Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 03:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Sri Yukteswar and the Yugas

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Sri Yukteswar and the Yugas  (Read 1698 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Mar 10, 2022 05:40 pm »

Yuga Theory by Sri Yukteshwar

Sri Yukteswar’s introduction to The Holy Science includes his explanation of the Yuga Cycle, which differs from the traditional position because of his premise that the earth is now in the age of Dwapara Yuga, not the Kali Yuga that most Indian pundits believe to be the current age. His theory is based on the idea that the sun “takes some star for its dual and revolves around it in about 24,000 years of our earth – a celestial phenomenon which causes the backward movement of the equinoctial points around the zodiac.” The standard explanation for this celestial phenomenon is precession, the ‘wobbling’ rotating movement of the earth axis. Research into Sri Yukteswar’s explanation is being conducted by the Binary Research Institute.

He further states that the sun also has another motion by which it revolves around a grand center called Vishnu-Naabhi, which is the seat of the creative power Brahma, the universal magnetism. Brahma regulates Dharma, the mental virtues of the inner world. When the sun in its revolution around its dual comes to the place nearest to this grand center, the seat of Brahma (an event which takes place when the autumnal equinox comes to the first point of Aries), Dharma the mental virtue becomes so developed that man can easily comprehend all, even the mysteries of Spirit.

In The Holy Science, Sri Yukteswar concludes that we are currently in the beginning stages of Dwapara Yuga, which began around 1699 A.D., moving closer to the grand center, and will pass into Treta Yuga around the year 4099 A.D.

If we represent the yugas in a clock, the lowest spiritual time would be at 6 o’clock, approx. Year 550 A.D., which is the center of Kali Yuga (more or less the Middle Ages), and the highest point is 12 o’clock, in the center of Satya Yuga (literally Age of Truth, as sat=truth), or Golden Age. It takes approx. 12,000 years from the lowest to the highest point, and about 24,000 in a complete turn. Now we would be at approx. 7 o’clock, ascending in Dwapara Yuga or Bronze Age which started in 1699.

[Note : The graphic in the image displays the Zodiac symbols in its inner circle based on their alignment with the Northern Hemisphere AUTUMNAL Equinox, NOT the Vernal Equinox. The Great Year/Yuga Cycle commences when the Autumnal Equinox is aligned with the First Point of the Constellation Aries, as stated above (ref “The Holy Science” by Sri Yukteswar). Hence, they may appear to be rotated 180 degrees to those who typically use the Northern Hemisphere VERNAL Equinox as their reference point for the Zodiac ‘Ages’]

https://mydattatreya.com/sri-yukteswar/

« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2022 10:46 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022 02:55 pm »

Thanks for quoting me in my entirety Steve- Truly. Superficial virtue is something we seem to suffer from here in the United States. Maybe we will send billions to our Muslim Brothers and Sisters who are being raped and tortured by Chinese officials to help them rebel against China???

My take on it is this. Our souls tend to rebel against the difficult and slow moving evolution taking place on the earth plane at this time. There are so many back slides in us and the world around us. Sometimes we see people like ourselves creating challenging karma rather than resolving it. This is all part of a transition period we have been goin through since the late 1800’s. A 200 year transition time between the dark Kali yoga, or Iron Age and the merging Dwapara Yuga or Bronze Age. Remnants of the dark ages still linger with us-vast times of total denial of soul recognition and kindness to our spiritual family around the globe. Times when emperors and leaders in power used very barbaric tactics to subdue the masses and their followers willingly involved in unquestionably abusive practices to those in their immediate local. No doubt your soul having had experiences from life times of being in more harmonious environments for its expression rebels at such barbaric behavior and atrocious actions committed by others. We have some purpose here though Eric and I think both of us are ‘seeing’ that more clearly as the events of our present incarnation unfold before our souls awareness.

I recall having a class in high school that was tied to community work and I was working for Dominoes Pizza and the manager there was grading me on my service. To give you an example of what I really learned I will tell you one thing he demanded that I do as an assignment and part of my grade.

He told me to go to the telephone booth which he could see from the Dominoes Pizza location and order 10 or 12 pizzas from his competitor ‘Little Caesar’s’ Pizza and have them delivered to a fictitious address. Knowing that my grade depended on it and just how despicable he was I went to the telephone booth and pretended to order the pizzas. So as you see their are people who have no moral scruples and are still lingering on from a barbaric period in history. He also showed some of the abusive tactics you have shown here of the Chinese torture camps. We have to do what we can and what we see as possible in the moral dilemma's presented to us and sometimes we are not successful in our ‘karmic tests’ which are higher ‘grades’ then any worldly school can determine. Grades that obviously supersede any worldly school such as ‘re-education’ camps in communist China.

https://www.vedanet.com/keys-to-the-yugas-or-cycles-of-the-ages-subyugas-in-the-sri-yukteswar-yuga-cycle/

From the link above;

The purpose of the present article is to suggest an additional enhancement to Yukteswar’s Yuga theory, adding a set of ‘subyugas’ or minor yugas to add more detail to it.

These additional subperiods can explain historical changes over centuries that the Yuga model of thousands of years can miss.They also tell us why, though we are no longer in the Kali Yuga, that we are still in a difficult time that is likely to continue for some decades.

First of all, let us take a quick overview of Sri Yuktewar’s Yuga theory. Yukteswar proposes a four yuga cycle of 12,000 years with transitional periods called ‘sandhis’ coming in between. Each sandhi is 10% the length of the main period and occurs at both its beginning and end.

Kali Yuga of 1000 years has two sandhis of 100 years for a total of 1200 years. Dwapara Yuga of 2000 years has two sandhis of 200 years for a total of 2400 years. Treta Yuga of 3000 years has two sandhis of 300 years for a total of 3600 years. Satya Yuga of 4000 years has two sandhis of 400 years for a total of 4800 years. This makes for a total of 12,000 years for the cycle of the four yugas.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022 03:41 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2022 06:00 am »

I also want to remind you, at no time did Sti Yukteswar clarify he was speaking of physical reality or did he specify the ages and dual were of a causal significance. You would think he meant in the physical realm but since he does not say we are left to understand the import of his words.

Of course it may be, I would propose to study the material expressly written after the theory of Sri Yukteswar:

https://binaryresearchinstitute.org/bri/

As a rational and logical human being i ask you; To give this some thought.  It takes over 230 million years to get around the Milky Way. So do you really think that in all thar time the Sun and our solar system has only one attraction; that is to the orbit of the center of the galaxy?Huh?

I intend on engaging in a study of the material as you have suggested. If this gets lengthy i will create a new thread (I'm not sure if you can as a moderator?).

By the fundamentals of the theory of gravity sun and solar system must be under the gravitational influence of all the objects in the galaxy. Fact is that the influence is directly proportional to the mass and inversely proportional to the square of the distance. In relativity, it is the space-time curvature that governs gravitational attraction. The result of the interaction among all objects in the galaxy is the final behavior of the motion of our solar system. Going back to your question, it's a complex matter, but presently there is no evidence of a gravitational pull with another star strong enough to creat a binary system.

Thanks mccoy.... From the Binary Institute; as you have proposed above.

The precession of the equinox

The precession of the equinox is observed as the stars moving across the sky at the rate of about 50 arc seconds per year, relative to the equinox.

Conventional theory holds that this phenomenon is due to the gravity of the sun and moon acting upon the oblate spheroid of the earth causing the axis to wobble (the lunisolar theory). The alternative explanation advanced by the Binary Research Institute is that most of the observable is due to solar system motion, causing a reorientation of the earth relative to the fixed stars as the solar system gradually curves through space (the binary theory or model). We find the binary model better explains acceleration of the precession rate, better predicts changes in the rate, answers a number of solar system problems and has none of the paradoxes or inconsistencies associated with lunisolar precession theory.2

The Research section includes a summary of our basic work investigating the mechanics of precession, describes some of the problems with current theory and gives data to show that solar system motion is a better explanation for the observable known as the precession of the equinox. If you move your mouse over the word “Research” you will find this work broken into five further sections entitled: Introduction, Evidence, Calculations, Finding It and Papers and Articles. We invite you to browse.

For a tutorial on our alternate view of precession please begin with the “Introduction” and keep clicking the “Next” button and it will carry you through each section of the presentation.

If you have any comments or questions about this website or any of our work please feel free to contact us.

From the introduction:

"While there is no obvious visible companion star to our Sun, there could be a dark binary, such as a brown dwarf or possibly a relatively small black hole, either of which might be very difficult to detect, without accurate and lengthy analysis."
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2022 06:35 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2022 08:47 pm »

"While there is no obvious visible companion star to our Sun, there could be a dark binary, such as a brown dwarf or possibly a relatively small black hole, either of which might be very difficult to detect, without accurate and lengthy analysis."

By reading further and above all by listening to the interview with Cruttenden, the author of the book in SY's yugas, I understood what follows:

- If the sun's dual is a brown dwarf or a black hole, the distance of such dual should be pretty small, maybe too small for the dual not to be noticed (enphasys is my remark).

-The sun's dual is believed by Cruttenden to be Sirius, and this would necessitate a revisitation of the velocity of the solar system, which some recent literature proposed. A model based on such revision would be coherent with a binary system with the sun and Sirius.

Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2022 09:32 pm »

I appreciated the binary institute site because it details with some scientific data the theory of yugas, especially in the 'evidence' and 'calculations' sections. In the end, even though there is still a lack of evidence and the model is strongly criticized by some orthodox astronomers, I still feel that Sri Yukteswar may be proven right in the future.

This is a leap of faith, but so many accepted theories in science are huge leaps of faith, like the multiverse, the theory of strings and others. 
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2022 09:41 pm »

While there is no obvious visible companion star to our Sun, there could be a dark binary, such as a brown dwarf or possibly a relatively small black hole, either of which might be very difficult to detect, without accurate and lengthy analysis.

There is also the possibility that our sun might be in a binary or complex gravitational relationship with one of several nearby “visible” stars. This scenario may require thinking beyond standard Newtonian dynamics to embrace MOND or MOG or some similar theory (that suggests that the constant of G might be stronger between stellar objects than between planetary objects within the solar system). There could be many types of unknown and unidentified masses that might cause our solar system to curve through space, including the local stellar cluster and even the galactic center to some small degree, each producing some small effect within the total precession observable. Consequently, at this point our work is primarily focused on understanding the precession observable and its nuances as the likely signature of our solar system’s angular velocity around some common center of mass. We believe that this approach of analyzing the precession observable (the sun’s motion relative to the fixed stars as seen from earth) will provide valuable and helpful data regarding the sun’s most likely stellar companion (if one exists).

In summary, beyond direct detection – one way to determine if we are in a binary or multiple star system is to see if the Sun is curving through space. To us, on Earth, that means we should experience a gradual “changing orientation to inertial space.” Such a phenomenon is observed as the precession of the equinox.

The recent site is more balanced and objective than the latest time, I read it (years ago). Please note, some uncertainty has been manifested as to the existence of the dual star, but other phenomena are cited as possible sources of the alleged sun's motion relative to the fixed stars, such as gravitational curvature due to local stellar clusters and Sagittarius A* to some small degree.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2022 11:04 pm »

I think there are various factors for influencing behavior and likewise physical facts for motions. Isolating the most important factor is the best sometimes people can do in simple conversation. I will give you an example; ‘Being around Yogananda’s direct disciples and those he influenced changed my life.’

In the same way a ‘dual’ Can significantly change our ideas of history and time.

Now I can say that my life was changed because of my Good Karma or somebody invited me to stay in California for a while or any number of other factors. Or someone can say there are many factors that have led to the view of an approximately 24,000 cycle. The crux of the question is this; does Sri Yukteswar’s model of the yugas fit with the reality of a better explanation then the wobble of the earth?
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2022 04:59 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2022 09:59 pm »

From ‘God talks with Arjuna’ the Bhagavad Gita by Paramahnsa Yogananda

(An) equinoctial cycle taking 24,000 years, have been gone through about 83,000 times during the 2 billion years that scientists estimate the earth has already existed. Whenever this earthly school has fulfilled its temporary purpose in God's scheme according to cyclic timing, or whenever all the inhabitants have been fully educated and manifesting complete divinity, then, through a cosmic deluge, Spirit will not only release human beings but also the Karma-tortured active atoms of the earth. In partial dissolutions, only certain areas of the earth are 'dissolved' such as the continent of Atlantis and the Land of Mu (Lemuria) in the Pacific. Plato accounts the legends of one such a partial dissolution when about 9000 BC the land vibrated and trembled and great fissures appeared; Atlantis disappeared into the surrounding water with 88 million inhabitants.

History could hardly record complete cosmic earthly dissolutions! At such times a planet, for example, and all things on it are converted into diaphanous energy. Only liberated masters, through visions, have seen such cosmic disillusions; and no one except God has kept a record of how many times the earthly school-building and his pupils have been entirely dim dematerialized into astral or causal form, or into mere seed-ideas in the mind of the creator, and then brought forth again throughout the many "Days of Creation" - periods of manifestation which are then followed by "Nights of dissolution."

~Paramahansa Yogananda

PGES 447 and 448 hard cover version

mccoy, thanks for providing this video. i wonder what you think he is suggesting here. At first he speaks of Sirius as being a more or less permanent fixture in the sky. i had the impression that it is the star we are orbiting in a 24,000 year cycle but later on he expresses the idea that Pleiades is that star system. After listening through to the end... i wonder if he is of the opinion that we may be at opposites with Sirius in the middle, but we are traveling closer to the Pleiades as both star systems- our Sun and Alcyone are orbiting the Sirius star system.

Eric and Kelly; although you may not find time to listen to the whole presentation. i hope you can tune in at about the 20 minute marker at first.

« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2022 11:03 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2022 11:31 pm »

Steve, I'll have to listen to it again, what I remember is that, if we take an unconventional theory as a reference for the solar system velocity compared to the fixed stars, then we could include Sirius as a candidate for the dual star. I kind of missed the Pleiades piece, I'm usually listening to podcasts while driving my son around, and he sometimes will play his portable keyboard at full volume. Sometimes I just miss parts of podcasts.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2022 12:28 am »

Steve, I'll have to listen to it again, what I remember is that, if we take an unconventional theory as a reference for the solar system velocity compared to the fixed stars, then we could include Sirius as a candidate for the dual star. I kind of missed the Pleiades piece, I'm usually listening to podcasts while driving my son around, and he sometimes will play his portable keyboard at full volume. Sometimes I just miss parts of podcasts.

In my understanding he is still placing The Pleiades as the dual where Alcyone is the brightest star. Alcyone is 440 light years from us. Sirius is 8 light years. So apparently we share some motion similar to Sirius while traveling around Alcyone. It really fascinates me because if it were true it would explain so much about history and verify so many of Yogananda’s writings.
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2022 12:54 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest587
« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2022 06:04 am »

I'm equally impressed by the Woman holding the interview. It's a good video, thank you for bringing it to my attention!
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2022 07:47 am »

I'm equally impressed by the Woman holding the interview. It's a good video, thank you for bringing it to my attention!

She i obviously has an interest in metaphysics herself.

Walter Cruttendon~the Binary Sun

8:30 marker for Astrology enthusiasts. Shortly there after mention of Sri Yukteswar and also the ‘holes’ in the scientific views of Copernicus and Newton’s theories regarding the use of the wobble of the earth.

18:55 marker. “The current theory has a lot of holes in it.”
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2022 08:48 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Jun 07, 2022 09:08 am »

Just as an aside, Walter Cruttenden is a wealthy SRF devotee, whose field is finance, with an interest in astronomy so he decided to fund the binary research institute, hiring researchers to collect clues about the existence of the sun dual and expand SY's theory.

HE recently launched the Acorn app for micro investments

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorns_(company)
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Jun 07, 2022 09:19 am »

Yes, as he was speaking I noticed, when he swung his arm up to express a point, he was wearing an SRF bangle that Sri Yukteswar recommended.

Paramhansa Yogananda

The Astrological Bangle, was made popular by Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the Autobiography of a Yogi. Yogananda’s guru, Sri Yukteswar, created the Astrological Bangle formula based on very precise weights of three metals; pure silver, copper, and over a Troy Ounce 99.999%, of 24Kt, fine gold.
Home - Astrological Bangles
www.astrologicalbangles.com/
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2022 09:21 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Jun 07, 2022 09:40 am »

Marker 16:05 I believe I am understanding more clearly this view. Our binary star… which is Sirius and our Sun get closer and further away from the ‘sweet influences’ of the Pleiades as we go through the procession of the equinoxes…. We also get closer (with our binary star; Sirius) to the grand center (vishnunabhi) in our sector of the Galaxy, which is; the Pleiades.

In the area of Sagittarius A is the center of our whole Milky Way galaxy which is sucked into a giant black hole. It appears too early to account for other motions that may be occurring as our binary star-Sirius- and the Pleiades - which Sirius and the Sun approach and withdraw from - circle ⭕️ the Milky Way.
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2022 10:04 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: