Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The witnesssing mind

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The witnesssing mind  (Read 193 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jul 16, 2018 12:25 pm »

I have learned to let go when people want to leave...it is a hard lesson but we must consider the blessings of life. What God gives he can also just as easily take away.

i am getting a little more comfortable with people leaving and coming into my life over the years...it is part of flowing with the currents and tides of life...watching life as an observer as you would watch your thoughts in meditation.

The more we meditate and experience people and circumstances the more we realize the comparison between lasting joys we have encountered in meditation and insubstantial life experiences.
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2018 12:35 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2018 06:57 am »

Well said Jitendra.
While it is a continual process of learning to free ones self from expectation, it can be quite liberating.
I try to remind myself not to be bothered when something doesn't go my way and sometimes fall short. I find agreement in your words, that the joys we experience not just from external substances are temporary but so are the relationships we develop. It is best to Love in all aspects to the best of one's ability, with God always in mind.
As Amma says, do not live in your past- draw from it if you must but the past is like the storage and we don't sleep in our storage. Inayat Khan says, if you are to hold on to the past hold on to all that was Good so it may serve you in your pursuit towards Perfection.
Lately I am more focused on the Now as I try to steer my mind to focus on whoever I am with in that very moment- a family member, a stranger, a coworker... Am I loving to the best of my ability in that moment? What messages might God be relaying to me through the Present? And, in my solitude, seeking God helps keep the mind on its course. Should I unwind and slip into the past, prayers and forgiveness have served me well.
Peace!!!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: