Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 11:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The senses and the illusion of reality

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The senses and the illusion of reality  (Read 156 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Mar 19, 2021 01:35 pm »

I agree with you. Am grateful for your perspective, your reminders and for the potential. Spirit is Alive, this is a fact. Whether we are aware of the always communicating intelligence or not, seems to be where much resentment for the senses stems from. I don't disagree with you or the Masters, who tell us about the ensnaring effect of the senses and speak of our time here as a great illusion. I only wish not to treat my time here with hostility. To appreciate the fact that this planet, Mother Earth, her spirit has gifted me matter suitable to experience the varying levels of consciousness and the process which will end in my returning the body back to the lender. Still, God carries us onward.

I haven't watched the video yet, but I really appreciate it. Todays Sufi message is in direct alignment with your thoughts. You might be interested in reading more,
https://wahiduddin.net/saki/saki_date.php?m=3&d=17

The challenge we face is that our senses do not recognize reality. We often meet people who judge us incorrectly and make false accusations against us because of what they see as truth. We ourselves can be deluded by appearances and think we know by the observations our senses have made. But with further investigation, and sometimes through challenging circumstances, we may find that our senses did not leave us with the correct information. This has now also been proven in psychological forensics studies. Because of the use of current DNA evidence, many innocent people have been found guilty and put in prison only to find out later they had never committed the crime for which they were accused. Should this be construed as resentment and/or hostility with the senses or a realization of just how much we must be cautious in our acceptance of their accounts?

What some may consider resentment or hostility to the senses may be to someone else an inference from the senses that leads to the wrong conclusion. This is because we are not privy to all the known facts or have drawn the wrong conclusions from the facts we have been presented. In truth until we develop our intuition to the extent that we know quite assuredly of the true reality behind appearances it is always wise to suspend conclusions based on inconclusive evidence. Although we may find that certain people and environments work in detriment to our souls progress. In which case it may be necessary to take action based on those experiences and circumstances seeing if we can find a more suitable environment to our interests and those around us.

https://www.apa.org/action/resources/research-in-action/eyewitness

Significance
Researchers have reported that mistaken identifications are the leading cause of wrongful convictions. In a 2008 analysis of 200 convictions later overturned by DNA evidence, nearly 80 percent included at least one mistaken eyewitness. Nevertheless, eyewitness testimony is still regarded as a strong form of evidence in legal proceedings. Psychological research on this subject has both pointed out problems with relying on eyewitness evidence and suggested ways to improve its quality.

« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2021 02:57 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2021 05:38 am »

All earthly knowledge is as a cloud covering the sun.

Bowl of Saki, March 23, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:

Truth is the very self of man. Truth is the divine element in man. Truth is every soul's seeking. Therefore as soon as the clouds of illusion are scattered, that which man now begins to see is nothing but the truth which has been there all the time. He finds that the truth was never absent; it was only covered by clouds of illusion.

~~~ "Supplementary papers, Philosophy V", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: