Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 08:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Mental Creation

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mental Creation  (Read 581 times)
guest88
« on: Dec 21, 2019 06:43 pm »

There is a passage in one of the sacred books relating how God created the earth and then created the heavens. What does this mean? Was heaven created after the earth? The meaning is that this creation which is around us is first impressed upon the mind, and then the mind creates its own world, its own heaven. It is the creation of mind, a higher world, yet within ourselves; and this world may be heaven, or it may be the opposite. As Omar Khayyam writes, 'Heaven is the vision of fulfilled desire, and hell the shadow of a soul on fire,' which shows that the desire is the source of heaven and its fulfillment. At the same time it is mental fire and disappointment, or worry, or anxiety, or torture that is the shadow of the soul on fire.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_17.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2022 03:51 pm »

What is man? Is not his soul divine substance? The very word man is from the Sanskrit Manu, which means mind. Man is what his mind is, what he thinks. 'As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is.' Even the future, as well as the past, is what he thinks, because he himself becomes the image of his thoughts. God created man in the image of his thoughts. If there is any self of which one can say, 'This is man', it is the mind. The three Sanskrit words Mana, Manu, Manushya show that man is his mind, is the product of his mind, and is also the controller of the activity of mind. If he does not control his mind, he is not a master but a slave. It lies with his own mind whether he shall be master, or whether he shall be slave. He is slave when he neglects to be master; he is master if he cares to be master.

Mastery lies not merely in stilling the mind, but in directing it towards whatever point we desire, in allowing it to be active as far as we wish, in using it to fulfill our purpose, in causing it to be still when we want to still it. He who has come to this has created his heaven within himself; he has no need to wait for a heaven in the hereafter, for he has produced it within his own mind now.

https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_16.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2022 06:11 pm »

What is man? Is not his soul divine substance? The very word man is from the Sanskrit Manu, which means mind. Man is what his mind is, what he thinks. 'As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is.' Even the future, as well as the past, is what he thinks, because he himself becomes the image of his thoughts. God created man in the image of his thoughts. If there is any self of which one can say, 'This is man', it is the mind. The three Sanskrit words Mana, Manu, Manushya show that man is his mind, is the product of his mind, and is also the controller of the activity of mind. If he does not control his mind, he is not a master but a slave. It lies with his own mind whether he shall be master, or whether he shall be slave. He is slave when he neglects to be master; he is master if he cares to be master.

Mastery lies not merely in stilling the mind, but in directing it towards whatever point we desire, in allowing it to be active as far as we wish, in using it to fulfill our purpose, in causing it to be still when we want to still it. He who has come to this has created his heaven within himself; he has no need to wait for a heaven in the hereafter, for he has produced it within his own mind now.

https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_16.htm

Yes, it is a relief to me when I see you speak of your psychic and spiritual interests that come mostly from your natural affinity from Sufism, nature and dreams which always have impressed me the most - apart from the political ramblings which so far have led to a distant second place in our manas mind and our more inspired ‘budhi’ wonderings as compared to an even higher chit - ananda state of being.

I agree, bigotry is rampant not just in the US but around the world and it is why I was so drawn to Sufism which teaches us tolerance and a respect of all sincere forms of worship. Sufism teaches us to recognize God in All. To think I discovered Sufism in a dream for me is Gods Grace... Salvation. Your reservations mirrors the concerns each party has about the other, it's a window of opportunity for a Seeker of Truth and it is also a repressive system keeping people stuck in 3D for being unable to recognize themselves in the other or to sense an even greater Truth. I dreamt I met Satan, who is nothing more likened to an alien teenager abusing psychic powers. I understood that energy dynamic as one that flourishes in lower realms(3D) keeping caste and slavery systems alive. It has its purpose and is not inherently "bad." It's just important to remember there's more to Life.  Smiley I let live by seeing through the unique lens that is my personality and striving towards ideals found in the Ten Sufi principles... Gurunaths declaration: Self Peace for Earth Peace. It's called, "self" mastery which is a lifelong journey. By doing, we have an effect on the people in our lives and those in our immediate environment. Sometimes, it's easy to forget these things. That's the power of Maya. Life is not without its challenges. Nature reveals the hardships and lessons reserved for personalities who incarnate here.

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2022 09:20 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest587
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2022 05:39 am »

The quote Steve has captured me saying is a discussion taking place in the members only section. It's an interesting conversation asking whether or not Identity politics are seen as a positive or negative concept. If there are any onlookers on this website, it is highly encouraged you join so we may invite you to participate in the conversation. Political discourse is a privilege members are allowed on this forum but kept locked away so as not to deter guest from polarizing views. Such is my understanding of the rules. It is quite a test to be in the likes of someone who seems so opposite of you. If Maya, also know as Mother, means this creation is an illusion then opposites are also an illusion. Hmm...
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2023 05:55 pm »

The ideal of a mystic is never to think of disagreeable things. What one does not want to happen one should not think about. A mystic erases from his mind all the disagreeable things of the past. He collects and keeps his happy experiences, and out of them, he makes a paradise. Are there not many unhappy people who keep part of the past before them, causing them pain in their heart? Past is past; it is gone. There is eternity before us.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_4.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2023 06:20 pm »

The ideal of a mystic is never to think of disagreeable things. What one does not want to happen one should not think about. A mystic erases from his mind all the disagreeable things of the past. He collects and keeps his happy experiences, and out of them, he makes a paradise. Are there not many unhappy people who keep part of the past before them, causing them pain in their heart? Past is past; it is gone. There is eternity before us.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_4.htm

Who’s going to take difference with his statement?
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest608
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2023 06:29 pm »

Who’s going to take difference with his statement?

Are you? I'm not... definitively not.  Wink

Yet, the Master speaks quite eloquently and clearly on such (or similar) issues he himself encountered, in his own autobiography:

https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/bio/Autobiography_16.htm

I always sensed suspicion from all sides, searchlights thrown on me in suspicion whether my Movement were not political, which always made my work difficult, to my great sadness.
I felt a hidden influence coming from every corner, resenting against any activity which had a sympathetic connection with the East.

Everything Oriental was regarded with suspicion. National feeling at that moment there [The West] was on the rise, which could make any international worker feel uncomfortable, and it had a paralysing influence upon my efforts.

I have always refrained from taking the side of any particular nation in my work, and have tried to keep my Movement free from any political shadows. Vast fields of political activity were laid open before me, during and after the war, in which I was quite capable of working at the time when there was a great demand for work of the kind, at the time of great upheaval in India and in the Near East. And if I hesitated to take interest in such activities, it was only that my heart was all taken by the need of a universal brotherhood in the world.

...and to finally sum things up, he wrote this:
Some directly asked me if I was a Master. It made me speechless. What could I have said, the truth or a lie? Could I have claimed, and have become one among the various false claimants, as there are so many in this world? Even I was reluctant in saying "No". If I ever said anything, I said: "My good friend, I am your friend, your brother and your servant, if you take me to be so; for it is not any claim, but service which is both my privilege and honor."
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2023 11:51 pm »

The more one evolves the more one will discover the different grades of people, just like the different keys on the piano. One is lower, another is higher. Every person has a different grade of evolution. Also, the higher you evolve the more you will find that you cannot drive everyone with the same whip. You have to speak to everyone differently, in fact in his own language. If you speak a language he does not understand, it will be gibberish to him. ...

Once when traveling I met a man of a very dense evolution, a soldier who always lived in military surroundings and who had very fixed ideas of his own. And when we were talking together and it appeared that we thought differently about something, I happened to say in order to preserve harmony, 'Well, we are brothers!' He looked at me with great anger, and said, 'Brothers! How dare you say such a thing!' I said, 'I forgot. I am your servant, Sir.' He was very pleased. I could have argued, but this would have created disharmony without reason. The foolishness of that man blazed up just like fire. I put water on it and extinguished it. I did not diminish myself. We are all servants of one another. And it pleased and satisfied him.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VI/VI_5.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #8 on: Aug 09, 2023 03:12 am »

Yet, the Master speaks quite eloquently and clearly on such (or similar) issues he himself encountered, in his own autobiography:

https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/bio/Autobiography_16.htm

I always sensed suspicion from all sides, searchlights thrown on me in suspicion whether my Movement were not political, which always made my work difficult, to my great sadness.
I felt a hidden influence coming from every corner, resenting against any activity which had a sympathetic connection with the East.

Everything Oriental was regarded with suspicion. National feeling at that moment there [The West] was on the rise, which could make any international worker feel uncomfortable, and it had a paralysing influence upon my efforts.

I have always refrained from taking the side of any particular nation in my work, and have tried to keep my Movement free from any political shadows. Vast fields of political activity were laid open before me, during and after the war, in which I was quite capable of working at the time when there was a great demand for work of the kind, at the time of great upheaval in India and in the Near East. And if I hesitated to take interest in such activities, it was only that my heart was all taken by the need of a universal brotherhood in the world.

...and to finally sum things up, he wrote this:
Some directly asked me if I was a Master. It made me speechless. What could I have said, the truth or a lie? Could I have claimed, and have become one among the various false claimants, as there are so many in this world? Even I was reluctant in saying "No". If I ever said anything, I said: "My good friend, I am your friend, your brother and your servant, if you take me to be so; for it is not any claim, but service which is both my privilege and honor."

I believe I must do a better job at refraining from politics. What do you do when you want to expand your own spiritual circles but find someone's political ideology interfering with your own belief system? I wonder how HIK dealt with this. I ask others here for their advice.

It can be hard and tricky. This morning I purchased a womans artwork and I was so moved. When I went to her profile I saw she had the LGBTQ flag and They/Them pronouns next to her picture. Advertising your political ideology like that makes me uncomfortable. I don't mind if you are homosexual, or challenge societal gender norms. Truly. But I do not align with the philosophies or feel the need to plaster my beliefs everywhere either.

I was going to invite her to this forum, but I am worried she will take offense after reading sharp contrasting views that challenge some of the things she boldly puts on as her identity.
I think people get into the pronouns and flag emojis online as a way to, "support a minority." But I really don't think it's all that inclusive, especially when you have kind and gentle souls who believe there are evil motifs in the LGBTQ movement.

Well... All I want is to experience peace and share peace. I guess I have to tear down my own inhibitions, while simultaneously build my own defense to repel the ways of the world and feel safely nestled in Gods Love and Wisdom.

Unfortunately I think a lot of the politics in identity politics are meant to disrupt spiritual evolution and deprive innocent people from natural systems. Maybe I'm wrong... But I am not ok with the transgendered movement in still developing children- and I am not ok with the sex trafficking, suicide and depression birthed from this movement. I don't need to advertise that to someone I am trying to make friends with, and I don't feel comfortable forcing views on others period. Everyone is entitled to their views, but if God allows me to influence my family or children- I will keep to the notion there are only two genders. Male or female.

And this whole chat took place because this artist has the flag and the they/them pronouns- making me reluctant to invite them here. Not because they are not welcomed- but because I have been so engrossed in politics, and I think she might feel unwelcomed for me simply existing and having such opposing views...

Yes, quite a conundrum.  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2023 01:00 am »

Thank you thisbody, yes I was asking for advice- and this is a refreshing reminder.

No, I am not confused by way of physical attraction. I do admire her art and will share it here now that I've her permission. I was just feeling hesitation because, politics have become a religion in their own. Especially identity politics. And unfortunately, this has caused much hatred to be shared among Brothers and Sisters.

But this should not stop the sincere seeker... I prayed on this in meditation last night, and had a wonderful chat with a customer this morning. A beautiful Moslem girl- she is a regular and has not really felt drawn to her parents religion... When I first met her years ago she told me she was looking for a religious path to follow. Today I asked her if she decided on a path, and she is still uncertain- I told her just being who she is, is her own religion.

We actually got into the talks of identity politics, and what to do when you have religions that teach you we are alive during the end times and that this attack on gender is a part of the, "lucifer programming." The fall from grace, the illusion, the destruction of natural systems. So many Christians in particular believe this they/them pronouns to have roots in satanic stuff.

But I told her that beneath all these ideas is a common, uniting principle. I told her I just want to live a peaceful life and share peacefully with others. She agrees. And she reminds me we are not our occupation, we are not even our religion. Maybe we are these things- but we are so much more. And I've just decided to hell with it, I don't care how you align your self so as long as you are a decent person who cares to practice kindness, then it isn't such a big deal if we have differing views.

You would think this to be common knowledge, but just wait until elections start to ramp up and the wheel starts churning again. The World Drama has a way of pulling you in. I notice the polarization is more so alive in the form of media and online participation... But I've seen the effects of this instigation in the 3D world too...

Anyways... I continue to invite others to leave their feedback and opinions. But to make a long story short- I'm good. I'm just wrapping things up at work, and am a little tired, so I hope what I'm trying to relay has its proper effect.

I also wanted to tell the girl(my customer not the artist)... That who she is- just being who she is, is important. I kind of think identity politics as misleading so many- especially the still developing children... Like telling them they are not the gender they are born into, I find it harmful and degrading... So by being who she is- and by me being who I am, I kind of see us like beacons of light in a degenerating society.

Not to toot our own horns here- she has a kind Heart and an open mind... And really I think those are some of the uniting principles that will help steer Humanity back to natural systems and Gods Love.

In fact, I think this artist has a kind heart too- even if she feels the need to proudly declare herself a trans supporter and showcase her pronouns to the world. It doesn't matter... What matters is the Heart in each and every individual... This is what I'm after, this is the real Gold. I must take it with a sense of patience and enjoyment, because I am enjoying this ride with my Beloved God... And this is All Gods. So I have already contacted the artist and extended her an invite to the GTC because some of the beings she has painted look like the beings captured by Casey Claar.

I also recognize there is nothing wrong with being of sound mind and choosing a path so different from my own- if you are an adult and want to challenge societal gender norms, have at it. Just remember we are all Gods children. And remember that maybe we are each going down a unique path and align with something others may not because there is some value to be had as a soul contract between God and the individual.

And so, I look at the spiritualportal as a beacon of light too... Why? Because when I go to GAB(which I admire for its freedom of speech) or any other social media that is not a forum- there is a hyper aggressive flood of polarizing content. It is a little too much... And it's nice to be in company of people who recognize a spiritual union with all of life and its duality. Everything has its purpose.

Ok- back to work for this guy. Cheers  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: