Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 01:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Vulnerability

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Vulnerability  (Read 1705 times)
Shannon
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2016 08:14 pm »

Ah!  This makes sense. Thank you.

By the way, your assumption about what is important to me is incorrect.  I am not at all interested in growing Yoganandaji - stopped accepting new Members well over a year ago.  Smiley

p.s. Came back to clarify; the existing community is important to me, but not growth at this time.  It cannot sustain getting much larger - have been trying to resolve various technicalities for awhile now, and am currently in limbo with it.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2016 10:12 pm by Shannon » Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2016 11:27 pm »

Good points.  Smiley
Below is a link to a TED talk on the topic of vulnerability and how being vulnerable is actually a show of strength not weakness and frailty.  It is an interesring study.  The video is about 20 minutes.  It is the framework I had in mind when thinking about this topic.  McCoy, if you warch it, I'd love to know your thoughts e.g. if it influenced you to see vulnerability any differently.

Shannon, I had to get back and look up the definition since the talk at first tended to confound me, the subject was approached not directly at first. Vulnerability, from latin vulnus= wound, in Brene Brown's talk is equated to weakness, uncertainty, fear, insecurity. I would say the show of strenght lies not in being vulnerable, it lies in not being too much concerned about your vulnerabilities.
Concern may create tension and unnatural behaviour which is eventually detrimental to achievements. I believe the bottom line in the talk is that one.

With the above premises, I can say I do have weaknesses and I nurture uncertainties but I do not much mind them, or at least try not to mind them.

My final answer to Shannon is that, in the TED talk context, recognizing a vulnerability and trying your best just the same is sure a show of strenght or at least of imperturbability.

I do not rule out conquering or controlling the vulnerabilities though, or just not aknowledging them. Mere numbing is negative, whereas reasoned evaluation and remediation if possible is positive
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2016 12:58 am »

:
Ah!  This makes sense. Thank you.

By the way, your assumption about what is important to me is incorrect.  I am not at all interested in growing Yoganandaji - stopped accepting new Members well over a year ago.  Smiley

p.s. Came back to clarify; the existing community is important to me, but not growth at this time.  It cannot sustain getting much larger - have been trying to resolve various technicalities for awhile now, and am currently in limbo with it.  Smiley

It appears somethings really do work out but not as we expect them too.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2016 04:51 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Shannon
« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2016 05:33 pm »

I am sorry Steve, I don't understand what you mean by your last comment in the context of the conversation.    Smiley  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: Feb 03, 2016 06:18 pm »

I am sorry Steve, I don't understand what you mean by your last comment in the context of the conversation.    Smiley  Huh?

There are many  ways to grow. Getting larger, expanding and more importantly spiritual growth. There is so much to learn about each other. Who would suspect we would b here talking communicating and enjoying time together hehehe not me. i hope to b grateful for these blessings. How could i ever b correct and think i know someone? I am so fascinated with u and others here....so i try... try to understand...but it takes someone like u and our friends to remind us we still have much to
understand. Will u help?
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2016 06:24 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Shannon
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2016 01:29 am »

Thanks Steve.  See, communication like this helps me to understand better, too. 

I am no expert, but it seems to me one of the main reasons we come to this beautiful planet is to understand ourselves better.  "Know thyself." It's one of the prime directives from God! To do this, we need contrast - other people; not so they can pass us their knowledge, but so we may learn who we are (and who we wish to become) for ourselves by way of contrast - through observation and comprehension.  Growth.  It has to come from deep inside - not outside.  By getting to know each other over time, we learn more about the other - but the real prize is we may see parts of ourselves we could not before. That is the beauty of relationships.  We are crystals shining God's light and love, but we are also mirrors reflecting the best and worst parts of those who observe us - and they reflect ours.  Does that make sense?  In this way, yeah - I am helping!  I help just by existing, getting out of bed each day - showing up - speaking up sometimes.  You are helping in this way, too.  That is oversimplifying, but sometimes you have to break things down to the tiniest thing to grasp what is really true and what is just window dressing.  So, when one sees relationships in this light - it isn't so much about e-mail vs the phone, or growing an internet community, or who gives  and who takes exactly what and when and why and what it all means and if it is perfectly balanced, etc.  I mean, those things are important - but it's more about the connection and vision.  If we can only connect with people who do very specific things, or who think in very specific ways, then we know we need to grow.  I suspect you are an open minded person.  I am, too.  We have that in common.  But there are oceans of differences beyond that.  If we can struggle through communication, we might grow.  As I've said before, only God can really know a person; but the rest of us can learn a lot from each other by accepting the fact that we don't know much. Lol. Also, asking questions and listening helps.  Being clear.  Okay, did any of that make sense?  Sorry it is so long - I had not the time to make it short. Finally, as I said, I am no expert.  This is where I am at currently in my thought process, all of it subject to change and/or totally erroneous.  Peace to you.  You have done a lovely thing by creating this space for people to come and share. You can be proud of it.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2016 04:04 am »

Now that's what I call communication   Cheesy

If I typed that much my fingers would fall off.

Maybe if you added bullet points it would be easier to read too  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
Shannon
« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2016 01:49 pm »

Lol SI!  Will keep that in mind next time!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: Feb 04, 2016 06:00 pm »

u

I am no expert, but it seems to me one of the main reasons we come to this beautiful planet is to understand ourselves better.  "Know thyself." It's one of the prime directives from God! To do this, we need contrast - other people; not so they can pass us their knowledge, but so we may learn who we are (and who we wish to become) for ourselves by way of contrast - through observation and comprehension.  Growth.  It has to come from deep inside - not outside.  By getting to know each other over time, we learn more about the other - but the real prize is we may see parts of ourselves we could not before. That is the beauty of relationships.  We are crystals shining God's light and love, but we are also mirrors reflecting the best and worst parts of those who observe us - and they reflect ours.  Does that make sense?  In this way, yeah - I am helping!  I help just by existing, getting out of bed each day - showing up - speaking up sometimes.  You are helping in this way, too.  That is oversimplifying, but sometimes you have to break things down to the tiniest thing to grasp what is really true and what is just window dressing.  So, when one sees relationships in this light - it isn't so much about e-mail vs the phone, or growing an internet community, or who gives  and who takes exactly what and when and why and what it all means and if it is perfectly balanced, etc.  I mean, those things are important - but it's more about the connection and vision.  If we can only connect with people who do very specific things, or who think in very specific ways, then we know we need to grow.  I suspect you are an open minded person.  I am, too.  We have that in common.  But there are oceans of differences beyond that.  If we can struggle through communication, we might grow.  As I've said before, only God can really know a person; but the rest of us can learn a lot from each other by accepting the fact that we don't know much. Lol. Also, asking questions and listening helps.  Being clear.  Okay, did any of that make sense?  Sorry it is so long - I had not the time to make it short. Finally, as I said, I am no expert.  This is where I am at currently in my thought process, all of it subject to change and/or totally erroneous.  Peace to you.  You have done a lovely thing by creating this space for people to come and share. You can be proud of it.  Smiley

Hello dear one

U have left quite a bit to ponder here. No specific questions though. Wouldnt u think that i concur with u for the most part?
The way u do things makes sense for u. I accept that. U have to allow people the ability to grow and meet others according to their own ways and time. The tragedy i have seen is this; many times i have seen important people in our lives make their transition.  Its somewhat like the song:

Every Thing I Own

You sheltered me from harm
Kept me warm, kept me warm
You gave my life to me
Set me free, set me free
The finest years I ever knew,
Were all the years I had with you

And I would give anything I own
I'd give up my life, my heart, my home
I would give everything I own,
Just to have you back again

You taught me how to love
What it's of, what it's of
You never said too much,
But still you showed the way
And I knew from watching you

Nobody else could ever know,
The part of me that can't let go

And I would give anything I own,
Just to have you back again

Is there someone you know,
Your loving them so,
But taking them all for granted?
You may lose them one day
Someone takes them away,
And they don't hear the words you long to say

I would give anything I own,
Just to have you back again;
Just to touch you once again
Songwriters: DAVID GATES

When people our gone there will b no more parting words. No more... I Love You. No more...i didnt realize how much u meant to me. No more sharing memories. No more reaching out and telling someone u cared. Only memories...... Only...... memories. Our lips will b sealed. That someone that takes us away is the greatest lover of all: GOD
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2016 06:52 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: Feb 05, 2016 06:41 pm »

I suspect you are an open minded person.  I am, too.  We have that in common.  But there are oceans of differences beyond that.  If we can struggle through communication, we might grow. 

i wonder if u would b able to elaborate on this. No doubt u are seeing much more then myself.   i have more understanding of my self and little knowledge of u. We have had many conversations on the internet over the years but none on the phone or in person.... But "oceans of differences."? Hmmm Didnt know u felt that way..... i thought there was a pond of alikeness ha ha!
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2016 07:56 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Shannon
« Reply #25 on: Feb 06, 2016 02:02 am »

Hi Steve.  Didn't mean anything profound.  Sometimes when you speak I don't understand what you are saying - or why - like the song about death and loss in this thread, for instance.  Haven't got a clue why you posted that.  Lol.  Kind of a choppy vibe coming through - pretty often, actually - but even a pond has ripples from time to time. No matter. I'm still here.      Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: Feb 06, 2016 02:24 am »

Hi Steve.  Didn't mean anything profound.  Sometimes when you speak I don't understand what you are saying - or why - like the song about death and loss in this thread, for instance.  Haven't got a clue why you posted that.  Lol.  Kind of a choppy vibe coming through - pretty often, actually - but even a pond has ripples from time to time. No matter. I'm still here.      Smiley

Is that y u say we r oceans apart? Because u do not understand my replies? I really do not see any tidawaves. R u looking for a placid sea?  Cry

i actually cried when i wrote that last reply. Do u know the poem was about his father? I do not believe most people recognize the importance of people and events in their life. U turn around and somebody u loved is gone.  i think we should b more vulnerable. I do not know what it would b like without u around. I feel similar feelings towards others here. Is that  clearer?
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2016 06:32 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: Feb 07, 2016 02:34 am »

U may also wonder about my observation of this post but i am answering the hidden messages that i see coming from it. What is behind the words. We can go only so far with our communication with others then we realize we have reached an impasses. A place in the road where it gets much more difficult to traverse. This is because we meet with the fears and the past conditioning events that happened with other people that make it difficult for them to open up any further. But that is O.K. We need to respect the difficulties that others face in regards to their personal correspondence with others and their former relationships. However it is important to recognize that every situation ... every person... every event is different then the ones we have had in the past. Often we bring our baggage with us when we meet new circumstances..

i remember Amma once telling a story of a man in a railroad car who was walking back and forth with his suitcase. He was asked why he was doing that. He explained 'Because i want to get where i need to go.' We are all like that to some extent. We put out this extra energy when all along the train is taking us to our destination; God is taking us where we need to go. We just have to trust that he is.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2016 02:39 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Shannon
« Reply #28 on: Feb 07, 2016 02:40 am »

Steve, you seem to be a highly sensitive and emotional person. Is that so?  Do you often find yourself having strong attachments towards others - people you don't really know, or in general?  If so, do you think that is because you are spiritually evolved?  I wrote 'oceans apart' because it is a vibe I get - somehow linked to communication styles. I never mentioned tidal waves. That came from elsewhere. If I were looking for a placid sea, I'd be floating in one!  Ha ha.  Outer life is messier than inner life.  Life is school.  Are you familiar with Gestalt's Prayer?  I first read it when I was a child.  Although I felt drawn to the gist, I never fully embraced it - because  it feels somehow apathetic.

I try to see people's unique beauty - truly.  Have lost friends and family and understand how we always see MORE how special each person was after they are dead.  Not just special to US, but really unique. I was trying to explain this to my husband a month or so ago.  I told him that whenever I really need to SEE people, I imagine them dead.  It's a pretty clarifying and positive habit, I think.  He thought I was being negative and morbid at the time, but I think he is starting to 'get it' a little.  He is a taurus.  Very earthy.

If you see something special in me, I thank you.  It is nice to feel recognized sometimes.  I see something special in you, too - in all people - and am still here.   Smiley

P.s. It seems we posted near the same time. I will go back and read your most recent post (above this) now.

« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2016 02:42 am by Shannon » Report Spam   Logged
Shannon
« Reply #29 on: Feb 07, 2016 02:49 am »

Ah, okay.  You needn't worry about hidden messages with me,  there aren't any.  I mean, I like to be mysterious and symbolic in poetry, but for every day interaction I try to be pretty plain and direct. I often feel you have some kind of hidden meaning in your posts, but do my best to ignore that - because chances are whatever it is I think I hear is coming from my mind, not yours.

I don't think I have any more baggage than you do! Lol. And I am fairly aware. Thanks for the reminder, though.   Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2016 02:50 am by Shannon » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: