Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

real power

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: real power  (Read 1053 times)
guest88
« Reply #15 on: Apr 30, 2020 08:20 am »

~In everyday life we are confronted with a thousand troubles that we are not always evolved enough to meet, and then only silence can help us. For if there is any religion, if there is any practice of religion, it is to have regard for the pleasure of God by regarding the pleasure of man. The essence of religion is to understand. And this religion we cannot live without having power over the word, without having realized the power of silence. There are so very many occasions when we repent after hurting friends, which could have been avoided if there had been control over our words. Silence is the shield of the ignorant and the protection of the wise. For the ignorant does not prove his ignorance if he keeps silent, and the wise man does not throw pearls before swine if he knows the worth of silence.

What gives power over words? What gives the power that can be attained by silence? The answer is: it is will-power which gives the control over words; it is silence which gives one the power of silence. It is restlessness when a person speaks too much. The more words are used to express an idea, the less powerful they become. It is a great pity that man so often thinks of saving pennies and never thinks of sparing words. It is like saving pebbles and throwing away pearls. An Indian poet says, 'Pearl-shell, what gives you your precious contents? Silence; for years my lips were closed.'

For a moment it is a struggle with oneself; it is controlling an impulse; but afterwards the same thing becomes a power.~
Volume IV - Mental Purification and Healing
Part III: Mental Purification
Chapter XVII
SILENCE

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IV/IV_34.htm

Continued discourse...

~There are many who do not mind if they hurt anyone as long as they think they have told the truth. They feel so justified that they do not care if the other one cries or laughs. There is, however, a difference between fact and truth. Fact is that which can be spoken of; truth is that which cannot be put into words. The claim, 'I tell the truth,' falls flat when the difference is realized between fact and truth. People discuss dogmas, beliefs, and moral principles, as they know them. But there comes a time in a man's life when he has touched truth of which he cannot speak in words; and at that time all dispute, discussion, argument ends. It is then that the man says: 'If you have done wrong or if I have done wrong, it does not matter. What I want just now is to right the wrong.' There comes a time when the continual question which arises in the active mind: what is what and which is which? comes to an end, for the answer rises from the soul and is received in silence.~
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #16 on: Sep 23, 2020 06:55 am »

Will power is important to develop so we might feel liberated within the sanctum of our minds. If we lose this, we open ourselves up to turmoil and lower vibrations. While I struggle with daily disciplines, I do not abandon hope. Even in failure the war is not lost. Every effort is the alchemical process towards anchoring a way of life. I read that if we appease every whim or fancy that we become identified with these inclinations. To say, "I'm hungry" does not define who you are. Yet, without a sufficient practice of will, one might lose themselves in the never ending identification of transitory experience. It can create a miserable and self absorbed attitude. It is good to practice, even with baby steps, an act of renunciation. This process opens our eyes to patterns and dependencies, all matter of idiosyncrasy in which we've surrendered our happiness to. It is taught to us by the masters, that true happiness comes from within. By taking the reins of our life and exerting will power, we can find who we truly are by understanding what we aren't and tap into a peace undisturbed by outside influence.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2021 09:37 pm »

I would say I am more than not, at the animal level of consciousness.

Self-control is the most necessary thing to be learned; a person may have great spirituality, illumination and piety, but in the absence of self-control this is nothing. Self-control also is the way of happiness and peace. Often we hear or read that persons of great repute in the world for their spirituality and mysticism do something that astonishes us very much, or make a quite childish mistake. It is want of self control that makes them commit a mistake, against which they themselves have spoken and written many times.

The spiritual student learns self control in three ways: by postures, by tasawwur – visualization – which is concentration, and by amal, which is the highest practice. After this there is samadhi, which is meditation and which is called by the dervishes masti; it means illumination, to halt in illumination. The difference between meditation and concentration is that concentration is done on a form, on an object, and meditation without form or object.

Repose and control of the body are taught by postures and positions. When a person has been still for some time, he will begin to move. There is no need for him to move but he moves his foot or arm, or he drums on the table with his fingers, or chews his lips, or blinks his eyes. The activity increases more and more until at last a person jumps in his sleep; when the first sleep comes, he starts and jumps. To control the activity of the body, to sit quiet in the postures and positions is the first lesson.

However, there must not be stillness only. If a person has kept his hands still for a long time and then wishes to play the piano, he will not be able to. He must make his fingers active enough to be able to play the piano well. As much stillness there is, so much activity there must be.

Sleep and do not sleep. Eat and do not eat. Walk and do not walk. Speak and do not speak. This means: if you sleep every night, sometimes do not sleep; if you eat every day, one day in seven do not eat; if you eat all month long, one or two days in the month do not eat. This gives a mastery that you cannot gain by renunciation alone. It does not mean that you should starve. The body must be given good food, fresh food, and all its needs must be satisfied. This is better than that it should always long for what it sees before it. You must give the body what it needs, but you must control its needs, and not be controlled by them.

After this comes control of the thoughts, which is the second step, control of the body coming first. Thousands of people have found that they can sit in the postures for hours but cannot keep their mind still. This has to be learned by degrees. A person cannot control his mind by willing to think of nothing; that will never be possible. First let the mind hold whatever thought interests it; any thought of love, of goodwill – whatever interests it. Check its tendency to jump from one thing to another. When you catch the mind jumping from one thing to another, bring it back and hold it. You must say: I am greater than my mind, my will is greater than my mind, and I will make my mind obey my will.

Then comes mastery of the feelings, of the heart. There must be no feeling of revenge, of unkindness, of bitterness against anyone in the heart. When such a feeling comes, one must say: this is rust coming into my heart. When all such feelings are cleared off the heart, it becomes like a mirror. A mirror without rust reflects all that is before it; then everything divine is reflected in the heart, then all inspirations, intuitions, impressions come, and what we call clairvoyance. There is no need to go after such things; they come of themselves.

After this there is only one thing more to be done: to keep from the soul all the thoughts that come from others and all the thoughts and feelings that arise within the self. Keep away even all feelings of love and goodwill whilst you are in this meditation; then, as a matter of course, come ecstasy, rapture, and peace.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_1_14.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #18 on: Dec 25, 2021 04:20 pm »

When God's divine love rises as a wave, it washes away the sins of the whole life in a moment, for law has no power to stand before love: the stream of love sweeps it away.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_3.htm

Think of the life of the great Master Jesus Christ who was the soul of religion -- one sees that from beginning to end there was nothing but love and forgiveness. The best expression of love is that love which is expressed in forgiveness. Those who came with their wrongs, errors, imperfections, before the love, that was all forgiven; there was always a stream of love which always purified.

~~~ "Religious Gatheka II, Kingship of God", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #19 on: Dec 26, 2021 09:07 pm »

I wonder do you feel much of the time you are meant to read certain quotes from him at certain times?
I often feel that when I open the SRF lessons or read something on this thread it is meant for me or others around me at the same time. I believe you do also. I have found that the more I pray, meditate and practice the presence; the more the answers and responses manifest around me.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2021 10:45 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #20 on: Dec 27, 2021 06:01 am »

Spirit is Alive. All ways speaking to us, through us.

We only need to still our minds and open our hearts.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #21 on: Dec 27, 2021 07:04 am »

A lot here to reflect on Mystic Eric.....

Then comes mastery of the feelings, of the heart. There must be no feeling of revenge, of unkindness, of bitterness against anyone in the heart. When such a feeling comes, one must say: this is rust coming into my heart. When all such feelings are cleared off the heart, it becomes like a mirror. A mirror without rust reflects all that is before it; then everything divine is reflected in the heart, then all inspirations, intuitions, impressions come, and what we call clairvoyance. There is no need to go after such things; they come of themselves.

After this there is only one thing more to be done: to keep from the soul all the thoughts that come from others and all the thoughts and feelings that arise within the self. Keep away even all feelings of love and goodwill whilst you are in this meditation; then, as a matter of course, come ecstasy, rapture, and peace.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_1_14.htm

——————————————————————————————- ————————————-  ———————-

Often the thoughts and feelings of others are like a dark cloud that hangs over my sky. At times I need to clear away dark clouds to be in the brite warmth again or in the comfort of the forest and rivers which transmit warm vibrations; unlike those that are often in the moods of others. Yet I know that even in the dark silence of the moods of others is a lesson for myself. That lesson is sometimes just to be as much as possible without conversations disciplining the tongue.

Imagining ‘rust coming into my heart’ from bad feelings towards others. And finally the heart can reflect all that comes before it. No one would hide anything... right? I’ve seen that perception in Saints I’ve met. It is like you become an open book with all the contents bare before their eyes.

« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2021 08:27 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: