Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 12:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Choice

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Choice  (Read 1016 times)
guest88
« on: Aug 22, 2021 07:50 pm »

Ephesians 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 

This christian practice helps me when I am confronted by my brothers and sisters, radicalized by the media and psychological warfare- specifically the mask and 6 foot social distancing mandates, both of which have been challenged scientifically and proven fraudulent. My friend was physically assaulted by someone and I was recently in a confrontation with a person because they approached me aggressively and attempted to coerce me into jeopardizing my health.

In truth this practice can be applied in most cases, where fear is the motivating factor.

Steve, you were attacked by Trump supporters- and so it seems every day people are fighting one another- which may be in part due to a dependency on external stimulus.

If we are inclined to fight, we must continue to battle our selves in the pursuit of peace and right action. We know stillness brings peace, and may bring insights to a greater picture. 

Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2021 09:07 pm »

...and 6 foot social distancing mandates

I've always thought like this though. I've never liked people right up my ass when standing in line, like the post office or store. I have always tried to create space around me in those situations, why do people feel the need to crowd I'll never understand. Just to get that little bit closer, for what? Like those who insist on a foot between bumpers at stoplights.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2021 06:22 pm »

I don't think there's anything wrong with being mindful of others and their space. I think there's something wrong with enforcing non-scientific standards in the name of science and physically assaulting unsuspecting people.

My friend was kicked in her leg and called a bitch after the woman snuck up behind her and told her learn to social distance. I also strong evidence that shows mask are quite harmful- especially the way we handle them.

Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2021 04:47 am »

I don't think there's anything wrong with being mindful of others and their space. I think there's something wrong with enforcing non-scientific standards in the name of science and physically assaulting unsuspecting people.

My friend was kicked in her leg and called a bitch after the woman snuck up behind her and told her learn to social distance. I also strong evidence that shows mask are quite harmful- especially the way we handle them.

Did your friend kick back?
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2021 12:10 am »

No.
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2021 02:56 am »

No.

Was your friend standing too close to someone? Or was the other person just looking for a fight?
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2021 03:00 am by SI » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2021 04:16 am »

You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you, or in many cases even their perception of events and circumstances people encounter together, but we can change how we react to them.

Ephesians 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 

The difficulty is that what one person sees as spiritual darkness and wickedness another may see as light and truthfulness. Such are the paradoxes and dualities of the mind. Until we can get beyond mind we can be in an endless battle of ideas of right and wrong and good verses evil. People make judgements with the mind but the mind is hemmed in by its own preconceived biases. It may seem simple that there is a right and wrong. However it has been proven time and time again that what people at one time ‘think’ is right turns out to have another side that is wrong. I can give endless examples of this. But for now suffice it to say … My question is; how do we get beyond the conflict presented by values and ideas the mind creates.

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2021 06:12 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
SI

« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2021 06:32 am »

… My question is; how do we get beyond the conflict presented by values and ideas the mind creates

Plus what if we need to react instantly, do we have time to deal with those conflicts? Bruce Lee might say no.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2021 06:54 am »

… My question is; how do we get beyond the conflict presented by values and ideas the mind creates

Plus what if we need to react instantly, do we have time to deal with those conflicts? Bruce Lee might say no.

Thanks SI he lived an interesting life. Since his life was that of a warrior he did have to make quick decisions. Sometimes if we do not react immediately we miss opportunities as well. That is another lesson life presents us. Bruce Lee also had much spiritual wisdom. I believe I have missed opportunities by not recognizing circumstances needing immediate attention. Although there were people that were over zealous and Bruce Lee and General Lee could have been placed in that category. We all have our own specific lessons to learn in life.
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2021 06:59 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #9 on: Aug 25, 2021 04:33 pm »

The woman came up behind her, as they were waiting in line to purchase breakfast. So the woman approached her before launching a surprise attack. Her not fighting back surprised me- I can be rather bullish.

The question of right vs wrong has been answered by those we look up to for spiritual nourishment- I also encourage one to follow their ideal wherever it lead them- a cultivation of Faith and Intuition. We all have a part to play, a personality to experience-

The seeker after wisdom should understand the difference between intuition and man's limited faculty of intelligence. (Chapter III, God Talks With Arjuna by Paramahansa Yogananda) -- Read more: http://yogananda.com.au/pyr/pyr_intuition1.html

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:

Someone once said to a Brahmin, 'O ignorant man, you have worshipped this idol for years. Do you think it can ever answer you?' 'Yes,' said the Brahmin, 'even from this idol of stone the answer will come if your faith is real. But if you have no real faith, you will get no answer even from the God in heaven.' ...
https://wahiduddin.net/saki/saki_date.php?m=8&d=25

and

Volume VII - In an Eastern Rose Garden
THE PRESENCE OF GOD

What is really good? The answer is, there is no such thing as good or evil. There is beauty. That which is beautiful, we call good. That which is ugly compared with the beautiful, we call evil: whether it is custom, idea, thought or action. This shows that this whole phenomenon of the universe is the phenomenon of beauty. Every soul has an inclination to admire beauty, to seek for beauty, to love beauty, and to develop beauty. Even God loves beauty.

In all ages the various religions have given different standards of good and evil, calling them virtue and sin. The virtue of one nation has been the sin of another. The virtue of the latter is the sin of the former. Travel as we may through the world, or read the histories and traditions of nations as we may, we shall still find that what one calls evil, another calls good. That is why no one can succeed in making a universal standard for good and evil. The discrimination between good and evil is in man's soul. Every man can judge that for himself, because in every man is the sense of admiration of beauty. But he is not satisfied with what he does himself, he feels a discomfort, a disgust with his own efforts. There are many people who continue some weakness or some mistake, or who are intoxicated by some action which the world calls evil or which they themselves call evil, yet go on doing it. But a day comes when they also are disgusted. Then they wish for suicide. There is no more happiness for them. Happiness only lies in thinking or doing that which one considers beautiful. Such an act becomes a virtue or goodness. That goodness is beauty.

What is beauty? One sees beauty of form, and beauty without form. Beauty of thought, beauty of feeling, beauty of ideal. Not only does one see beauty in flowers and fruit trees, but one sees still greater beauty in imaginations and thoughts. One feels one could give all one's wealth or life for a beautiful thought or a beautiful dream.
Full article,
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_31.htm
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #10 on: Aug 26, 2021 03:00 am »

The woman came up behind her, as they were waiting in line to purchase breakfast. So the woman approached her before launching a surprise attack. Her not fighting back surprised me- I can be rather bullish.

The question of right vs wrong has been answered by those we look up to for spiritual nourishment- I also encourage one to follow their ideal wherever it lead them- a cultivation of Faith and Intuition. We all have a part to play, a personality to experience-

And who exactly answered your question that day that you "look up to for spiritual nourishment"? Sometimes faith and intuition is not enough. I've been in situations where neither of those were working for me.

Was your friend standing too close to someone? Or was the other person just looking for a fight?

I mean maybe your friend was crowding. I don't like that either never have.

If someone is just pissed and looking to f with somebody, then that's different. What's right or wrong then? Let them go without saying or doing anything so they can build confidence for the next person they want to f with?
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #11 on: Aug 26, 2021 04:43 am »

She made her decision, and it was right for her. Luckily for me, I wasn't there. I have been confronted and acted foolishly, plenty of times. Faith and intuition need cultivating. It's a practice, and something more. That's what it means for me. I can't assume to know what the other person was thinking or feeling after the fact- whether they were given confidence for physically assaulting a woman or whether they regretted their action. The point of this thread is to say we all have a choice. Including what we believe, how we behave and how we might be able to direct our frustrations. My friend answered my question that day by not engaging the woman. It's a lesson I'm still learning. Although if I witness something I don't like, I don't believe to demean the person responsible or cause bodily harm. Ultimately I find my self coming back to these teachings, and find my Faith ever increasing.
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #12 on: Aug 26, 2021 04:59 am »

The point of this thread is to say we all have a choice.

Your choice.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #13 on: Aug 26, 2021 05:50 am »

You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you, or in many cases even their perception of events and circumstances people encounter together, but we can change how we react to them.

The difficulty is that what one person sees as spiritual darkness and wickedness another may see as light and truthfulness. Such are the paradoxes and dualities of the mind. Until we can get beyond mind we can be in an endless battle of ideas of right and wrong and good verses evil. People make judgements with the mind but the mind is hemmed in by its own preconceived biases. It may seem simple that there is a right and wrong. However it has been proven time and time again that what people at one time ‘think’ is right turns out to have another side that is wrong. I can give endless examples of this. But for now suffice it to say … My question is; how do we get beyond the conflict presented by values and ideas the mind creates.

Thank you Steve, I agree. Choosing to change how we react is a wonderful reality. I hope Inayat Khan was able to shine a light on your last question. I think recognizing God as Living and in all his creation might be what helps us overcome those conflicts. That doesn't mean we are putting ourselves in harms way, or acting gracefully all the time. I think it means that the Love we believe in exist inside others, Guiding all of us. Although it isn't easy to recognize- when the opportunity presents it self we may try to put our differences aside and respond in accordance with our deepest belief. I think you and I try this despite our differences.

My friend who is a member here was able to see something deeper from that womans actions, and then it was over in an instant. I suppose my disbelief it what keeps it alive. Well... I have a chance to act accordingly tomorrow, with that man who approached me aggressively in the OP. We were both butting-heads. After prayer and meditation, I see a new way to handle the situation. May God heal our transgressions, and grant us strength to respond Kindly to one another.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Aug 28, 2021 03:58 am »

The point of this thread is to say we all have a choice.

Your choice.

Hey SI what can we expect from your photo collection next? Tantra yoga on a hot air mattress ? Your choice! Just don’t produce too much hot air…you could potentially float away with the rest of us.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2021 04:00 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: