Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Spiritualizing a Prayer

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spiritualizing a Prayer  (Read 447 times)
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« on: Feb 11, 2010 02:19 pm »

This morning, as I randomly opened the book " Whispers from Eternity " this is what I found ~

Spiritualizing a prayer

"Just as  a wet match, when struck, does not produce fire, so a mind saturated with restlessness is unable to produce the fire of concentration, even when prodigious efforts are made to strike the cosmic spark.

The flame of inspiration is hidden within the lines of the prayers and demands in this book; but since they are saturated with the diverting waters of printer's ink, paper and intellectual meanings, one has to do away with these distractions in order to bring forth the flame of wisdom from within them.

Different minds reading the same prayer will interpret it differently, and feel it differently...... "

* (pausing for a commercial break ...this is just a bit eerie, last night in our " Focus conversation " there was mention of the transits and something about mechanical breakdowns... and as I am typing this random reading from Whispers ~ which seemed to be speaking to me in regards to " focus " ... the computer decides to erase my reply !  Shocked ok, so I go to reply again, and the computer shuts off completely, and restarts itself....so Midnite Astrologer, what message do you think Yogananda is trying to tell me ? ) *

and continuing with the Whispers ~ 

"One may wish to read a complete prayer or demand, to get a quick view of its entire meaning. But if he will read it over and over again, many times, and then with closed eyes, repeatedly try to feel the deep inspiration behind and within it, he will thus spiritualize it - that is , rouse the inspiration slumbering beneath the thick, silken quilt of words ."

Into Blue

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2010 02:35 pm by Into Blue » Report Spam   Logged
guest58
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2010 04:10 pm »

What me worry? Don't worry about those crazy restless thoughts: the reason many people are lost in thought
is because its unfamiliar territory! Last time I met someone that was empty headed they walked right into me.

Alfred E Newman
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Goose

Goose me till I'm blue

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2010 04:58 pm »

What me worry? Don't worry about those crazy restless thoughts: the reason many people are lost in thought
is because its unfamiliar territory! Last time I met someone that was empty headed they walked right into me.

Alfred E Newman

Brilliant Alffy; Just think if the whole world thought like you we'd have such lovely Alffies walking around lost in space? No: lost in such wonderful meandering lunacy.
Report Spam   Logged

'Awaken to the sound of Geese farting in the morning fog'....Loose Goose
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2010 10:43 pm »

It's not exactly like I am worrying about those restless thoughts, they eventually become tired and settle down for a rest.

However, I do think perhaps a prayer for the two of you, might be in order. I just cannot imagine either of you being lost in space, or elsewhere.  Grin

Into Blue
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2010 10:47 pm by Into Blue » Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Goose

Goose me till I'm blue

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2010 04:35 am »

It's not exactly like I am worrying about those restless thoughts, they eventually become tired and settle down for a rest.

However, I do think perhaps a prayer for the two of you, might be in order. I just cannot imagine either of you being lost in space, or elsewhere.  Grin

Into Blue

The lunatic mind. It will get you everytime. Don't get to concerned about us. Alffy stepped out for a commercial break in the drama you've created. GOT TO LOVE YOU THOUGH.....  Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2010 04:36 am by Laughing Goose » Report Spam   Logged

Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2010 07:00 am »

The lunatic mind. It will get you everytime. Don't get to concerned about us. Alffy stepped out for a commercial break in the drama you've created. GOT TO LOVE YOU THOUGH.....  Grin

What ?  the drama I created ? Life is not always a bowl of fruit, though there are quite a few fruitcakes out there, lol !

gotta love you too, Silly Goose  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Goose

Goose me till I'm blue

« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2010 08:47 am »

What ?  the drama I created ? Life is not always a bowl of fruit, though there are quite a few fruitcakes out there, lol !

gotta love you too, Silly Goose  Grin

Your nuttier than a fruit cake.... just remember it took a loose goose to create a drama for you.
Report Spam   Logged

Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2010 02:19 pm »

Thank you for the compliment, lol ! And thank you for creating the drama, Laughing Goose.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2010 04:49 pm »

Spiritualizing a prayer

"One may wish to read a complete prayer or demand, to get a quick view of its entire meaning. But if he will read it over and over again, many times, and then with closed eyes, repeatedly try to feel the deep inspiration behind and within it, he will thus spiritualize it - that is , rouse the inspiration slumbering beneath the thick, silken quilt of words ."

Into Blue

Sorry i missed the coffee break. But i did read this. Thanks Into Blue. It seems that i hve been reading quick prayers to get a 'quick view'. Time to practice more...

Steve
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2010 08:56 pm »

Coffee break ? I thought you were taking a catnap  Cheesy Either way, you were missed.

Reading quick prayers ? Is there a condensed version that I don't know about ?  and no, I am not talking soup, just in case you were wondering, lol !

Into Blue
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2010 09:13 pm by Into Blue » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2010 12:59 pm »

This morning, as I randomly opened the book " Whispers from Eternity " this is what I found ~

Spiritualizing a prayer

"Just as  a wet match, when struck, does not produce fire, so a mind saturated with restlessness is unable to produce the fire of concentration, even when prodigious efforts are made to strike the cosmic spark.

The flame of inspiration is hidden within the lines of the prayers and demands in this book; but since they are saturated with the diverting waters of printer's ink, paper and intellectual meanings, one has to do away with these distractions in order to bring forth the flame of wisdom from within them.

Different minds reading the same prayer will interpret it differently, and feel it differently...... "

* (pausing for a commercial break ...this is just a bit eerie, last night in our " Focus conversation " there was mention of the transits and something about mechanical breakdowns... and as I am typing this random reading from Whispers ~ which seemed to be speaking to me in regards to " focus " ... the computer decides to erase my reply !  Shocked ok, so I go to reply again, and the computer shuts off completely, and restarts itself....so Midnite Astrologer, what message do you think Yogananda is trying to tell me ? ) *

and continuing with the Whispers ~ 

Into Blue

Just thought i would tell you. i thought i would read your post again. You so kindly took the time to write it out for the benifit of us all. Just as i thought of doing this the wise old owl started it's hooting outside.

Jitendra
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2010 06:31 pm »

Thank you Jitendra, for coming back to read my post again. I realize it isn't actually one of the prayers from the " Whispers " but it was what was speaking to me at that moment ( it had some connection to what was going on at the moment in time) , and I thought perhaps others might also benefit.

There is more I wanted to add, but at the moment, when the computer started acting up and not accepting my replies, I looked at the clock and I had someplace I had to be... so again, I got my message, electronically or Divinely or combination there of.  Smiley

Synchronistic, perhaps that you heard the owl when you did

Into Blue 
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2010 06:37 pm »

Here is the part I wanted to add ~
( to avoid any confusion, it is Yogananda that the following sentences came from, not from me - I am just adding the sentences here as when I tried to do so in an earlier post, the computer wasn't co- operating)

" Be still, and let God answer through you. Learn to know Him by knowing your Self.
Visualize Him as formless but with form, silent but with voice as well."

It also spoke of meditation, seems it all leads back to the breathing and the meditation as keys.

Into Blue
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2010 08:38 am by Into Blue » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: