Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Possesssions

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possesssions  (Read 499 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Dec 13, 2015 09:11 pm »

i have learned something about possessions over the years and i realize why renunciants renounce them. Because the more possessions you have the more responsibility you have. This takes away from our time for spiritual practice. Is it any wonder the answer Warren Buffet gave to why he did not have yachts and many material possessions? Instead; he lives rather simply for such a materially wealthy man. He answered ; 'Because i would have more problems.'
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2015 01:22 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2015 12:21 am »

Possessions are also cumbersome and time and money wasting.

My recent move out of my house has shown me just that. The possessions took so many cardboard boxes it seemed impossible an house could accomodate so many.

I already threw away many of 'em, I'm going to dispose of more at my return and I'm going to reduce drastically their number.

I have now an anti-hoarder syndrome. I'm going to have a minimum clothes change, no more paper books, as few things as possible.

The time approaches (Death)  when I'm going to have zero possessions. I'm looking forward to that as an exceedingly relaxing outcome.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2015 01:52 am »

Possessions are also cumbersome and time and money wasting.

My recent move out of my house has shown me just that. The possessions took so many cardboard boxes it seemed impossible an house could accomodate so many.

I already threw away many of 'em, I'm going to dispose of more at my return and I'm going to reduce drastically their number.

I have now an anti-hoarder syndrome. I'm going to have a minimum clothes change, no more paper books, as few things as possible.

The time approaches (Death)  when I'm going to have zero possessions. I'm looking forward to that as an exceedingly relaxing outcome.

yes .... Uranus; the planet of awakenings, changes and upsets is currently making its way thru the fourth house of your home. This often represents a restlessness about the home. A need to move and break with ties from the past. Psychological feelings of security are encountered. I believe this to b the basis of some of your recent changes. Uranus in the 4 r th is a classic indication of a move.

At this stage of life i want to be free to move about and b spontaneous where I live and who I am with. Too many possessions makes this very difficult. U can meet someone or want to b in places where artistic and spiritual interests r better satisfied. Too many possessions r like a noose around your neck. This is one of the reasons I chose truck driving. I can move about and easily find work.

I have found in many departments of life that quantity complicates our lives. If we can have quality with a few people and things --we can get much more accomplished.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2015 02:13 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
SpiritImage

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2016 01:58 am »

If I bring something into the house, I try to move something out. Else it would never end.
Report Spam   Logged
Shannon
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2016 02:28 am »

I used to have a much stronger attachments to material possessions - not regular things like goods for comfort, but emotional things like letters, objects people had given me but who had since died, etc.  When I moved to France, I had to let go of a housefull of objects.  40 boxes of books!  All my kitchen gadgets (I love to cook).  Almost all the furniture, the car, the home itself.  I threw out a box of letters that was the entire correspondence between a childhood friend and I over ten years.  Handwritten letters - on paper, with postage no less!  It was like a time capsul.  Family photo albums, journals.  I let it all go.  It was ... liberating.  I kept just enough, I think.  for instance, I could not part with an antique highchair in which every baby in my family has sat in since 6 generations.  That highchair traveled across the USA in an actual wagon train during the piomeer days. It was the one thing my great grandmother left specifically for me, and she made a point to say that it must never be stripped, sanded or refinished.  She was my most favorite person through all my formative years, and I hers.  Why not strip it?  Because I was the last person to sit in it during her tenure, and the ugly black paint that covers it is a physical link between us.  That chair came from Ireland, went across the USA - back over to Europe with me, and now sits in my bedroom here in Miami.  What was I saying about being less attached?  Lol!
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2016 09:27 am »

... What was I saying about being less attached?  Lol!

Objectively, more than attachment that sounds more like the due diligence in saving an historical relic...
Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2016 09:50 am »

Yes, I would tend to agree Mccoy. It's nice to have something like that which is a link to your ancestors. There is something grounding, in a way, in having something like that. I think when the time comes that attachment falls away then maybe it doesn't matter as much. But in the meantime, I think it's nice to have relics that pay homage to those who came before you. It could even make you reflect on impermanence and the fact that before long you too will just be a memory.

Report Spam   Logged
Shannon
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2016 03:08 am »

Yes, McCoy and b, maybe you are right.  It feels right.  Now, my mother has literal boxes of artifacts from our anscestors - truly a lot of 'stuff'.  I love to visit her and go through it all.  The letters!  The photos!  Receipts from the 1800s.  I mean, people took care over the years to preserve it all - some of these people I knew and loved.  It's fascinating - for me, for my kids maybe.  But I rue the day a little when I shall inherit it all.  I don't live in large spaces, and tend to move a lot.  It might feel a burden.  Still, it would not feel right to toss it after a couple hundred years of careful upkeep. We shall see. 😀
Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2016 03:20 am »

A special relic is one thing, an archive is quite another! Lol. My dad is another one who has seen the extreme that this can be carried to. He also had boxes and boxes of stuff from my great grandfather. He had newspaper clippings that my great grandfather had made of people who he [my dad] did not even know. They were friends of my great grandad. So, my dad recently did some major cleaning out of some things which he had been reluctant to throw away. It feels like you are throwing away the people, the memories, and ultimately the love you feel for them. But there is a point where you just cannot keep it all. I'm sure you are wise enough to know the difference when the time comes. Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2016 03:33 am by b » Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2016 01:43 am »

My rule is when something comes into the house, something must go out.

Too bad the rest of the family ignores that rule.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: