such a helpful response. This subject that Secret Squirrel contributed is something we all need to be aware of it is a very interesting and is an integral part of the spiritual process. i think that we often get caught up in what you refer to as 'circular logic'. It is a ferris wheel we have to jump off; otherwise the reasoning and logical aspects of personality take over and that becomes our reality. We keep asking questions without taking the steps to find the answers. This is what happened to Christ. People kept asking Jesus questions but the answers he gave did not fit in with their preconcieved ideas of what was reality. So the only way they knew how to deal with it is to annihilate his reality by crucifying him. However he suprised them by coming back to prove his reality was more real than theirs.

Until we enter the labatory of our own meditation we will remain in these circular projects. Somewhat like a person locked in a room for a life; When someone comes in and explains the outside world; That there is an expansive sky that goes on forever we get this kind of response: Forever? the individual asks  is that until you reach the roof?"

So in the same way spirit is not somewhere else it is all around us and inside us. It is a simple process of opening the door to it. Yet until we see this spirit reflected in others by visiting saints and going into the inner laboratory of our own consciousness our questions remain confined to the box we are living in. This applies to me as well as anyone here at the forum. More and more my views are expanding as i am willing to expose myself to these realities in myself and others. If we choose to surround ourselves in the box of conditions and people who see only 'this' reality, we will will be conditioned and influenced by their thoughts and behavior. We must find the people and conditions that reflect our growing awareness and not subject ourselves to the ignorance of others. Consider our friends and family and the activities we choose for your environment and then consider our Mental landscape. We need not go any further to find the level of understanding we have of spirit. As Paramahansa Yogananda has said; "envoronment is stronger than will power" So when we get depressed or find ourselves full of doubt and a lack of faith and understanding. Look no further than your environment both internally and externally. We ourselves have chosen it; If we wnat to have spiritual approach we must change those conditions which bind us to a worldly view.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2010 11:22 am by namaste2All » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2010 07:40 pm »

spiritual awareness, to me- is a knowing

heart. love. every being has heart(spirit)... i believe, it's a matter of opening ourselves up to one another and having the eyes to see. the ears to hear... be brave and place trust in your brother

feel truth

Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2010 12:08 am »

spiritual awareness, to me- is a knowing

heart. the ability to love. to give, receive, express- to be. every man, woman, child- every being has heart(spirit)... i believe, it's a matter of opening ourselves up to one another and having the eyes to see. the ears to hear... be brave and place trust in your brother
feel truth

_/\_ abysmaltouch.....

right on bro !!   Cheesy

(((Hugs)))
bn
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2010 04:35 am »

annne!    Grin (((huggggsss baxkcckz)))

you're a great friend   Cheesy  i missed you  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2010 09:00 pm »

eric !!!  you are a great friend too...sending  Love and (((Hugs)))......

you know how to get in touch with me.....yes ?

close your eyes, and concentrate..... Wink

Report Spam   Logged
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2010 03:44 pm »

Thanx much everyone, for your replies. Easy to get caught up in " circular logic ", will watch out for that !  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2010 03:33 am »

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2012 06:55 pm »

Hello Flying Squirrel

Beautiful thread indeed!  It would be nice to have you come and visit us.

In the light of awareness our thoughts cannot grow into actions. When we stand aside we have the awareness of a witness. Our actions become our habits. Our habits become our nature. We can break these habits by awareness.

~Amma~
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2012 07:06 pm by steve hydonus/jitendra » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: