Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 06:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Do you ever wonder?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you ever wonder?  (Read 497 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Dec 14, 2016 02:13 am »

Do you ever wonder, when you think about other people, if they are thinking about you at the same time, or is it possible that you just have more sensitivity and kindness towards others?  Huh? If I really have strong thoughts towards/from someone else i will contact them eventually unless I feel or know they do not want to hear from me.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2016 02:16 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2016 10:36 pm »

it is possible in both instances. when i was more in tune and would meditate regularly i've found if someone else and i were thinking of each other i'd also have a ringing in my ear. i remember experiencing the ringing once when my friends came to hang out. as they were pulling onto my street my ear rang- i peeked out the window and was surprised to see them just arriving.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2016 10:22 pm »

I have no such problems, that is, I have no ringings nor I wonder if someone else is thinking reciprocically.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2016 04:49 am »

There is a hat you can wear which will block others thoughts from jumping your head.

https://www.amazon.com/Electro-Deflecto-Unisex-Foil-Size/dp/B01I497JAM/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1481856450&sr=8-19&keywords=tinfoil+hat

I'm not sure how well it works.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2016 04:59 am »

Osho said that is why he always wore that beanie hat. To block out all kinds of stupid thoughts. I think he was joking.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2016 02:31 pm »

Osho said that is why he always wore that beanie hat. To block out all kinds of stupid thoughts. I think he was joking.

Osho was taunting people most of the time. And most people did not realize that. I admire this peculiarity of him.
He was a master psycologist and manipulator of masses. May be he even believed what he was saying himself, at least in the beginning.
A false prophet but a masterful one indeed.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2016 03:20 pm »

I don't think of him as a false prophet, but rather as a con-man and, yes, a masterful one. A false prophet would mean that he was presenting himself as a true prophet, but he derided that notion on every occasion. He made fun of all the traditional prophets, calling them crackpots, as well as what he considered their superstitious and uneducated followers. Many think Yogananda is a false-prophet too, as you know. The term isn't terribly meaningful, really, in post-modern days. It assumes there are true prophets and that is a highly dubious notion. You are right about Osho being a joker though - he definitely was. But I find spirituality is itself something very often joke worthy. You laugh to keep from crying, I guess.

Case in point, just watch that movie on Netflix, "Holy Hell". The ballerino guru. Spirituality and guru-disciple...ism often takes on sick and disturbing forms and funny too. It is a power dynamic that is just inviting abusers and abusees to sign up. Perhaps no setup is quite so good, short of outright BDSM, for strange psychologies to coalesce.

Anyway, the real question in my mind is, "was Osho actually anything other than a con man?" We have established the fact of him being a con-man. I don't think that's up for much debate since he himself admitted it and there is ample evidence to support the notion. But IMO, many gurus are con-men, whether they realize it or not. Some, if not all, you could argue always get drunk on their own Kool-aid before serving it to others.

So what should we say? Had Osho attained those states that have been cataloged in the spiritual literature or was he just extremely well-read about them and nothing more? I am not able to say, unfortunately. But I imagine it is a subject which will arouse passions. LOL. Have at it...

Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2016 03:28 pm »

http://musicmeditate.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4522.0.html
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2016 10:46 am »

So what should we say? Had Osho attained those states that have been cataloged in the spiritual literature or was he just extremely well-read about them and nothing more? I am not able to say, unfortunately. But I imagine it is a subject which will arouse passions. LOL. Have at it...

I cannot say much since I just read a few of his books. He was a Jnana personality mainly, a wise man, maybe a Rishi in former lives. Maybe he did have some spiritual experience, but he was mainly intellectual and in a peculiarly original way as we have discussed.

My gut feeling is that at the beginning he maybe attained some of those states, then he let himself carried away by his own volcanic intellect and by the huge popularity he enjoyed. As you say, he surfed the wave of success and joked about it and maybe was the first one to be surprised about it. But then he chose not to disappoint his followers and accepted his role of 'Prophet' in a sardonic attitude.

The above is just one hypothesis and probaly only one tiny aspect of such a complex personality.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #9 on: Jun 22, 2022 11:55 am »

I cannot say much since I just read a few of his books. He was a Jnana personality mainly, a wise man, maybe a Rishi in former lives. Maybe he did have some spiritual experience, but he was mainly intellectual and in a peculiarly original way as we have discussed.

My gut feeling is that at the beginning he maybe attained some of those states, then he let himself carried away by his own volcanic intellect and by the huge popularity he enjoyed. As you say, he surfed the wave of success and joked about it and maybe was the first one to be surprised about it. But then he chose not to disappoint his followers and accepted his role of 'Prophet' in a sardonic attitude.

The above is just one hypothesis and probaly only one tiny aspect of such a complex personality.

Yes,  I find your evaluation most likely true. I also think that this is true of other people in their chosen line of success and talent. They also we’re ‘carried away by’ various forms of ‘popularity they enjoyed’. It can also happen on a smaller scale between people  and friends. The ego has unlimited aspects and expressions it can manifest. That is why I believe Paramahansa Yogananda left us with this wisdom….

When I Am Only a Dream
By Paramhansa Yogananda

Inner Culture, March 1940

I come to tell you all of Him,
And the way to encase Him in your bosom,
And of the discipline which brings His grace.
To those of you who have asked me
To guide you to my Beloved’s silently talking mind,
Or speak to you through a gentle significant glance,
Or whisper to you through my love,
Or loudly dissuade you when you stray away from Him.
But when I shall become only a memory or a mental image,
Or silently speaking voice,
When no earthly call will ever reveal
My whereabouts in unplumbed space
When no shallow entreaty or stern stentorian command
Will bring an answer from me,
I will smile in your mind when you are right,
And when you are wrong, I will weep through my eyes,
Dimly peering at you in the dark,
And weep through your eyes, perchance;
And I will whisper to you through your conscience,
And I will reason with you through your reason,
And I will love through your love.

When you are able no longer to talk to me,
Read my Whispers of Eternity.
Eternally through that I will talk to you.
Unknown I will walk by your side
And guard you with invisible arms.
And as soon as you know my Beloved
And hear His voice in silence,
You will know me again more tangibly
Than you knew me in this earth plane.
And yet when I am only a dream to you
I will come to remind you that you too are naught
But a dream of my Heavenly Beloved,
And when you know you are a dream, as I know now,
We all will be ever awake in Him.

It is important to have the guidance and discipline to help us be aware of our own ego challenges.
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2022 12:15 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: