Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 04:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

4th of July

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4th of July  (Read 462 times)
guest88
« on: Jul 01, 2021 10:33 pm »

One of the few nations that gives a platform to people who wish to spit upon it. Let us celebrate our Independence and recognize that this is a nation whose definition is ever-evolving. Rather than focus on what was, focus on what is. Rather than to sow the seeds of anger and fear, use your influential prowess to shape todays standards and let us be a nation who inspires others to claim their independence- to recognize the sovereign rights of all life. There are things we don't get right, no doubt, my suggestion is to say- we can shift the focus, especially those who are given a platform to represent their nation- but even those who aren't... We can create the narrative, rather than react to one that is fed to us through the super-highway of information that is our media and internet.

Brothers and Sisters, whatever your race or religion- this is a day to celebrate your freedoms and the birth of this nation as one that is striving ever-upwards towards Liberation for All.

If you can't believe that, what power do you have?
God Bless All, Life- Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness- These are our rights. This is our duty.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2021 12:32 am »

Thanks Eric I agree and let me add there is no nation like United Clones of Ameritunes where you can rely on the fact that every city you drive into will be a carbon copy of the next. You just wait to drive a few miles further to the next town and lo and behold there is another Mc Donald’s to buy some Chicken Mc Duds. Drive to the next city and you will find a Motel 6 7 or 8 just like the city before so you can rest assured. Wake up in the morning to go to the next city and sure enough another Starbucks with a long line….to quench your bored taste buds. Driving on we enter the next city and now we need some cheap paper towels because the coffee got spilled on the Walmart place mat. No problem what do I see another Dollar General where I can get cheep paper towels from China. Driving on I notice my gas is low but never fear the next town has another BP just like the last one. So I fill it up and continue my journey to the next city while seeing billboards advertising my favorite 🤩 car which once was proudly made in the US but now comes from across the sea.

Suddenly I realize it is the fourth of July and I have no sparklers or fire crackers to celebrate. But I have no trepidation because as I drive into the next city I see a Walmart from the highway and they have a fire cracker stand just like every other city in United Clones. So I drop in and get my supply and search out the VFW in the next town since I know there is one in every city I am not let down. I stop in their paved parking lot it’s getting dark now. I open up my sparklers from Walmart made in China and light one of them with my generic lighter that was shipped in from China and put on my glasses made in China so I can see the parade now going down the road I fly my little US flag 🇺🇸 that says on it -made in China- celebrating the Fourth of July here in United Clones of Ameritunes. But am I complaining? No because I can say all these things to you with no fear of going to the gallows. So I get up get in my car and drive to the next town where I see something vey unusual. A little club advertising gallows humor-stand up comedians-and I realize I was born in the right place where I can enjoy political satire with no fear of reprisal. I’m also on the right site because I can listen to Eric talk about his appreciation of this country and accept his different point of view while expressing my own without debilitating consequences.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2021 02:01 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2021 04:36 am »

I'm glad you can appreciate my views, and have created a site that allows us the freedom to express them. But you've done more than that- you've provided a wonderful service in our friendship and have even encouraged me to visit Amma here in the United States. You've helped others as well with your astrology readings and meditative practices and despite conflict have had many blessings that reach others. We are blessed by you as your influence helps shape our nation today.

Cheers Brother.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2021 05:42 pm »

Celebrating Spiritual Wisdom and Liberty with Harat Inayat Khan up to the 4th of July,
Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:
July 1st

One wishes to be admired for his clothes, his jewels, his possessions, his greatness and position, and naturally when this desire increases it makes a person blind and he loses sight of right and justice. It is natural that the desire for things that gratify vanity should have no end; it increases continually. The tendency to look at others with hatred and prejudice, to consider them inferior to oneself, and all such tendencies come from this ego. There are even cases when people spend money in order to be able to insult another. To make someone bow before him, to make him give way, to put him in a position of inferiority, to make him appear contemptible, sometimes a person will spend money. The desire for the satisfaction of vanity reaches such a point, that a person would give his life for the satisfaction of his vanity. Often someone shows generosity, not for the sake of kindness, but to satisfy his vanity. The more vanity a person has the less sympathy he has for others, for all his attention is given to his own satisfaction, and he is as blind toward others. This ego, so to speak, restricts life, because it limits a person.
   from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_14.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2021 05:44 pm »

July 2nd

It is natural to experience peace, but life in the world is not natural. Animals and birds all experience peace, but not mankind, for man is the robber of his own peace. He has made his life so artificial that he can never imagine how far he is removed from what may be called a normal, natural life for him to live. It is for this reason that we need the art of discovering peace within us; we shall not experience peace by improving outside conditions. Man has always longed for peace and he has always brought about wars. At the same time every individual says he is seeking for peace. Then where does war come from? It comes because the meaning of peace has not been fully understood. Man lives in a continual turmoil, in a restless condition, and in order to seek for peace he seeks war; if this goes on we shall not have peace till every individual begins to seek peace within himself first. What is peace? Peace is the natural condition of the soul.
   from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VI/VI_3.htm

O peace-maker, before trying to make peace throughout the world, first make peace within thyself!

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/say/gayan_alapas.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2021 05:03 pm »

July 3rd

If a person goes through his whole life most cleverly judging others, he may go on, but he will find himself to be more foolish at every step. At the end, he reaches the fullness of stupidity. But the one who tries, tests, studies and observes himself, his own attitude in life, his own outlook on life, his thought, speech, and action, who weighs and measures and teaches himself self discipline, it is that person who is able to understand another better. How rarely one sees a soul who concerns himself with himself through life, in order to know! Mostly, every soul seems to be busily occupied with the lives of others. And what do they know in the end? Nothing. If there is a kingdom of God to be found anywhere, it is within oneself.

And it is, therefore, in the knowledge of self that there lies the fulfillment of life. The knowledge of self means the knowledge of one's body, the knowledge of one's mind, the knowledge of one's spirit; the knowledge of the spirit's relation to the body and the relation of the body to the spirit; the knowledge of one's wants and needs, the knowledge of one's virtues and faults; knowing what we desire and how to attain it, what to pursue and what to renounce. And when one dives deep into this, one finds before one a world of knowledge which never ends. And it is that knowledge which gives one insight into human nature and brings one to the knowledge of the whole of creation. And in the end one attains to the knowledge of the divine Being.
   from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/I/I_IV_12.htm

Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2021 11:37 am »

4th of July

The mystic develops a wider outlook on life, and this wider outlook changes his actions. He develops a point of view that may be called a divine point of view. Then he rises to the state in which he feels that all that is done to him comes from God, and when he himself does right or wrong, he feels that he does right or wrong to God. To arrive at such a stage is true religion. There can be no better religion than this, the true religion of God on earth. This is the point of view that makes a person God-like and divine. He is resigned when badly treated, but for his own shortcomings, he will take himself to task, for all his actions are directed towards God.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_8.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: