Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 06:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What drew you to Paramahansa Yogananda, or to whichever Guru you follow ?

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What drew you to Paramahansa Yogananda, or to whichever Guru you follow ?  (Read 1008 times)
guest66
« on: Nov 06, 2009 11:46 am »

My story is very similar to yours, Into Blue, in that a friend introduced me to his writings. Unfortunately, she passed on before I really started to take a great interest, as I was still at that time trying to get to grips with Krishna Consciousness, as described by Prabhupada, which was her pure path. My friend was in many ways the person who led me to a spiritual path at all. It was only through her battle with cancer that I learned that if you call, He (God) will help. I attended a C of E primary school, but had found that my faith, though strong, was beginning to waver in a God who, as far as I could tell, would not directly intercede...it took a long time before I realised that whenever you see a small change in a situation where you have prayed, that is His work. Paramhansaji's teachings have shaped my life since Chris' death, really. They've helped me walk the process more than any other guru, so much so that I donated the Prabhupada books to a charity shop after a fashion. I pray that the one who led me to Paramhansaji's teachings is now at peace.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: