Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 01:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Is it harmful to move a dying insect?

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it harmful to move a dying insect?  (Read 168 times)
guest88
« on: Dec 24, 2017 08:00 am »

Weird question to some I’m sure but I recently discovered some insects indoors and moved them outside. I wonder, am I disrupting them or helping them? I discovered a lady bug this  morning which brought the greatest joy seeing her/him crawling on the fairing of a motorcycle I just happened to be sitting on inside the showroom. The little one crawled on my hand and I went outside to place her in the grass. On the way back I realized how cold it was and thought maybe she was better off indoors? Then tonight I noticed a very vibrant, green grasshopper with what looked like an injured leg in the garage. I scooped him up on the leaf and walked h to some shrub outside but once I placed him in there I realized He would have more difficulty escaping the miniature bush due and might end up being another insects meal. Should I have let it die in the garage? My dad would step on it if he saw it, he would tell me as a kid- “whenever you see something suffering put it out if its misery.”
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2019 07:12 am »

on the way out i noticed a snail, stepped right over it and thought, i wouldn't want anyone to step on this little fellow. i picked him up and watched him go back into his shell, he came out slowly to sense his new surroundings. i wasn't sure where to put him, should i move him to the grass? maybe the backyard on my aloe plant, that'll be good. can snails eat aloe? well that's where i placed him before going for a night time jog. i couldn't help but think of this thread. there have been instances where, not speaking up or taking action has caused the death of an animal and other instances where taking action also caused the death of the animal. i am never quite sure, is placing the snail in an sustainable environment actually helping him? or is removing him from his path leading him to demise? i came back to check on the snail and noticed he fell in the dirt and his shell was stuffed with it. i tried to pick some of the dirt out and ended up placing him under the tree on a leaf, i pray for this snail with the hopes that god will see his creature is well taken care of. i have rescued animals from their death but have also been the cause of it, i suppose one must rely on their intuition when it comes to interfering with an entirely different life form. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: