Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

morning meditation

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: morning meditation  (Read 1455 times)
guest88
« Reply #15 on: Sep 16, 2018 04:05 am »

Dear ding dong,

Do you mean to say a quiet mind is contradictory in nature?

So happy to see you posting again B.

<3
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #16 on: Sep 18, 2018 01:45 pm »

Yes, I think so. That's why you have no doubt heard things like no-mind, destruction of the mind, killing the mind, etc. The mind must be completely destroyed for the Self to be realized. It can be temporarily subdued, but it inevitably rises up again after its rest (causing frustration for the yogi). A thief may become a policeman during the day and convince everyone, and at night become a criminal.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #17 on: Sep 19, 2018 07:59 am »

While I have the mind I like to think I can steer this ship as its rightful captain. That is to say, through scrutiny and discipline, cast out unwelcomed thoughts and lay anchor to the velvety silence as often as possible. This does not mean being closed minded. When the forces of the world pull on me, and they will, I will work to keep the perspective geared towards my Ideal until finally arriving to my destination. To completely surrender to the almighty may mean physical death and lifetimes of renunciation. We are limited after all. Understanding what makes me truly happy and doing whatever I can to reside there has its moments of growth and selfless service- a greater Joy than I could have imagined, so this dense life of struggle and discovery isn't all that bad. Miracles are happening in every moment. Often these beliefs are kept safe guarded, to be practiced without interference. Perhaps we let the thief rob us of our liberty when forgetting we're born in a dualistic reality. Maybe the thief is actually a great teacher in disguise?
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #18 on: Sep 19, 2018 11:21 am »

You say you can steer your ship as its rightful captain. It is the thief, the pirate, who says so. Sri Ramana Maharshi explains in "Who am I?" that the root of the mind is the "I" thought.

[Our]  mind  is  only  [a  multitude  of]  thoughts.  Of
all [the countless thoughts that are formed in our
mind], the thought ‘I’ alone is the root [base, foun
-
dation or origin]. [Therefore] what is called ‘mind’
is [in essence just this root thought] ‘I’.
What  rises  in  this  body  as  ‘I’,  that  alone  is  [our]
mind. ... Of all the thoughts that appear [or arise]
in  [our]  mind,  the  thought  ‘I’  alone  is  the  first
thought.
Only  after  this  rises  do  other  thoughts
rise. Only after the first person appears do the sec
-
ond  and  third  persons  appear;  without  the  first
person the second and third persons do not exist.

And from "Reality in forty verses":

If that first person [our mind], [which experiences
itself] as ‘I am [this] body’, exists, the second and
third  persons  will  [also  seem  to]  exist.  If,  by  our
investigating the truth of the first person, the first
person  ceases  to  exist,  the  second  and  third  per
-
sons will [also] come to an end, [and the reality of]
the first person, which [always] shines as one [the
one non-dual absolute reality, which alone remains
after the dissolution of these three false persons],
will  be  [then  discovered  to  be]  our  [true]  state,
[our real] self.
Since the thought ‘this body composed of flesh is
I’ is the one string on which [all our] various thoughts
are  attached,  if  [we]  go  within  [ourself  scrutinis-
ing] ‘who am I? what is the place [the source from
which this fundamental thought ‘I am this body’
rises]?’,  [all]  thoughts  will  disappear,  and  within
the  cave  [the  core  of  our  being]  self-knowledge
will shine spontaneously as ‘I [am] I’. This alone is
silence [the silent or motionless state of mere be
-
ing], the one [non-dual] space [of infinite conscious
-
ness],  the  sole  abode  of  [true  unlimited]  happi
-
ness.

I was just having a little fun with the idea of "quiet mind", but there is a genuine point to be made here. That is that the mind can never truly be quiet so long as it manifests as such - and the root of its manifestation is the I-thought.
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2018 11:30 am by ding dong » Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #19 on: Sep 19, 2018 10:31 pm »

It has taken me years to realize what I consider real happiness, and even that glory belongs to God. Realizing my limits, flaws and mortality which is subject to birth and death and linear time, it is a practice to undo the superficial, habitual and deteriorating activities that have only brought additional suffering.  Gurunath has allowed us to experience his stillness, for a moment. It was peaceful. I believe you're right, we can temporarily subdue mind with meditation. The peace is so Lovely. As a house hold Yogi I am finding it difficult to balance. Moving past layers of material existence I become intoxicated by the almighty, immobilized or most always crying from divine influence. The Beloved is so Beautiful....

Then there is the responsibility for work, friends and family. I am not yet initiated but am reminded of the postman from AY who asked not to move to the second phase of Kriya yoga because of the difficulty he was having in performing his task whilst on Earth. Yes, now 30 years old I feel a responsibility while I am here experiencing this realm for myself and my family. To give them the Love they have graciously given me, the Love I continually seek- God. I will always steer back to the silence, a portable paradise as quoted here from Yogananda(Thank you for the daily inspiration button). In coming to terms with my responsibilities for my happiness, it is not so much an effort as it is a Joy, where Love is the teacher and guiding force. I imagine it will take even more years to undo the damage I have committed, absorbed and was even born into, it is my path and one that makes me happy.

I like the quote from Sri Ramana and the thoughts of I and it's origin and here we are, partial truths striving for the ultimate. More and more I am believing all paths lead to the one, how we get there is just fine. Here I am learning to live in the world and keep above it, continually forced to escape my attachments and reside in an even greater Love, to the best of my ability.

My friend often prays, "It is not mine to have but yours to keep" when thinking on his existence and the Lord. More thoughts for this thread but it's time to go... To let go.  Smiley

B, I have tried visiting your meditation room the digital portal but have not seen it up and running for sometime. Do you mind sharing what happened? I'd love to sign in if you ever decide to bring it back.

Thank you for the space, wishing the family here much Love and a Blessed day.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #20 on: Sep 20, 2018 06:40 am »

More and more I am believing all paths lead to the one, how we get there is just fine.

Where else could they lead? There's nowhere else to go!

B, I have tried visiting your meditation room the digital portal but have not seen it up and running for sometime. Do you mind sharing what happened? I'd love to sign in if you ever decide to bring it back. 

That place has long been defunct. It was a fun experiment, but had some bugs, and not many people started using it. I must have missed making some money by not making it a smart-phone app, because now I meditate with a Buddhist group and they are always talking about some app they use which does the same thing. It is apparently popular. Maybe it existed before I even created my webpage, I'm not sure. And sorry, I don't know the name of that app.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #21 on: Sep 20, 2018 12:04 pm »

It has taken me years to realize what I consider real happiness, and even that glory belongs to God. Realizing my limits, flaws and mortality which is subject to birth and death and linear time, it is a practice to undo the superficial, habitual and deteriorating activities that have only brought additional suffering.  Gurunath has allowed us to experience his stillness, for a moment. It was peaceful. I believe you're right, we can temporarily subdue mind with meditation. The peace is so Lovely. As a house hold Yogi I am finding it difficult to balance. Moving past layers of material existence I become intoxicated by the almighty, immobilized or most always crying from divine influence. The Beloved is so Beautiful....

Then there is the responsibility for work, friends and family. I am not yet initiated but am reminded of the postman from AY who asked not to move to the second phase of Kriya yoga because of the difficulty he was having in performing his task whilst on Earth. Yes, now 30 years old I feel a responsibility while I am here experiencing this realm for myself and my family. To give them the Love they have graciously given me, the Love I continually seek- God. I will always steer back to the silence, a portable paradise as quoted here from Yogananda(Thank you for the daily inspiration button). In coming to terms with my responsibilities for my happiness, it is not so much an effort as it is a Joy, where Love is the teacher and guiding force. I imagine it will take even more years to undo the damage I have committed, absorbed and was even born into, it is my path and one that makes me happy.

I like the quote from Sri Ramana and the thoughts of I and it's origin and here we are, partial truths striving for the ultimate. More and more I am believing all paths lead to the one, how we get there is just fine. Here I am learning to live in the world and keep above it, continually forced to escape my attachments and reside in an even greater Love, to the best of my ability.

My friend often prays, "It is not mine to have but yours to keep" when thinking on his existence and the Lord. More thoughts for this thread but it's time to go... To let go.  Smiley

Thank you for the space, wishing the family here much Love and a Blessed day.

Yes I often have to remind myself that agitation is a choice we make in our mind. Happiness is another choice. The people around us who give happiness are yet another choice! I suppose the original thought of I was a choice as (.....) has been seemingly saying yet there is that thought of I. It is difficult to deny its existence! Even then there is the thought of denial. Only briefly have I experienced that which is beyond I. It may be important to recognize the thoughts that we entertain to create the idea and reality of ‘I’. Quite often the questions we ask are just as important or more important then the answers we appear to have.
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2018 01:11 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: Oct 16, 2018 07:11 am »

I was reading up on "Insight Meditation" yesterday and found this,

"

SUSTAINING ATTENTION -- SITTING

Time and Place

Focusing the mind on the body can be readily accomplished while sitting. You need to find a time and a place which affords you calm and freedom from disturbance. Reassuring darkness show me your hidden forest where I can set and only be with you when all else seems to have no comfort.

A quiet room with not much in it to distract the mind is ideal; a setting with light and space has a brightening and clearing effect, while a cluttered and gloomy room has just the opposite. Timing is also important, particularly as most people's days are quite structured with routines. It is not especially productive to meditate when you have something else to do, or when you're pressed for time. It's better to set aside a period -- say, in the early morning or in the evening after work -- when you can really give your full attention to the practice. Begin with fifteen minutes or so. Practice sincerely with the limitations of time and available energy, and avoid becoming mechanical about the routine. Meditation practice, supported by genuine willingness to investigate and make peace with oneself, will develop naturally in terms of duration and skill.

"
https://wahiduddin.net/meditation/insight.htm

I have an empty room with white walls and when the sun rises the light that peeps through the partial opened blinds is quite comforting. Alternatively, I've found meditating in complete darkness at 3AM to be a little scary. I've had wonderful meditations at this time though as well... So I wonder, does lighting affect our meditation?

The stillness and the darkness of nite can sometimes feel like my only friend. It is a welcome visitor when it wakens me to its solitude and takes me into its deep dark arms and presence.
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2018 09:54 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: Jul 01, 2019 12:40 pm »

Eric I think I found what you were looking for; better late then never! I do understand What you are saying about the search bar and agree! Someday we may get a chance to move on to a different format oh it will be quite a feat indeed-financially and starting with our own site. Hopefully with a better functioning format on some level. You gain something and loose something in living every day; And there are risks with any new ventures.

Hey Steve, the search function here isn't always the best, I know you've mentioned meditating in the morning somewhere and wanted to include your words in this post. When I type, "morning meditation" in the search function I get 37 pages of results. So I've got a bit of work to do where patience is concerned. Cheesy I am intrigued by this topic and find so much of what we are looking for to be relayed by the Masters...
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2019 12:50 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #24 on: Jul 01, 2019 11:51 pm »

i believe that sometimes we wake on purpose and think to ourselves we can't get back to sleep. However maybe we are not supposed to.
i believe that we have spiritual guides that actually help us wake up at nite to use this time for meditation instead of thinking constantly about sleep.

i think it is nice when we are inspired to meditate and it does not become 'mechanical' that is why it is wonderful when we wake up in the middle of the nite and can't go immediately go back to sleep to meditate. We should entertain the idea that we are often given inspiration from higher sources to practice our spiritual routine and not ignore it. i like no lite or very dim lite when i meditate. But i suppose other people may feel differently. Too much lite makes me too aware of the outer world and takes attention away from the inner world.

Dear Steve,
Thank you for resurrecting this thread. I believe you are right about spiritual guides. I think this happened in mass last night in my environment. My entire family, after discussing the lack of sleep with them, is in the same boat. We have all experienced little sleep, but believe I was awoken for a reason. To solidify my reason is direct experience- communication with an intelligent universe, an unseen but felt presence and direction that would be called guidance- a Woman today told me she too woke up at the same time I did(3 AM) and that she spent two hours meditating before going in to work. On top of this I am being followed by 1111 and other repeating numbers today that I have come to understand as the Universe trying to grab my attention. When experiencing God I am receiving chills that tell me there is something trying to communicate, RIGHT NOW.
So I better get to it. Thank you for the inspiration!
Peace my divine friend. <3 I have more to share... but after attempts to meditate!! <3 <3
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: