Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 08:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

clearing chatter

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: clearing chatter  (Read 997 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Feb 15, 2010 09:58 pm »

it seems through out the course of routine meditation, i later find myself not wanting to take the time out for stillness
even when i am called to meditate- i find a rush of anxiety... is this a part of, peeling layers? i love to meditate and think i must increase my efforts in doing so- but sometimes my mind wants to stray away- filled with unnecessary clutter-
i've gotten over it and pushed through- a bit discontent at first, later i can sink in...
this bothered me- more so yesterday than today and found that my environment indeed played affect to this... but yesterday- i made a point... which sticks with me today...
i don't want to always have to rely on that, "boost" given to us through divine inspiration- there's nothing wrong with this... i just feel there's a certain responsibility i must take as far as- being able to do it on my own- even when i don't want to... odd?

so my question is this- for the sake of exchange- and broadening horizons for all,
how do you clear the chatter in your mind?
sometimes it is easy- others not... the pull is strong- regardless of direction

i am constantly reminded of a saying i picked up at a small time job-
"aint nothin' to it- but to do it"

sure enough- i agree whole heartedly
some might say- balance dear abysmal balance- this is true- but also find that i'm not over-exerting myself... i'm still working on making meditation a daily thing-
morning/night- or whenever i am called to

i would like to say... todays meditation was great! as well as yesterdays! it seems the more i feel impatient but actually try to conquer the anxiety- the more is revealed
yesterdays meditation brought tingly hands and ringing in both ears

today i felt to tap into some sense of pureness... i felt light and wonderful Smiley i came across this thought while meditating which helped solidify my choices- and the choices yet to come

"meditation brings the change you desire."

focus. will. encouragement. push through, on and on- with faith in greater possibilities. faith in change. faith in more

Faith in change is a pertinent to what many of us are going thru. i like your quote and remember it as i hope to increase my own faith. i heard an interesting story that might help some of you as it did me:

Have you seen those hot air ballons that sometimes ride against the high blue? They are heated and have a gas in them that makes them rise. They want to go up in the air and rise to heights. But as long as there are stakes in the ground holding it down by ropes the balloon is unable to rise. We are much like that in our aspirations: As long as we are tied down by material perceptions and desires, it is hard for us to rise in our spiritual aspiriations and to be free from the canstant chatter of material concerns. In this sense it is important to simplify are lives as much as possible and to find techniques of meditation that will help us have spiritual perceptions so that we can get away from all the worldly chatter.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2010 05:57 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: