Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 05:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

NonOrdinary States of Consciousness

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NonOrdinary States of Consciousness  (Read 258 times)
guest587
« on: Apr 27, 2022 04:48 am »

by John E. Mack, M.D.
http://johnemackinstitute.org/1994/...-consciousness-and-the-accessing-of-feelings/

....A friend shared this resource from another forum. It had me thinking a lot about my ego. I watched a special on the akashic records, it was suggested that all the information we need is there- but whether or not we've the ability to perceive. I've had some interesting moments I thought were visions of past life... Somethings I've shared here before. I've also been able to dream of a co-workers special landscape she dreams of to hash things out with her lovers. By attaching to these visions I've had both positive and negative results. Actually they are all positive, some just lead to temporary suffering- a lesson for sure.

What allows us to perceive? How are other people able to trigger memories? How are specific places able to amplify unique experiences for every person in the designated area? I think I've let my ego suggest that- because of the visions I'm having, this person must have been a wife in a past life... When in reality that is my desire for an intimate relationship in this life. That doesn't mean what I'm seeing is any less true, it just means it might not have been MY past life after-all. I think this state is also considered, "NonOrdinary Sates of Consciousness." Well, this is a fascinating read for anyone interested... Summary below:
SUMMARY

Through nonordinary states of consciousness we can be brought into connection with the cycles of birth, death, and rebirth; with powerful feelings from early childhood; and with the transpersonal realms in which each individual can discover the capacity to identify with beings and forces in nature outside of personal biographical experience — a physical and emotional reification of Jung’s idea of the collective unconscious.

When we are able to access, or reaccess, emotions that have been warded off in the body cells or in autonomic regulatory systems, then the human organism’s previously blocked natural healing powers can become available. It is in this working through or integrative process that the greatest therapeutic value of nonordinary states may reside.

Finally, nonordinary states of consciousness have value beyond their therapeutic applications for personal growth and the expansion of consciousness. As Brown discusses in Chapter 17, the turning of attention from outer stimuli to the inner processes of thought and feeling, as occurs among experienced meditators, permits the questioning of the structure of perception itself and makes available information from a realm of being in which the distinctions between inside and outside or between psyche and nature lose their power and in which a deeply fulfilling extension of the range of human consciousness can occur.
Anything here stand out to you?
 Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022 05:25 pm »

There are an array of Beings- and God connects us all. Some beings we aren't even aware of. I wonder if the culmination of intelligence(ones soul) in others spurred the ability for me to receive impressions and idea's- a type of subtle communication where consciousness is recognizing itself. Could it be simply the greater part of our being recognizing the light in another? Could it be for reasons of healing and understanding??? Hmmm...

"The total number of minds in the universe is one. In fact, consciousness is a singularity phasing within all beings." ~Dr. Erwin Schrodinger
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2022 01:59 am »

“Consciousness is a fundamental aspect of the universe,” says world-renowned psychiatrist and consciousness researcher, Dr. Stan Grof, in the above three-minute video.

“The brain somehow mediates consciousness but certainly is not the source of consciousness.”
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2023 06:00 am »

Alright... How to ask this question?

Well. For one, we can theorize how an object might appear in 4D. That's interesting. As Carl Sagan explained, we can postulate the shadow of a 4th dimension.

There are theories of a fifth dimension. There is also M-Theory, theory of everything which includes an 11th dimension.

Wow. Personal side, I didn't even know what M-Theory was until receiving the information in a dream. ... Just what the heck?

Let's suppose, a 2D microorganism exist in our world. Or even, 2D intelligent life. Could a 3D droplet provide impressions to the 2D organism it would have otherwise never considered?

Similarly, could the interaction with intelligent life operating in more dimensions give us ideas we would have never considered? Just how hard is it for us to interact with those Beings from higher dimensions?

Suppose a 2D organism could effect the greater body of an organism in 3D. Maybe it does this without knowing. If Earth contains 1D, 2D and 3D- all of which we can perceive, does it also share life with dimensions we can not?

Lastly, I am trying to make contact. I think there are different ET's, some of which are equally bound to 3D as we- and some of which we can not perceive because our faculties were not designed to. I am attempting to establish contact with those we can not perceive- meditation is oft described as transcendental. To say we are not designed to experience additional dimensions might be a tad erroneous. Maybe our everyday function has its limits, but are there not unexplored or lesser known territories in our makeup sometimes described as extra-sensory perceptions?

I think of the 1111 phenomenon and wonder if beings operating from additional dimensions are somehow responsible for aligning our internal thoughts to synchronistic moments with the world around us.

I do think it's possible to gather impressions of life with more dimensions... I think we experience that reality sometimes in dreams, remote viewing. Meditation. Even ideas, suggested to us, from a higher intelligence. But it is extremely difficult to explain, imagine, reproduce. Maybe it's why hundreds of thousands of years can go by and we still can not conjure much proof that would satisfy another. Because that something is coming from dimensions we can not necessarily- or more accurately, readily interact with.

Is consciousness a singular entity?

I think it's all there is. So, while we may recognize distinct and separate forms, I still think it is the link that allows us to establish contact.

I'm not sure why I think meditation is pertinent, but I do think it allows us to slow down and free us from the limited perception of our Ego. And usually, in so doing, very hard to explain experiences can occur. Like perceiving aura's and orbs, experiencing a type of telepathy or precognition. Having strange memories that come from who knows where ... ? Downloading information in dreams you'd have never known.

I think the answer to my question is yes, and I think it's fair to say this is no easy feat. How common is it for a 2D microorganism to suddenly take on an additional dimension, a 3D? Not at all. But... In this hypothetical world, I do think it is possible to retain impressions and interact with intelligent life operating from additional dimensions. I suppose you'd have to believe these life forms even exist, first and foremost. And to remember, contact may not appear in the manner we think it ought to. It could be very limiting simply because our modus operandi is accustomed to its functions, comfortable even. It takes something to shake things up, and all I can seem to imagine is this constant colliding- a zeroing in and an expanding outward, simultaneously. We might call that something an outside force, or an internal one. That's the singularity.

So... Our impressions of additional dimensions are slightly skewed, as is our ability to interact with intelligent life. But I think it's possible, I do not think we are doomed. Maybe my understanding is completely wrong.  But this is where I'm at.

What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: