Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

An Old Soul Epiphany

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An Old Soul Epiphany  (Read 301 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Aug 26, 2021 05:49 am »

As a teenager I remember always asking others WHY? Trying to find answers to my existence on this planet. I would seek answers by doing things like lighting candles and look into the flame 🔥 Then closing my eyes and seeing the flame still there. At first I thought many people my age must have the same questions. But soon I found out that others were not as preoccupied with such questions. I spent many lonely days on walks and finding a place where I could sit still and practice meditation as a teenager. Didn’t really take an interest in drugs and hallucinogenics as many of the young people I grew up with we’re doing. Although it was interesting as an experiment and occasional change of consciousness…I wanted to prove something or discover something on my own without fabricating states of consciousness which I had heard that for instance the Buddha had experienced.

I began to realize that I was accepting a label put on me as being odd and at times playing up to it. But later when I was able to find more people like me I realized I was quite better off then others in some ways. Most specifically because I was finding answers and becoming more confident in what I identified as being; That is; An Old Soul.
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2021 05:54 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2021 05:56 am »

That's lovely. I don't know if I am an old soul, but I definitely feel the lessons we accrue here on earth are nothing new. Sometimes I wonder if incarnating in this specific space/region means being subjected to pre-determined lessons- ones dictated by nature and influenced by cosmic rays.

It seems the drama's are all the same, and the stories mostly unimpressive. Other times it feels like such a blessing to be alive, and to experience a miraculous world and to dance with a living Spirit. Although our stories are most likely childish, or nothing new, the experience of being alive and interacting with the world is always magical. In my solitude I feel to share that joy with another. Far greater than this little self can articulate.

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2021 06:11 am »

No Eric you too are an old soul. And most everyone that has been here at this site for any length of time have that characteristic. I am mentioning it here so others will be able to identity themselves more early on and what their true purpose is here without being fooled by the social pressures around them. What is amazing is we get further sucked into the illusions of this life if we do not recognize our purpose here and what we are here for.

We continue to create new desires for ourselves in the new lives we live which propel us in a spin off direction to satisfy new desires awakened by new life experiences from this life that may not have occurred in other lives. For instance; how many lifetimes before were we exposed to huge football games or Rockin Roll concerts or people with huge sums of money and powers that were unlike most previous lives we have had? Being exposed to such grandeur can awaken a yearning to have such talents or powers ourselves which can cause a whole new cycle of birth and deaths to manifest such desires for ourselves. That is why it is good to not respond too enviously or reactively to the powers and talents of others. It can save us from a lot of suffering and experiences we may have to go through to manifest such desires. The old saying be careful of what you ask for because you just might get it holds true here. And like every other physical desire we have had … if we get it we also have to experience all the suffering and joy that goes with it.

At some point we must come to terms with the fact that all these dreams really do not give the peace and exhilaration they promise. They become like watching the same movie countless times. Soon we throw our toys away and soon we become bored by the monotony of coming back to this place over and over to manifest our desires on the screen of this movie called Our Lives.
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2021 08:28 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
SI

« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2021 08:00 am »

I think many people ask WHY, spiritual or not. Probably just about everyone. Many don't care to take it deeper.

I was odd man out too. But you and I spent teen years much differently. Much different experiences. Yet here we are.

I think it's fine to react to grandeur, just don;t let it take you from reality.

I don't get bored with old toys in fact I like old stuff.

I guess if you feel like an old soul then cool.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: