Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 06:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Did Jesus go to India and Tibet?

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Jesus go to India and Tibet?  (Read 158 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jun 29, 2020 12:15 pm »

Did Jesus go to India and Tibet?

I was sitting in Hemis, in Northern India, when the abbot of the Buddhist monastery said to me “You know Jesus studied here.”

I was traveling with Robert Thurman to Ladakh to visit the region, which is like visiting Tibet (without the soldiers). I’ve been to both places, and Ladakh has perfectly preserved monasteries and gompas that were not destroyed during the “Cultural Revolution” as this portion of Tibet became India in 1949.

I thought I had misheard the monk. I said “Excuse me? Who studied here?” He clarified. “Issa. You know him as Jesus, we refer to him as Issa. This is the monastery he spent ten years at.” I thought I had misunderstood him until I did the research.

Indeed a number of people have seen the document in the library at Hemis that claims to be the history of Jesus. It was translated into Russian by a Nepalese Sherpa traveling with Notovitch (note, Notovitch did not translate the book, he didn’t read or write the language, but the Sherpa did, so claims that it was a forgery are proven false when we look at other translations of the same document.) In the 1960’s, an Indian scholar made his own translation, if you compare the two they are identical.

In this document (Notovitch’s copy can be found online at the Gutenberg project) there is the story of Issa, as he was known in Asia, as well as the story of the Jewish faith, as “told by traders along the silk route” to Buddhist monks. (I used a translation with commentary in my book “Hacking the Afterlife” where I show that a careful reading of the text points to numerous verifiable religious sects that are listed in the book that weren’t known during the time of Notovitch, but have subsequently been proven to exist.)

What makes the “Life of St. Issa” notable (there is a copy in Hemis, the original is in Lhasa, according to a scholar I asked) is that many people have seen it, examined it; it’s a traditional Tibetan text written on blocks of paper, so each story is limited to the characters that can fit on a particular page. It begins with the story of Moses (claiming that he was the son of the Pharaoh, and not someone who was found by their family) and covers the travels of Issa along the silk road, including run ins with the Jain, Hindus and Brahmins.

The “lost tribes of Israel” have been proven to have existed along the silk road (according to the PBS doc of the same name) and Issa reportedly visited, preached, spoke to the various groups along the way. His insistence that “all are created equal” that the color of a person’s skin did not dictate how they would be received in the afterlife reportedly caused his life to be in danger from Brahmin married to the caste system. Further, he winds up finally in Hemis, where he studies Buddhist texts along with the monks there.

There’s no evidence that he adopted those texts or sutras, other than the obvious connection between philosophies. However, looking at the esoteric teachings that were available to Buddhist lamas at the time (esoteric teachings that later became the “Six Yogas of Naropa” include some unusual yogas that teach a person how to “appear to be dead” rather than alive.) I’m not claiming he learned them, but if its true he spent some time studying there, he may have been aware of them.

The book then recounts his return to Jerusalem (as recounted by the same merchants who visited Hemis) and there is an alternate history to what the events of the Bible depict. The most controversial was the account of his meeting with Pilate; in the Buddhist text it is claimed that Pilate assigned a “spy” to his group of followers, and the spy reported his comment about “Render unto Caesar.” Further, it claims that comment infuriated Pilate who ordered him scourged and crucified upon hearing it (with no side trip to Herod).

It claims the Sanhedrin protested the sentence, pointing out to Pilate that by law, he could not pronounce a death sentence on a “man of the book (Torah)” but only Jewish elders could do so. Pilate reportedly throws them out and they do the ritual “washing of hands” in front of the public. (Which arguably, could not have been done by Pilate, as he was the titular head of the Roman religion - for him to perform a ritual “washing of his hands” would have been heresy, as it was a rite done by Jews and not Romans.) A pretty key detail, and there’s not motivation for Notovitch or these Buddhist scribes to invent it - since they were reporting it.

What makes sense is that when the Romans adopted the gospels as their canon, they subtly changed these scenes to reflect the waffling of Pilate,and the guilt of the Sanhedrin in order to justify their killing the leader of the new religion they adopted (and the texts they likely amended.) Either way - the “Life of St. Issa” is a fascinating read, as noted above, I compared it to the literature of the day in the book “Hacking the Afterlife.” Amazon.com: Hacking the Afterlife: Practical Advice from the Flipside eBook: Richard Martini: Kindle Store

Later, there are other accounts of this same fellow, post crucifixion making his way back to India. Those accounts include the story of Yuz Asaf “the anointed one” who was traveling with his mother “Mary of virgin birth” (who is buried in Murree Pakistan.) This fellow Yuz Asaf is buried in Srinigar, and a caste of his supposed feet (hard to imagine when that occurred) is next to his tomb and shows someone whose feet had been nailed at some point in that man’s life.

Yes, there is a body of evidence that Issa traveled to India, Kashmir and Tibet. There are reports of Yuz Asaf preaching in Persia, where a local King erected a statue to him, with the quote “I am the way and the light.” The Qu’ran mentions that Issa “survived the crucifixion and went to preach in India” - as well as mentioning Issa more often than it does Mohamed. So if that’s news, then I would suggest checking into it further.

But anyone who says that there is no evidence of his appearing in India, Kashmir or Tibet hasn’t looked at the books cited above. I include in that canon the “Gospel of Thomas” from the gnostic gospels - where Thomas claims that during his trip to India, he met with Jesus again at a wedding (years later). I’ve been to the place where Thomas landed in Kerala, India, and seen the ruins of the original church erected in his honor. While the Gospel of Thomas may appear to be fantastical, an apostle named Thomas did land in India, and did preach the story of Jesus. The Christian community of Kerala can trace their beliefs back to Thomas (even though the Catholic Church has never acknowledged their existence.) 18% of Kerala is Christian, and they don’t trace their traditions to Italy, but directly to Thomas (who claims that he met with a living Jesus after he went there to begin preaching.)
60.5K viewsView UpvotersView Sharers

Add a comment...

Richard Martini
Original Author · October 20, 2019 · 4 upvotes

From Quora.com
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2020 12:17 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com