Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 08:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Accomplishing in contrast to Being

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accomplishing in contrast to Being  (Read 230 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: May 19, 2020 04:51 am »

Often we THINK and DO more than we are able to just BE. I am using some of these ideas that have formulated in my meditation as I speak. I have noticed recently what can take me away from meditation. It has become apparent to me that accomplishment in a worldly sense can be a hindrance to meditation. People that are successful financially are rarely enlightened beings. The reason? They have too many worldly duties and accolades they have to keep up with... this can be a distraction to spiritual evolution an inner growth.

Even in the simple lives of most of us that are not the victim of many worldly duties because of worldly positions we may have risen to, or wealth we may have acquired or talents we may have been gifted by, bodies that others seek, ideas we may want to defend, a wealth of friends few have been blessed with we still have thoughts in our head that keep us away from our practice. Simple things like; taking care of animals, getting back to our exercise, practice for events, answering a friend’s request, cleaning the house, taking care of bills and the list is endless. What we must face is the mind wants us to keep active because that is what we may have trained ourselves to do throughout our life and many lives.

One of the most needed quality that human beings seek is reinforcement. That is why so few people stick with meditation and idle their lives away with a thousand other trivialities that when we are on our death bed have little relevancy to the present. Meditation may not provide the instant response of say an ice cream cone. Since many times it does not give instant gratification as a result many people devaluate it’s importance, or while seeing it’s importance are easily drawn back into worldly activities which can be a tremendous distraction to the art of meditation. This is why it is so important to be in the presence of other human beings who have already found the rewards of meditation. Those human beings who answer to our souls hunger and our need for deep love and ever new joy.

We will attract these spiritual beings in our life if our desire becomes strong enough to overcome the many worldly interests and responsibilities that most people see as important beyond all else. Often though it requires a great deal of suffering before we have had enough and finally say to ourselves; “ Is there anything else to this life but such misery. “ In a sense it is better to fall to the depths of despair than to have lived a whole life as a famous person that has everything worldly a person would want, only to realize at the end that it will all be taken away and nothing can free us if we have not already learned to let go of everything; pain, accomplishment, wealth, fame, glory, possessions, friends and family.

There is really no way to free ourselves of all this worldliness accept meditation and the spiritual wisdom and teachings of the Masters who are free of this world and are here for only one reason; to help us find the same freedom they have and are.

I recently had an experience of how it feels to see someone struggling to do something and the feeling of joy when I saw that person break free of the struggle. I suppose it was a way of seeing and feeling how a Master would feel if they were able to see us make a breakthrough when we are often so close to finding that glimpse of sunlight breaking through an endless overcast sky.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020 05:39 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020 05:32 am »

thanks steve. we're household yogi's. i often find my greatest desire is learning to love, justly, those in my life. i have never really cared to chase money or status and people find it unimpressive and my loved ones find it concerning. i still have biological and even superficial desires. and it isn't wrong to chase either of those things, especially if it is out of service for another which means lessons for the self. i think working all this out at the house hold level is an honorable path though. i was just thinking it'd be nice for us to meditate together, i need someone to help show me a way so that my leg doesn't always fall asleep.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020 05:46 am »

thanks steve. we're household yogi's. i often find my greatest desire is learning to love, justly, those in my life. i have never really cared to chase money or status and people find it unimpressive and my loved ones find it concerning. i still have biological and even superficial desires. and it isn't wrong to chase either of those things, especially if it is out of service for another which means lessons for the self. i think working all this out at the house hold level is an honorable path though. i was just thinking it'd be nice for us to meditate together, i need someone to help show me a way so that my leg doesn't always fall asleep.  Grin

Yea I have had my legs fall asleep especially by doing the lotus or half lotus during meditation. Although to be honest I do not care to sit in a chair during meditation... Paramahansa Yogananda recommended it to westerners that were not used to the yoga that people from India grow up with. In group meditation I learned that it is often important to go thru the double breathing and tense and relaxation exercises to keep the body comfortable and relaxed. If you are interested I will post some of them in the future.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020 05:48 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: