Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 07:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The truth is...

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The truth is...  (Read 228 times)
ding dong

« on: Jun 22, 2016 04:12 am »

I don't know if avatars are avatars or not. I don't much care. It's not that interesting to me, really. I am only interested in being free from suffering. I do know that when thoughts subside, there seems to be a freedom from suffering. I take this to be the beingness that they talk about. The thoughts are a superimposition on this freedom which we experience also in sleep. In sleep we aren't concerned with anything whatsoever. This is because thoughts are not present. I understand meditation to be this state as well.

Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2016 06:59 am »

I don't know if avatars are avatars or not. I don't much care. It's not that interesting to me, really. I am only interested in being free from suffering. I do know that when thoughts subside, there seems to be a freedom from suffering. I take this to be the beingness that they talk about. The thoughts are a superimposition on this freedom which we experience also in sleep. In sleep we aren't concerned with anything whatsoever. This is because thoughts are not present. I understand meditation to be this state as well.

I missed something, why was the avatar thing a big deal?
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2016 10:59 pm »

Yes, it's really not necessary to adhere to the hindu concept of avatar to evolve spiritually.

The hindu philosophy actually enables you to believe to whatever you want. A rock may be your avatar like you were perhaps implying in another thread.
Whatever makes you happy but has the objective effect to improve your spiritual awareness (without damaging the bodily vessel) ihas reached its purpose.

Monism, dualism, panteism, immanentism, trascendentalism, theism, deism, gnosticism, skepticism, they are all catered for by hindu philosophy. Your personal effort is what counts. No pain no gain though. The law of increasing entropy works in the astral and spiritual planes as well.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2016 11:10 pm »

Ramana Maharshi said that his gurus was a (really big) rock, Arunachala. He said Arunachala was Siva.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: