Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 01:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Soul of Christ

Recent Items

Views: 2
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Soul of Christ  (Read 273 times)
guest587
« on: Aug 28, 2022 03:18 pm »

The soul of Christ is the light of the universe.

Bowl of Saki, August 27, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:

Truth is the soul of religion. When Jesus came to earth he did not say, 'I have brought you a new religion never heard of by you or your ancestors.' He said he had not come to give a new law but to fulfill the law; in other words, 'I have come to continue giving you that which you have received before and have not understood.'

There are scriptures that mankind regards as religious scriptures, but imagine how little of that message a book can contain, and how much more must have been given that was never written in a book! If books were sufficient, then the book of Abraham or the earlier books that were kept as scriptures could be sufficient, but it was not the book. The messenger, whenever he came, came to give the life, the living spirit, the divine light that can shine like the sun during the day, so that no soul with the slightest spark of sincerity could ever doubt the truth and unity of the message.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IX/IX_29.htm

The divine message has always been sent through those fitly endowed. For instance when wealth was esteemed the message was delivered by King Solomon; when beauty was worshipped, Joseph, the most handsome, gave the message; when music was regarded as celestial David gave his message in song. When there was curiosity about miracles Moses brought his message. When sacrifice was highly esteemed Abraham gave the message. When heredity was recognized, Christ gave his message as the Son of God. When democracy was necessary, Muhammad gave his message as the Servant of God, one like all and among all. ...

All Masters from the time of Adam till the time of Muhammad have been the one embodiment of the Master-ideal. When Jesus Christ is represented as saying, 'I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end,' it is not meant that either the name or the visible person of Jesus Christ is the Alpha and Omega, but the Master-spirit within. It was this spirit which proclaimed this, moved by its realization of past, present, and future life, confident of its eternity. It is the same spirit which spoke through Krishna, saying, 'We appear on earth when Dharma is corrupted,' which was long before the coming of Christ. During his divine absorption Muhammad said, 'I existed even before this creation and shall remain after its assimilation.' In the holy traditions it is said, 'We have created thee of Our light and from thy light We have created the universe.' This is not said of the external person of Muhammad as known by this name. It refers to the spirit which spoke through all the blessed tongues and yet remained formless, nameless, birthless and deathless.

But the blind world, absorbed in its phenomena and impressed by a certain name and form, has clung to the name, forgetting the true being. It is this ignorance which has divided the children of men into so many divisions and separated one from the other by their own delusions: whereas in reality there exists one religion and one single Master, the only God. ... There has been one Teacher only, and He alone will be. All the names which the world has fought over, are His names, and all the physical forms that have won the adoration of the truth-seeking world are His forms.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/I/I_I_2.htm

~~~ The soul of Christ is the light of the universe.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2022 10:53 pm »

The last entry seemed well thought out in the life goals of several Master’s.
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest587
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2022 01:08 am »

To think of all these embodiments as forms of God... Made incarnate here to demonstrate his love for us... A love we are a part of and yet, sometimes, feel so far away from.

Sometimes I just don't feel worthy.
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2022 11:55 pm »

Taking bits and pieces from other conversations and placing them here in this thread... If you're a guest reading we encourage you to join and add your own views to the mix.

It really is all God. The light of this universe is the soul of Christ. Warring ideals have existed as long as man has been. Todays stage is civic nationalism vs globalism. In the past, two cultures would go to war over differing ideas of God. It's all God. Each side, no matter what the people aligned with, saw the dangers in believing or living life in a way different to their own. Each side, absolutely convinced that there way is the right way. That there is no other way...

But if you were to travel the world and realize all the different tribes that indeed exist, you'd realize there are so many quirky ways to live life- some of which would really leave you scratching your head. In one tribe it is customary to spank women who are about to get married with sticks. In another it is a blessing to spit your coffee upon your guest. Some tribes eat baboons, even other humans. Other tribes have survived solely off something called green elixir.

Steve, you've once said variety is the spice of life.

We're so polarized by opposing views we forget that sometimes. It's true, we are witnessing warring ideals. Steve, I am sad to say but I don't think you'll be alive to see the things that concern me most. I only say that because we have quite an age difference you and I. It's okay, such is life... "Death is the tax we all pay." I'm a little sad thinking about it.

There has to be a way to recognize every unique path as valid and belonging to God.

My cousin, an atheist, is a good hearted person. But how many extreme religious folks are quick to dress the other person up as misguided or worse, evil- for not aligning with their personal views? Guess what, it happens on the other end of the argument too.

Although the pendulum swings to and fro, it is all God.

Even Trump and Putin. Obama and Clinton. It is all the Light of Christ. And it is true, some paths will lead to hard times. Like enslavement. But they are valid paths. And we've no one to blame but ourselves. We align with what we do, walk the paths we do, and many times realize when it's too late- that we've wrongly ostracized others for a lack of understanding.

It's all in the name of personal experience, personal growth. Even in the face of suffering, we ultimately achieve understanding. Or maybe we don't... And are doomed to continuous suffering...

What do you think?

Today an officer came up in his uniform. I could sense his hesitation, and he could sense mine. There were these preconceived notions instilled in me by external influence- and most likely vice versa. There was an opportunity for conflict... Instead, I talked to him like a human being. Like his uniform was just that, a garb that does not define him. I realized in the process here is a married man with two kids looking to improve his life. Though we may be very different in our personal views, there are things we recognize that our greater than ourselves that keep us civil and remembering a greater picture...

What else is there?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: