Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 07:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Love and Service

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Love and Service  (Read 214 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: May 28, 2018 03:08 am »

Been thinking alot about the people and expression of service and love they have given in my life. It has become more and more apparent that human and spiritual worth can be measured most by the ability of human beings to give love and servce to others. It should be added that giving support to others is also a valuable spiritual contribution. We also can increase our value by raising our consciousness and lifting this planet and its vibration to a higher level.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018 03:12 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2018 02:59 am »

Namaste Brother.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2019 07:33 am »

It dawned on me this evening that we never know just how long someone is to be in our lives. In any moment circumstance can take a person away from us. This might be an easily understood concept but it is something else to practice since practice is often lost to the drowning effects of our own egocentricity. 

In our sincerest pursuits to seeking and understanding Love & Service our ego is humbled and it feels something like the nurturing warmth a parent might feel for their child. We may not be able to love someone the way we want or even to our fullest potential but if we harness the awareness that our time here is short and everyone has something to offer we can really cherish the experience and tap into that potential which is the Souls longing for Love. This perspective makes life an adventure, encounters are looked at as an exciting opportunity and/or a lesson hidden within because you are reminded "I may never get to see or be with this Life form again." Or, "I don't know how long I'll have with you, but I'll give you my Best."

For myself, this enables a tolerant approach. I don't think it's expected to have our switch turned on 24/7 but we can try and whatever happens it's all in the name of Progress, if we choose.
Respect for Life may mean saving the cockroach that snuck in your House, sharing your Food with a hungry man, it may mean tolerating the sometimes annoying house guest or accepting the cold shoulder from a Love interest. In the end you are working on living in a reality based on Love- for your own happiness, for the happiness of others.
I may not have given enough thought to this in my past, but moving forward I can make the attempt to enjoy and nurture the moments we're together and better accept the times we are not...
Concerning Steve's most recent post, sometimes distancing ones self is an act of Service and sometimes it's just that there is no reciprocity. Where I work, if I am in a strong enough mood and a customer needs some of that energy we will make an exchange but if they are in a better place it's as if I do not exist. In the end, it's all smiles because for a brief moment I got to help you feel that much better. Building blocks to your happiness, to my happiness. 

Great thread. . .  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: