Spiritual Portal
Apr 18, 2024 01:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

morning meditation

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: morning meditation  (Read 1484 times)
guest88
« on: Jan 24, 2017 06:54 pm »

I was reading up on "Insight Meditation" yesterday and found this,

"

SUSTAINING ATTENTION -- SITTING

Time and Place

Focusing the mind on the body can be readily accomplished while sitting. You need to find a time and a place which affords you calm and freedom from disturbance.

A quiet room with not much in it to distract the mind is ideal; a setting with light and space has a brightening and clearing effect, while a cluttered and gloomy room has just the opposite. Timing is also important, particularly as most people's days are quite structured with routines. It is not especially productive to meditate when you have something else to do, or when you're pressed for time. It's better to set aside a period -- say, in the early morning or in the evening after work -- when you can really give your full attention to the practice. Begin with fifteen minutes or so. Practice sincerely with the limitations of time and available energy, and avoid becoming mechanical about the routine. Meditation practice, supported by genuine willingness to investigate and make peace with oneself, will develop naturally in terms of duration and skill.

"
https://wahiduddin.net/meditation/insight.htm

I have an empty room with white walls and when the sun rises the light that peeps through the partial opened blinds is quite comforting. Alternatively, I've found meditating in complete darkness at 3AM to be a little scary. I've had wonderful meditations at this time though as well... So I wonder, does lighting affect our meditation?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: