Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Advice on Transcending Beyond Awareness?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on Transcending Beyond Awareness?  (Read 491 times)
guest88
« on: Jun 27, 2018 08:30 pm »

In my efforts to meditate regularly, I find I am becoming more aware of my insecurities and my flaws as a thought arises in the mind when interacting with others in my immediate reality. Despite having this awareness, I am not always disciplined enough to rise above the entrapment of such thoughts which surely cause for a reaction to the world around me. When confronted with another or in the midst of the agitated minds, I try to breathe and focus on light in and negativity out. Perhaps the answer is more meditation? Love is the answer, yet it is difficult to remain cognizant of this fact or have the ability to Love when our own thoughts disturb the inner peace sought in meditation. Breathing is so important, focusing on the breath during these thoughts have caused me to become light headed and nearly faint- Am I doing something wrong? I do not wish to have angry, jealous, lustful, greedy, judgmental, fearful, narcissistic or guilty tendencies and it seems most every day is a Battle with myself. One sure footed approach is to make this journey less about me, Service others, yet is a bit paradoxical since I exist and in my every day interaction I am looking to fill myself with Love so I may Love others and these moments. Have you any other advice for rising above the negative aspects that intrude in our every day consciousness? I see the importance of Service, and perhaps it is the only answer. Love is the Service- Love can help us forget about ourselves, our problems. Meditation, prayer, Smiling, Breathing, Loving... Shutting down the thoughts as they occur through the Breath... Yet in my emptying process I become a bit light headed and concerned like I am doing something wrong to feel this woozy uncomfortable sensation. Am I stupefying myself in an effort to combat and shut out negativity?
Thank you for any help...
I am grateful meditation has made me aware of my problems, sooner than later- is it just a matter of continuing this way so I rid myself of unwanted energies- Transmuting awareness into practice and action.... I think it is in these things listed above, with the reality we may have these unwanted traits follow us through out our lives and impressed upon us by the agitated state of others.

Your thoughts???
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2018 06:01 am »

I know love is the answer,
I believe it to be so... thoughts of self pull this one in a wrong direction.... meditation is powerful... receding in the depths, constantly focusing on the breath
On a quest to find the almighty nothingness
Apologies for the lightheaded concerns...
With an increase in physical activity, heat index and low caloric intake- Im sure these are the reasons for this near faint feeling

All is well

Peace
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2018 08:09 am »

I know love is the answer,
I believe it to be so... thoughts of self pull this one in a wrong direction.... meditation is powerful... receding in the depths, constantly focusing on the breath
On a quest to find the almighty nothingness
Apologies for the lightheaded concerns...
With an increase in physical activity, heat index and low caloric intake- Im sure these are the reasons for this near faint feeling

All is well

Peace

This may or may not interest you. In the SRF lessons-specifically lesson 8a-Paramahansa Yogananda talks about life energy and pranayama when recharging the body battery with cosmic energy. He makes this claim about the energization exercises.... which he created and i have been practicing most my life.

These are not physical exercises. They are a spiritual technique— a form of pranayama, or life-force control. These exercises are important to your spiritual routine of meditation--Paramahansa Yogananada
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2018 08:14 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2018 05:01 am »

Thank you.
I will have to look into this and practice.

It's interesting, I am noticing more work on self that needs to be done in efforts to curb particular habits. As progress is made in one direction, another imbalanced spectrum becomes clear. I read today it may take lifetimes to conquer these things. That accomplishing just 10- overcoming 10 bad habits in one life is a big success. That what work you do here will carry over to the next phase of experience. That, for successful dissolution of negative or undesirable habits equal amounts of devotion are required. My caloric intake has spiked these last two days  Cheesy Hopefully we take the reins on this matter, convert this matter into a great energy haha ... As well, run back more and more to God in meditation...

So many idea's of self can also interfere- even if those idea's seem well intended or highly desired
The desire to attune to a higher vibration is ideal, to a complete and overpowering love
 I had a thought yesterday during a small run,

this body, these thoughts are the subject
My spirit the pupil
God, the Teacher

Where can I find these practices Steve?
Peace

Namaste.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2018 05:32 am »

The greatest contradiction is giving such attention to the Self, in hopes to break free from that which has become undesirable, that it actually takes away from recognizing the love and divinity in every moment. No doubt we must make efforts to rise above the outdated paradigms which have become comforts for our minds which can also cast a fog between us.
It is conundrum if given too much thought, but it seems practices like Yoga and meditation can break this paradox; a means to dissolve these idea's of the self and return to the breath which allows us to feel the divine presence in others and all around. Running, seems a form of preparatory meditation has helped me here as well. When we feel in tune, it is natural for these thoughts, our problems and even idea's of our existence are subdued by a steady Peace and- it seems then life is good because there is a feeling of purpose, when we are in this state interacting with others we are inclined to express that Love which is seen as a service to others-all this perhaps a natural response when tuned into Gods Love.... 

Devotion is a practice for harnessing, so we are doing more than simply recognizing these lower impulses.
Yet harvesting and harnessing awareness is just as important, which no doubt means studying these thoughts? Or is it as simple as working towards eradicating these thoughts all together - which seems contradictory to the human experience
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2018 10:14 am »

Where can I find these practices Steve?
Peace

Namaste.

http://www.yogananda-srf.org/PY_SRF_Lessons_for_Home_Study.aspx#.WzctxFX7nk8
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations: