Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 04:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

applying the wisdom taught by jesus in todays cancel culture

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: applying the wisdom taught by jesus in todays cancel culture  (Read 256 times)
guest88
« on: Aug 19, 2020 12:29 am »

"kamikaze academics"
An Australian professor, Dr. Peter Ridd, fired by his university for telling the politically incorrect truth, has coined a term that says it all. He calls it "Kamikaze Academics."

As explained by James Delingpole, "Kamikaze Academics will comprise professors like himself willing to get themselves fired for expressing opinions which go against the standard leftist narrative – and in doing so, expose how little free speech and diversity of thought there now is in academe."

This is the practical application of the teachings of Jesus, fleshed out here in the academic world. You speak the truth and live the truth, regardless of cost or consequences. In the process, you save your integrity even if you lose your job. As a result, you become free (in the words of Jesus, "you find your life").

In contrast, if you try to save your job and preserve your reputation, refusing to question false narratives and choosing to compromise your convictions for the sake of your career, you actually "lose your life." You become a slave to the system, a slave to peer pressure, a slave to the dollar, a slave to the approval of people, a slave to expediency rather than principle.
from,
https://www.wnd.com/2020/08/overcome-cancel-culture/
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2020 12:31 am »

i like this part too,
"we are called to humility, to be peacemakers rather than troublemakers.

But we must have the mentality of spiritual revolutionaries, understanding that we are here for something greater than earthly pleasures, here for a purpose that transcends the goals of ordinary life. We are here to be witnesses, to make an eternal difference, to live lives that count, both in this age and the age to come.

As a result, we are willing to sacrifice something temporal to gain something eternal."
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2020 06:17 am »

"kamikaze academics"
An Australian professor, Dr. Peter Ridd, fired by his university for telling the politically incorrect truth, has coined a term that says it all. He calls it "Kamikaze Academics."

As explained by James Delingpole, "Kamikaze Academics will comprise professors like himself willing to get themselves fired for expressing opinions which go against the standard leftist narrative – and in doing so, expose how little free speech and diversity of thought there now is in academe."

This is the practical application of the teachings of Jesus, fleshed out here in the academic world. You speak the truth and live the truth, regardless of cost or consequences. In the process, you save your integrity even if you lose your job. As a result, you become free (in the words of Jesus, "you find your life").

In contrast, if you try to save your job and preserve your reputation, refusing to question false narratives and choosing to compromise your convictions for the sake of your career, you actually "lose your life." You become a slave to the system, a slave to peer pressure, a slave to the dollar, a slave to the approval of people, a slave to expediency rather than principle.
from,
https://www.wnd.com/2020/08/overcome-cancel-culture/

I agree to an extent Eric. What I do not understand is why you think that the current academia is leftist? I could give examples of it being far right. But would that help? No I believe you would once again think and feel that I have taken the forum in a political direction. I think the best way to approach academic views is to characterize them as either  ignorant and closed views or truthful and honest views. That way we can discuss our similarities and not try to emphasize our differences.

Recently I thought we both came to a consensus that this site has the main purpose of having spiritual insight and the passing of spiritual knowledge and information. Political concerns being much less important. That is because what is left to one person could be right to another and what is right to another person may be left to another: mostly based on the subject matter.

This is an insight I have experienced in the last few months. In today’s world I find it very important to find areas of common ground and we have an abundance of that here.  Otherwise we will continue to see this country we live in divided into two separate camps.

Do we really have a standard narrative that is motivated by leftist or rightest views or do we have two political views as polar opposites and unwilling to bend on issues? Do we really have a site based on spiritual principles or one based on political preferences? This has been my recent observations since I found there was a fall out between us before when I myself expressed political views that also started hemorrhaging our spiritual solidarity.

Interestingly enough you have brought up Jesus here. What amazes me about him and Amma as well is that they both expressed truth but when presented with political issues they were able to navigate them without spreading divisions and ideological warfare.

In the case of Jesus he was asked about paying taxes to the Roman government and replied when asked: ‘ Who is on the face of the coin to pay the Roman government ? And they answered Caesar. So Jesus said ; Render onto Caesar that which is Caesar’s and onto God what is Gods.

When Amma was asked about the current government here in the United States her response was : “No comment”. Can you imagine what would be the results if she answered the political concerns of every country she spoke in?

Similarly I found that while being at SRF and with Paramahansa Yogananda he usually had a spiritual wisdom that transcended politics and political views. How do these great ones do this without ignoring spiritual principles?  Perhaps some of the answer can be found in my experience with an American monk with Amma. I asked what he thought of the Afghan and Iraq War when it was happening. His answer; “ It is all a product of the MIND.“ It appears by that comment that the minds of all of us are so much in turmoil that we ourselves cause all the differences and antagonisms that keep the world in turmoil and without peace, justice and love.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2020 07:03 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: