Spiritual Portal
May 20, 2022 11:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Thought is a universal, not individual entity

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 5
Comments (1)

Views: 6
Comments (1)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Thought is a universal, not individual entity  (Read 225 times)
mccoy
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2022 11:53 am »

I think an interesting test, to see if you are in alignment with Gods Will, is when external reality is manipulated to Guide and Communicate with you. When considering All that IS, Self vs self- consciousness, awareness and the beautiful depths of subconsciousness in relation to macro reality. If you find this living language guiding you, then it is not for me to tell you what is right or what is wrong. I have Faith God Guides us All. 

Eric, at first reading the above is not very clear to me, I'll have to ponderate it. My method is based first on the teachings of the great gurus and their disciples, and secondly by elaborations that are hopefully derived by God's given ability of logical inference. And, most importantly, objectivity should prevail and individual biases must be put aside.
Sri Yukteswar is an outstanding example of the sheer power of discrimination and logic. Trying to attune to his vibration could be a good way to attune to God's vast spheres of thought, by proxy.
Report Spam   Logged
1Houston

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2022 01:54 pm »

I think that's very noble. I still need to watch the video in full, I apologize if I've derailed from your thread. I only meant to say I've witnessed reality manipulated in ways that defy logic in order to acknowledge my inner journey. As if being guided by a higher power. I think the more we learn to recognize those moments, whispers from Spirit, the more Faith is developed- an assurance that Divine Intelligence is guiding us in the right direction. Should that right direction appear wrong to another, it does not make one greater or less true. As I've pondered in a few replies above, "maybe we are born to live out and fulfill expressions some call good what others call bad." I find my self in agreement with your thoughts. Gods thoughts are vast spheres, and Masters guide us back Home- "Who constantly leads its followers to the Light." I will most likely elaborate in a separate thread, or not. For now I will not comment here further until I've had the time to watch the entirety of the video you've originally posted.
Report Spam   Logged
1Houston

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2022 02:37 pm »

I've watched the video and I've not derailed one iota!  Cheesy

"...conscious mind, subconscious and superconscious mind.
If a person has a goal that is not in harmony with God's laws, superconsciousness will not cooperate. Because that's the Soul, that's God Within..."

I also liked the story about the Kriyaban teenager who was given the blessing in disguise- that being drafted in the army would humble his spiritual pride.

Yes, lovely video and charming man as it has been said.

"God, that's the Goal"
"Samadhi literally means to direct together"
"Think of God as your Environment."
 Smiley
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022 02:57 pm by 1Houston » Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2022 03:03 pm »

I've watched the video and I've not derailed one iota!  Cheesy

"...conscious mind, subconscious and superconscious mind.
If a person has a goal that is not in harmony with God's laws, superconsciousness will not cooperate. Because that's the Soul, that's God Within..."

I also liked the story about the Kriyaban teenager who was given the blessing in disguise- that being drafted in the army would humble his spiritual pride.

Yes, lovely video and charming man as it has been said.

"God, that's the Goal"
"Samadhi literally means to direct together"
"Think of God as your Environment."
 Smiley

What I have noticed about people I’ve encountered recently is that some of them do not have a goal… which was a key point of the video mccoy shared with us. Some are interested with momentary pleasures and delights. As though this life is meant to be more like a playground than a schoolhouse.  Even to the point where a friend told me quite honestly; ‘ I have too much to do now to take a serious interest in the practice of meditation. Maybe if Putin started a WWIII it would motivate me to start the practice in earnest.’

No doubt we all have different lessons  but quite frankly some of Brother Anandamoy’s illustrations and lessons do not ring true for me. As an example; I believe quite strongly—for right or wrong- that my lessons in the last two lives have been quite the opposite in regards to military discipline. It has been very important to question what exactly authorities have wanted us to fight for. Being in the south during the civil war  and living my teen years through the Vietnam crisis has made this very clear to me. It is evident as ⬇️

Tulsi Gabbard recognized this fallacy of misplaced loyalty when she called out the last President on his misplaced priorities regarding Saudi Arabia. Go to marker 1 minute 15 seconds to hear her legitimate concern.

“For you (Dishonest Donald) to think you can pimp us out to the Prince of Saudi Arabia is disgraceful. My fellow servicemen and I are not your prostitutes and you are not our pimp.” Considering that she was talking about the support of a despot as Fuhrer Trump himself was generally speaking was one himself, she had an extremely good point. While mccoy made the point he thought it was important to have respect for our leaders—I believe it is even more important to have respect for truth which Donald Trump never had.

While I find the video very inspiring I found Brother Anandamoy and some other monastics at SRF not personally helpful while others were tremendously supportive and helpful. I also found that other spiritual approaches and spiritual views more helpful at times than the SRF people I first identified with. Perhaps I was meant to expand my spiritual circles. This site is an example of that expansion. Sequestering oneself into certain spiritual practices may not always be helpful for the development of everyone’s progress. While others may have a lesson of loyalty to learn and need to be directed to one discipline in this life…. I have found the approach of many Masters and multi dimensional spiritual approaches tremendously helpful; while still considering the Masters of Babaji my gurus. One man’s meat is another (man)’s poison.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022 07:25 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/POW0FKCqgM8
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus music/songs<br />http://.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve Hydonus
1Houston

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2022 07:46 pm »

While I find the video very inspiring I found Brother Anandamoy and some other monastics at SRF not personally helpful while others were tremendously supportive and helpful. I also found that other spiritual approaches and spiritual views more helpful at times than the SRF people I first identified with.
Ultimately,
"There is One Religion, the unswerving progress in the right direction towards the ideal, which fulfills the life's purpose of every soul." ~HIK
Your journey is unique. It's its own religion.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022 07:49 pm by 1Houston » Report Spam   Logged
1Houston

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2022 06:58 pm »

Thank you again, mccoy, for posting this gem. It is a lovely contribution to the spiritual portal. While jogging near the end of my walk I started thinking about God as our environment. I started thinking about the "Thought" plane. About trials and tribulations mentioned by our friend here in this video. self with a lowercase s is riddled with problems. Always grasping- past, future, always absorbed in its own drama. Thinking about God as an active, living environment and using the thoughts that are processed through our awareness as a way to adjust our antennae is easier to do when we recognize Self with a capital S. There are times it is harder than others, for my self that is when my bodily and mental health suffer. Or times when the s with a lowercase s feels accosted. Whether I am able take the little me out of the equation or not, it is fun to engage with God(in God) in a manner similar to alchemy. It may be called a dance, even an opportunity- since we can observe the thoughts we process and decide ourselves how to transform them. In every moment is an opportunity. A way to liberation, a way to compassionate presence.  A way to Union. I've fallen plenty of times, even thought to have a past life- or at least a memory shared/experienced of a fallen angel. If dissolution awaits, I will continue to try nonetheless. An attitude that brings me Joy, is that I will die fighting. Fighting for what? Self-Peace. So it is.
Kind regards.  Smiley

"There is One Moral, the love which springs forth from self-denial and blooms in deeds of beneficence." ~HIK   
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022 07:05 pm by 1Houston » Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2022 08:58 pm »

While I find the video very inspiring I found Brother Anandamoy and some other monastics at SRF not personally helpful while others were tremendously supportive and helpful. I also found that other spiritual approaches and spiritual views more helpful at times than the SRF people I first identified with.
Ultimately,
"There is One Religion, the unswerving progress in the right direction towards the ideal, which fulfills the life's purpose of every soul." ~HIK
Your journey is unique. It's its own religion.

Yes I’ve learned a lot from your spiritual experiences and guiding forces. Especially Gurunath who I see as a great guru of Babaji as Yogananda Jesus and the SRF gurus were.  Inayat Khan had a slightly different perspective but he also came earlier to the states.* I also appreciate Swami V. and some of your ‘angel’ transmissions.  Thanks Eric! Your efforts at building this site have made it what it is today regardless of any differences we have had politically speaking. We have shared much from our American Indian interests and a pantheism that seems to ooze out of a previous idealistic life time together. And your dream scenarios have been awe inspiring seen in ‘Dreams and Visions’ as ‘guest 88.’

And I will never forget my one conversation with mccoy on the phone. What a dialect and sense of humor. It makes me smile even now.

*Inayat Khan toured the United States with his brother Maheboob Khan and cousin Mohammed Ali Khan between the years 1910 and 1912.

~Wikipedia

🙏
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022 09:32 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus music/songs<br />http://.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2022 08:24 am »

And I will never forget my one conversation with mccoy on the phone. What a dialect and sense of humor. It makes me smile even now.

I too remember that conversation, was it 2015 or 2016? Middle of the night in my timezone and couldn't remember where Michigan was...

I also remember your experience with truck driving, not being able to find suitable vegetarian food in stations, and carrying sprouts around.

There also was another member who was driving.

Report Spam   Logged
1Houston

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2022 04:14 pm »

Those who have given deep thoughts to the world are those who have controlled the activity of their minds.

Bowl of Saki, May 5, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:

He is thoughtful whose mind is directed by his will, whose mind fulfills his intentions, whose mind is under the control of his intention. ... Only those who have controlled the activity of their minds have given deep thoughts to the world. Those whose minds are working mechanically like a machine, or just reflecting the activity of those around them, may appear to be living beings, but the mystic would say differently; for it is not till a person has gained mastery over his mind, till he is above this activity, that he is a ruling power, a true person.

When we think about it, we find that all the things that are accomplished in this world are accomplished by the power of mind. ... Whatever man creates in science, in art, in phenomena or wonder making, in poetry, in music, in pictures, in everything that he brings into being, is all achieved by the power of mind. ... If he does not control his mind, he is not a master but a slave. It lies with his own mind whether he shall be master, or whether he shall be slave. He is slave when he neglects to be master; he is master if he cares to be master.

Mastery lies not merely in stilling the mind, but in directing it towards whatever point we desire, in allowing it to be active as far as we wish, in using it to fulfill our purpose, in causing it to be still when we want to still it. He who has come to this has created his heaven within himself; he has no need to wait for a heaven in the hereafter, for he has produced it within his own mind now.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_16.htm

People pursue spirituality with their brain: that is where they are mistaken. Spirituality is attained through the heart. What do I mean by the heart? Is it the nervous center in the midst of the breast, the small piece of flesh that doctors call the heart? No, the definition of the heart is that it is the depth of the mind, the mind being the surface of the heart. That in us which feels is the heart, that which thinks is the mind. It is the same thing which thinks and feels, but the direction is different: feeling comes from the depth, thought from the surface. When thought is not linked with feeling it is just like a plant rising up from the earth, the root of which has not gone deep. A thought without feeling is a powerless thought; it is just like a plant without a deep root. A tree the root of which has gone deep into the earth is stronger, more reliable, and so the thought deeply rooted in the heart has greater power.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_2_8.htm
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2022 12:24 am »

Anandamoy's spheres of thought in common language are defined as 'narratives'.

A narrative is a set of thoughts picked up and assembled in such a way to give shape to a conceptual framework.

The thoughts are already present in the causal world. The assemblage may be correct, then the narrative is in tune with the universal or contingent truth.

The assemblage may be faulty, then the narrative is wrong.

It is not always easy to make up a wrong narrative, that is the wrong sphere of thoughts. Anandamoy's 'God's vast spheres of thought ' are essential cosmic truths.

A wrong narrative constitutes sometimes a demonic sphere of thought, a conceptual framework that has been suggested by demonic forces. For example, Hitler's concept of the necessary genocide of the Jews.
Or Putin's concept of the necessary denazification of Ukraine, to be obtained by force.

Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2022 12:45 am »

A narrative is a set of thoughts picked up and assembled in such a way to give shape to a conceptual framework.

The thoughts are already present in the causal world. The assemblage may be correct, then the narrative is in tune with the universal or contingent truth.

It is not always easy to make up a wrong narrative, that is the wrong sphere of thoughts. Anandamoy's 'God's vast spheres of thought ' are essential cosmic truths.

A wrong narrative constitutes sometimes a demonic sphere of thought, a conceptual framework that has been suggested by demonic forces. For example, Hitler's concept of the necessary genocide of the Jews.
Or Putin's concept of the necessary denazification of Ukraine, to be obtained by force.

Another narrative that is wrong that continues to circulate in autocratic governments and with cult figures is  that certain forces and people are to continue ruling despite the fact that they are not representative of the public decision to continue ruling.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022 12:47 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

stevehydonus@aol.com
1Houston

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2022 04:59 am »

On the contrary Steve, I don't think that's a wrong narrative at all. The truth is we know very little about todays worldly affairs. We are simpletons sitting on the sidelines. Making our observations as best we can, through a manipulated lens at that. We've also had various entities who would play on human emotion to gain favor for personal agenda. This kind of deception has been tested on a grand scale and continues today. You've made erroneous assumptions about me, and I've made some about you. What was wrong? It was the attitude of our mind. While I truly believe we are more than the limited(but grand) experiences we gather from a single lifetime, I think we are too attached to the immediate personality to see the bigger picture. Sometimes we are relieved from such an attachment. But there's always something ready to bring us back in this perpetual confinement. It seems to be true, time again- Maybe we are even too attached to our loftier desires. I don't think that's wrong- but it gets complicated when we try to enforce our perception of reality onto others which happens quite regularly- even among us, friends who delight in the blessings of God. You can attest to that. And how often do we make God to fit our desired image- based on our limited understanding? All too often I'd say. There is only One God. None exist save He. Another Sufi thought... There is only One Truth. This is the path I believe in. In honor of a great Sufi mind... I will see what he has to say about right and wrong and share it here...

Volume VI - The Alchemy of Happiness
THE LAW OF ACTION

There is, however, one law which leads man towards the unlimited. And this law can never be taught and can never be explained. At the same time this law is rooted in the nature of man, and there is no person, however unjust and wicked he may seem, who has not got this faculty in his innermost being. It may be called a faculty, for it is the faculty of discerning between right and wrong.

But what determines that something should be called right or wrong? Four things: the motive behind the action, the result of the action, the time, and the place. Wrong action with the right motive may be right; and a right action with wrong motive may be wrong. We are always ready to judge an action, and we hardly think of the motive. That is why we readily accuse a person for his wrong, and excuse ourselves readily for our wrong, because we know our motive best. We would perhaps excuse another person as we excuse ourselves if we tried to know the motive behind his action too. A thought, a word, or an action in the wrong place turns into a wrong one, even if it was right in itself. A thought or word or action at a wrong time may be wrong although it may seem right. And when we analyze this more and more we shall say as a Hindu poet has said, 'There is no use in feeling bad about the wrong deed of another person. We should content ourselves with the thought that he could not do better.' To look at everything, trying to see what is behind it, to see it in its right light, requires divine illumination, a spiritual outlook on life. And this outlook is attained by the increase of compassion. The more compassion one has in one's heart, the more the world will begin to look different.

There is another side to this question. Things seem to us according to how we look at them. To a wrong person everything looks wrong, and to a right person everything looks right. For a right person turns wrong into right, and a wrong person turns right into wrong. The sin of the virtuous is a virtue, and the virtue of a sinner is a sin. Things depend very much upon our interpretation, as there is no seal on any action, word, or thought which determines it to be wrong or right.

There is still another side to it: how much our favor and disfavor play their part in discerning right and wrong. In someone whom we love and like and admire we wish to see everything wrong in a right light. Our reason readily comes to the rescue of the loved one. It always brings an argument as to what is right and what excuses his wrong. And how readily do we see the faults and errors of the one whom we disfavor. And how difficult it is for us to find a fault, even if we wanted to, in someone we love! Therefore, if in the life of Christ we read how he forgave those who were accused of great faults or great sins, we can now see that it was natural that the one who was the lover of mankind could not see faults. The only thing he could see was forgiveness. A stupid or simple person is always ready to see the wrong in another and ready to form an opinion and to judge. But you will find a wise person expressing his opinion of others quite differently, always trying to tolerate and always trying to forgive still more. The present is the reflection of the past, and the future will be the echo of the present; this saying will always prove true.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VI/VI_33.htm

Part II - The Deeper Side of Life
Chapter XII
Pairs of Opposites used in Religious Terms

IN RELIGIOUS terms one makes use of pairs of opposites such as God and devil, heaven and hell, sin and virtue. Man who begins to acquire knowledge by learning through pairs of opposites cannot at once rise to that pitch where he comprehends life without them. In one way it is not correct, it is not right to conceive God who is all-powerful together with the conception of another personality, an opposite power, calling it devil. On the other hand it would puzzle a believer in God, who considers God all good and all beautiful, when he knew that also all that is bad or evil is contained in God. Besides, a devotee, a worshipper of God, whose object is to raise by devotion and worship his ideal of God as high as he can, is hindered in his effort by being made to see that all that he considers wicked and ugly also belongs to God's part. On the other hand one has diminished God, making Him limited, producing before Him a power which – if not equal – exists as a power opposite to God.

...Now we come to what people call sin and virtue. In all ages they have pointed out, 'This particular thing is sin, that particular thing is virtue'. Whenever the wise have done it they have done it rightly, and yet they differ from one another. If a greater light is thrown upon this subject it is possible to view sin in the light of sin and also to view sin in the light of virtue. Very often one can also see that under the cover of virtue there was a sin, and under the cover of sin there was a virtue.

When people came to Christ accusing a person of wrongdoing the Master did not think of anything else but forgiveness, for he did not see in that person what the others saw. Looking at right and wrong is not the work of an ordinary mind, and it is amusing that the more ignorant a person, the more ready he is to distinguish between right and wrong. Very often it is the angle from which we view a thing that makes it right or wrong, and therefore the very thing that we would call wrong, if we were able to see it from different angles, we would call right at the same time.

When people say that they distinguish between right and wrong by their results, even then they cannot be sure if in the punishment there was not a reward, or in the reward a punishment. What does this show us? It shows us that life is a puzzle of duality. The pairs of opposites keep us in an illusion and make us think, 'This is this, and that is that'. At the same time by throwing a greater light upon things we shall find in the end that they are quite different from what we had thought.

The purpose of our life on earth is to come and see all the distinctions and all the differences, but not to be congested by them and so to be thrown downwards. We should go on rising above them all, at the same time experiencing them all. For instance a man may say, 'I have never thought about anyone who has done me any good, and I have never considered any harm that has ever come to me from anyone; I have always had just that one idea before me and after that idea I kept going'. He may be advanced, he may be spiritual, he may be pious, and yet he has missed a great deal. But the one who has received all the good that has come to him with grateful thanks and felt it, and who has also felt the harm done to him and forgiven and pardoned it, he is the one who has seen the world and is going beyond with success.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_2_12.htm

Volume VII - In an Eastern Rose Garden
THE PRESENCE OF GOD

There is no evil in this world that has not a little spark of good. If a person only tried to find the spark of good, he could find it. But if a person seeks to find a little spark of evil in every good, he can do that also. Someone may say of another, 'He is very good.' But the neighbor says, 'Yes, he is good, but you do not know this about him: I will just tell you what he does!' Is there anyone who never contradicts when somebody is praising another? There has never been anyone in history about whom somebody has not spoken evil.

What is really good? The answer is, there is no such thing as good or evil. There is beauty. That which is beautiful, we call good. That which is ugly compared with the beautiful, we call evil: whether it is custom, idea, thought or action. This shows that this whole phenomenon of the universe is the phenomenon of beauty. Every soul has an inclination to admire beauty, to seek for beauty, to love beauty, and to develop beauty. Even God loves beauty.

In all ages the various religions have given different standards of good and evil, calling them virtue and sin. The virtue of one nation has been the sin of another. The virtue of the latter is the sin of the former. Travel as we may through the world, or read the histories and traditions of nations as we may, we shall still find that what one calls evil, another calls good. That is why no one can succeed in making a universal standard for good and evil. The discrimination between good and evil is in man's soul.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_2.htm

Thanks be to Wahiddudin for creating such a wonderful website full of information and spiritual nourishment.
In his search engine I typed, good and evil. Feel free to explore the content yourself and see whether there is something interesting or challenging to your current frame of mind.
https://wahiduddin.net/cgi-bin/texis/webinator/search_rjs?dropXSL=0&pr=full_site&prox=page&rorder=700&rprox=1000&rdfreq=100&rwfreq=200&rlead=0&sufs=2&order=r&rdepth=0&query=good+and+evil&submit=Submit

Namaste.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022 05:11 am by 1Houston » Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2022 08:24 am »

On the contrary Steve, I don't think that's a wrong narrative at all. The truth is we know very little about todays worldly affairs. We are simpletons sitting on the sidelines. Making our observations as best we can, through a manipulated lens at that. We've also had various entities who would play on human emotion to gain favor for personal agenda. This kind of deception has been tested on a grand scale and continues today. You've made erroneous assumptions about me, and I've made some about you. What was wrong? It was the attitude of our mind. While I truly believe we are more than the limited(but grand) experiences we gather from a single lifetime, I think we are too attached to the immediate personality to see the bigger picture. Sometimes we are relieved from such an attachment. But there's always something ready to bring us back in this perpetual confinement. It seems to be true, time again- Maybe we are even too attached to our loftier desires. I don't think that's wrong- but it gets complicated when we try to enforce our perception of reality onto others which happens quite regularly- even among us, friends who delight in the blessings of God. You can attest to that. And how often do we make God to fit our desired image- based on our limited understanding? All too often I'd say. There is only One God. None exist save He. Another Sufi thought... There is only One Truth. This is the path I believe in. In honor of a great Sufi mind...

I find much to agree with you about the comments above. The  point you make above about “enforcing our perceptions of realty onto others.” is the most important. When this happens among people of varying opinions it becomes a dangerous tool to justify violent acts and misrepresentation of what others have done. When it takes that kind of action it is no longer acceptable because there are people who force us to accept their given perceptions. If we do not, they feel they have the right to force their will on us and others through violence and making their perceptions part of someone else’s perspective whether they agree or not. The truth is we know much about many world affairs especially the results of the presidential elections in 2022 and the diabolical plans of Vladimir Putin. We have even witnessed it here at the portal and mccoy has had similar experiences at another site. People who cannot tolerate the views of others and make the decision that they have the right to subdue others and their opinions. There are of course various maneuvers that are subtle and not so pronounced as the invasion of other countries and the overthrow of our own. These strategies are more noticeable between friends and are being recognized on a daily basis.

For instance, I have had the experience of playing music with other musicians who would like to do it their way as I would have things done my way. Without an understanding of reciprocity and working together things fall apart. Some people are not willing to continue projects with others unless they at liberty to do it their way despite the objections of others. Abraham Lincoln was that way and Jesus as well. They would not change their convictions for others. Adolph Hitler and Vladimir Putin also had this characteristic although their strategy had a very a very different aim. So it is up to us to use our intuition and rational faculties to make a choice as to what our choices will be when we are in situations that wear down others. We also will have the karmic responsibility for our decisions ands actions.

We cannot always take a passive position of resignation when there are forces which want to subdue us who have no right to do so. At times we must express our spiritual convictions and not let the forces of adharma wipe out dharma. Seeing the ‘big picture’ as you describe it is a constant reminder to us all that we have much to absorb in our understanding and gain from others in the process. That’s what we are doing together here along with our own personal efforts for enlightenment.

I would agree with mccoy’s assessments above. Being of a demonic nature at times we have to take action to stop the enforcement of a demonic sphere of thought.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022 03:52 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

stevehydonus@aol.com
1Houston

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2022 03:46 pm »

Swami Vidyadhishananda has said the momentum of this karmic wave is so grand that no one can spectate alone. It effects all of us. There's a reason we're alive during this time. He also said there's much deceit and very difficult, even for the most trained mind, to know what is truth. You will experience truth in meditation, not news. It's in the spirit of patience and contemplation, and everyone is being called to bravely practice their deepest desires. Everyone has a role, even those who have been labeled demonic by their fellow man. Even those who've been mislead after having their emotions hijacked by a grand narrative. For me it's important to say we only think we know when talking about politics and someone else. We often learn what we thought about something, even someone, has entirely different meaning- and even that understanding may not happen until the release from this body occurs(deaths transition). What was Yoganandas realization about Alexander the Great? Knowing there are entities whose role is to manipulate and to alter truth, and knowing that we often end up performing actions we accuse others of(like enforcing our reality onto others) there is still a path, for me, that will allow others to live out the necessary arrangement they've made with themselves while I perform my duty. To some they'd call my duty passive or inaction but that isn't the truth because I know at a soul level, there is an inner pilot aligned with God and he is actively communicating with all Beings. I can see the effects of my actions in my immediate environment, not virtual speculation.
Peace to you, these are chaotic times. These are astounding times. No doubt heaven and hell exist here now. We're all doing our part, whether we realize it or not.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022 03:50 pm by 1Houston » Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2022 04:10 pm »

You are going through your learning and I’m going through mine. Yet at times we have no choice but to recognize we have differences of views. When this continues on in a larger context between nations it becomes a war of attrition. It can also be seen as happening between different views and approaches in countries and groups and also between friends. Being conscious beings it is not always possible to sweep such differences under the rug so it may be best to face them as it was for instance in the civil war here in the United States. We all play our individual roles in such dramas and we take the consequences of our actions or inactions. Most notably one way of deciphering what view or action we take is to recognize its consequences on others and the means we take, as well as the behaviors we exhibit during the process.

There may be a path for you to come to terms with differences you have with others. Although that path may not work with others when their government is being taken over by sociopaths or they are being invaded by others who want to subdue them. They have no choice or be subdued. I have taken both choices at different times in my life and have noticed the outcomes of those choices.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022 04:26 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: