Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Seeker

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Seeker  (Read 374 times)
ding dong

« on: Jun 07, 2016 07:59 am »

the seeker is defined by his desire to get something and fear that he won't. The irony is that he already is That.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2016 10:17 am »

the seeker is defined by his desire to get something and fear that he won't. The irony is that he already is That.

Does not everyone seek happiness? There is no fear in seeking it because we have all experienced it at one time or another. By definition fear and happiness are two different phenomena. We r leaving fear behind when we seek and find happiness.
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2016 01:57 pm »

He already is that but he does not enjoy the awareness of it. There is a world of difference. I can seek peace while I am peace but if I do not enjoy my being peace I'm ignorant and my search must focus about regaining knowledge and fight ignorance. It's a search just the same.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2016 01:21 am »

The seeking is the ignorance itself. LoL.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10, 2016 11:32 pm »

I'm not sure that identifying the state of active search with the state of ignorance is logically correct.

Although it would surely be correct to say that sometimes there is a cause-effect relationship between seeking and  ignorance, so the twain are linked. Even though absolute ignorance sometimes finds no need of seeking truth.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2016 04:07 am »

I'm not sure that identifying the state of active search with the state of ignorance is logically correct.

Although it would surely be correct to say that sometimes there is a cause-effect relationship between seeking and  ignorance, so the twain are linked. Even though absolute ignorance sometimes finds no need of seeking truth.

I would say that seeking, in any form, is nothing but the ignorance of a craving mind. A person may be seeking truth instead of money, and this desire may eventually eat itself, but it is still the thorn of desire for something yet to come. A lot of people surely have no interest in spiritual topics or capital 'T' truth but you'll find that they are looking for something in love, money, sex, or some other avenue. Quite simply, those who are truly not seeking anything find Samadhi is already there. It seems to rest underneath all of our desires and mental impressions, like a substratum.

« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2016 04:14 am by grasshopper » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2016 07:27 pm »

I would say that seeking, in any form, is nothing but the ignorance of a craving mind. A person may be seeking truth instead of money, and this desire may eventually eat itself, but it is still the thorn of desire for something yet to come. A lot of people surely have no interest in spiritual topics or capital 'T' truth but you'll find that they are looking for something in love, money, sex, or some other avenue. Quite simply, those who are truly not seeking anything find Samadhi is already there. It seems to rest underneath all of our desires and mental impressions, like a substratum.

What I 👀 here is people who claim they r not seeking and do not need to seek. However all day they r involved in endless seeking of distractions to alleviate boredom and satisfy desires. There r various riches all around us yet if we make no effort to find them we will not have or percieve them. There r various riches inside us all that r part of our true nature. Unless we make an effort to cultivate the consciousness of  them they will never b percieved. To get into an endless tug of war of semantics is futile. Call it seeking, discovery, uncovering..call it what u will. But to dispute the semantics of what word we use is a rather futile distraction. Until we are aware of something we have been told is part of our true nature what r we doing or not doing to b aware of it?

Sometimes the endless debates that surround various words and ideas gives more of a barometer of the degree of the mental obstacles people have in their spiritual life rather then an appreciation for spiritual insight. Until he is 'that' ; something is happening. Let us not squabble and b obsessed about one word that may or may not describe it as well as another word. This is like not seeing the forest through the trees.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2016 08:39 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: