Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 09:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Overcoming Restlessness

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 31
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Overcoming Restlessness  (Read 5059 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2012 08:00 am »

One of the best deterents to restlessness is to seek out like minded people and group meditation practice. The occult soldiers from past spiritual efforts will come forth.  It is also helpful to pray to God saying: God I cannot sit still without your help. Please help me. Every parent will help their children if they need help. Like wise our cosmic parent will help us.

Jitendra

I have experienced this restless feeling during meditation, this get up and end the meditation feeling. It is very difficult to conquer this feeling and return to the meditation, once it has started. I am wondering if there is possibly a message in this restlessness ? Seems to be, most everything else has a message or a lesson connected to it.

I noticed a restless feeling last night, there were a few stressful events, so I decided to just not deal with anything and go to sleep. Of course, sleep wasn't co- operating, and I thought ok, just relax and meditate a bit. That wasn't working either. Thoughts kept drifing in and out, no particular thoughts, just random ones... eventually I fell asleep.

So, just wondering about the possibility of " restlessness " being some kind of message. I am not thinking it means to focus or have patience, those messages are overused, lol ! So any other ideas ?

Into Blue 

I agree on the idea that restlessness is "one of the greatest enemies of a good meditation practise". I have resolved already to make 2010 my year for establishing a good meditation practise, so that I can deepen in the following years. So, if you have any strategies for overcoming restlessness, I would be very pleased to hear them, Jitendraji.

Hi Steve!
What are those ways?
Prabhat Sinha
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2012 08:11 am by steve hydonus/jitendra » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: