Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 06:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Talisman

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Talisman  (Read 744 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Aug 15, 2016 05:18 am »

i wonder how many of you out there feel a connection or have experienced a connection to a Talisman. Recently mccoy mentioned to me the power of Talisman. Part of the significance of Talisman is the giving of ourselves in a moment of sharing.That is what gives it power. The act of giving. Whether it be an object or a moment of giving of ourselves that we will never forget when it comes from someone else. The talisman energy will never be forgotten by a human being and the energy in its transference of energy in the moment of giving. It brings a bond of sharing that unites two souls to a common purpose.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2016 05:35 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2016 11:25 am »

Steve, your post reminded me to the talisman Yogananda received in the AOY. It was a mysterious amulet, which then disappeared after it exercised its benign influence. Very interesting episode.

"'Mother,' he said, 'the great masters wish you to know that your stay on earth will not be long. Your next illness shall prove to be your last.'4 There was a silence, during which I felt no alarm but only a vibration of great peace. Finally he addressed me again:
"'You are to be the custodian of a certain silver amulet. I will not give it to you today; to demonstrate the truth in my words, the talisman shall materialize in your hands tomorrow as you meditate. On your deathbed, you must instruct your eldest son Ananta to keep the amulet for one year and then to hand it over to your second son. Mukunda will understand the meaning of the talisman from the great ones. He should receive it about the time he is ready to renounce all worldly hopes and start his vital search for God. When he has retained the amulet for some years, and when it has served its purpose, it shall vanish. Even if kept in the most secret spot, it shall return whence it came.'
"I proffered alms 5 to the saint, and bowed before him in great reverence. Not taking the offering, he departed with a blessing. The next evening, as I sat with folded hands in meditation, a silver amulet materialized between my palms, even as the sadhu had promised. It made itself known by a cold, smooth touch. I have jealously guarded it for more than two years, and now leave it in Ananta's keeping. Do not grieve for me, as I shall have been ushered by my great guru into the arms of the Infinite. Farewell, my child; the Cosmic Mother will protect you."
A blaze of illumination came over me with possession of the amulet; many dormant memories awakened. The talisman, round and anciently quaint, was covered with Sanskrit characters. I understood that it came from teachers of past lives, who were invisibly guiding my steps. A further significance there was, indeed; but one does not reveal fully the heart of an amulet.
How the talisman finally vanished amidst deeply unhappy circumstances of my life; and how its loss was a herald of my gain of a guru, cannot be told in this chapter.
But the small boy, thwarted in his attempts to reach the Himalayas, daily traveled far on the wings of his amulet.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2016 11:35 am »

The first talisman I was attracted to was the 3-metals astrological bangle.

that was 1981. Since then, I never came across other talisman-objecst.

Recently, Steve's Michigan plate BABAJI attracted my attention.

When Steve proposed to send me his presently unused plate, I had this odd, unexplainable feeling of connection to the object. Against all rational and logical explanations, I feel that, if I put the object inside the rear window of my car, it will bless and protect my journeys. That is admittedly a strong and irrational feeling.

My take on that is that some occurrences, as Steve says like the gifting of a particular object, related by name of belonging or blessing to a saint, plus the strong belief of an individual in the supernatural power of such objects, can empower them of an actual capability and potency to protect the individual from some negative astral influences, which invariably have an adverse outcome on the material plane.

I have a technical background in science and am presently working in fields which entail the use of logic, technical and scientific reasoning and logic.

Nevertheless, I have no difficulty in accepting the above explanations, which derive from other realms, the metaphysicl realm where physical laws do not apply.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2016 11:29 am »

The first talisman I was attracted to was the 3-metals astrological bangle.

that was 1981. Since then, I never came across other talisman-objecst.

Recently, Steve's Michigan plate BABAJI attracted my attention.

When Steve proposed to send me his presently unused plate, I had this odd, unexplainable feeling of connection to the object. Against all rational and logical explanations, I feel that, if I put the object inside the rear window of my car, it will bless and protect my journeys. That is admittedly a strong and irrational feeling.

My take on that is that some occurrences, as Steve says like the gifting of a particular object, related by name of belonging or blessing to a saint, plus the strong belief of an individual in the supernatural power of such objects, can empower them of an actual capability and potency to protect the individual from some negative astral influences, which invariably have an adverse outcome on the material plane.

I have a technical background in science and am presently working in fields which entail the use of logic, technical and scientific reasoning and logic.

Nevertheless, I have no difficulty in accepting the above explanations, which derive from other realms, the metaphysicl realm where physical laws do not apply.

Nothing has changed mccoy. i am still willing to send it to you. i understand; i also have many talisman in my life. Some of them are not just objects but actual places i associate with love and wonderful blessings.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2016 11:32 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2016 12:40 pm »

Hey Steve, take it easy, no hurry, at our age patience rules!
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2016 05:12 pm »

Hey Steve, take it easy, no hurry, at our age patience rules!

If u r patient enough u may be born in the states next time round and i will b born in Italy. Then u could get your own personalized license. Amma says that even in heaven u have to wait in queue.  Grin
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2016 12:28 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #6 on: Aug 17, 2016 06:34 pm »

mccoy that's wonderful.

the most attraction i had to an object was gifted to me in the form of a necklace. it was a sunstone held by a simple red string.

my girlfriends was a moonstone held by a blue string.

these are very special in my life. unfortunately i lost my sunstone during a move but the memory and energy imprint i carry for as long as i am.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2016 05:48 pm »

If u r patient enough u may be born in the states next time round and i will b born in Italy. Then u could get your own personalized license. Amma says that even in heaven u have to wait in queue.  Grin

The irony would be that I be so patient to wait for next incarnation, to find that the in America personalized licenses are no more legal, whereas in Italy they'd be available.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2016 02:30 am »

The irony would be that I be so patient to wait for next incarnation, to find that the in America personalized licenses are no more legal, whereas in Italy they'd be available.

O.K. mccoy i appreciate your humility on such matters. i suppose much of it is due to perception and realizing that we really have a hard time knowing how others see things.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #9 on: Jul 04, 2018 05:18 am »

Steve, your post reminded me to the talisman Yogananda received in the AOY. It was a mysterious amulet, which then disappeared after it exercised its benign influence. Very interesting episode.

"'Mother,' he said, 'the great masters wish you to know that your stay on earth will not be long. Your next illness shall prove to be your last.'4 There was a silence, during which I felt no alarm but only a vibration of great peace. Finally he addressed me again:
"'You are to be the custodian of a certain silver amulet. I will not give it to you today; to demonstrate the truth in my words, the talisman shall materialize in your hands tomorrow as you meditate. On your deathbed, you must instruct your eldest son Ananta to keep the amulet for one year and then to hand it over to your second son. Mukunda will understand the meaning of the talisman from the great ones. He should receive it about the time he is ready to renounce all worldly hopes and start his vital search for God. When he has retained the amulet for some years, and when it has served its purpose, it shall vanish. Even if kept in the most secret spot, it shall return whence it came.'
"I proffered alms 5 to the saint, and bowed before him in great reverence. Not taking the offering, he departed with a blessing. The next evening, as I sat with folded hands in meditation, a silver amulet materialized between my palms, even as the sadhu had promised. It made itself known by a cold, smooth touch. I have jealously guarded it for more than two years, and now leave it in Ananta's keeping. Do not grieve for me, as I shall have been ushered by my great guru into the arms of the Infinite. Farewell, my child; the Cosmic Mother will protect you."
A blaze of illumination came over me with possession of the amulet; many dormant memories awakened. The talisman, round and anciently quaint, was covered with Sanskrit characters. I understood that it came from teachers of past lives, who were invisibly guiding my steps. A further significance there was, indeed; but one does not reveal fully the heart of an amulet.
How the talisman finally vanished amidst deeply unhappy circumstances of my life; and how its loss was a herald of my gain of a guru, cannot be told in this chapter.
But the small boy, thwarted in his attempts to reach the Himalayas, daily traveled far on the wings of his amulet.

I too am intrigued by reading this account, which is in the early chapters of his book. If I remember correctly shortly after(possibly next chapter) they mention Yogi's understand the subtler realms and can manipulate atoms ... ? That they can use the astral to manifest and objects or items that are made manifest will eventually disappear as is the nature of an item derived from the astral realms raised to the physical.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: