Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Clone ya Clothin'

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clone ya Clothin'  (Read 907 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Oct 13, 2015 03:46 pm »

Now you can clone your clothin' with Cloneland Detergent at your local WalClone neighberhood clone market.

Hail to Walclones and Cloneland!
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2015 04:15 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016 09:34 am »

I would appreciate cloned clothes if it were done like in Mao-Tse-Tung communist China. The cloning was mandatory, but for sizes. Everyone had to don that ugly blue coveralls. No exception, not even Mao Tse Tung himself.

If there is a single thing I appreciate of that regime, that's it.

That would be a fine way to liberate ourselves of unnecessary fashion or clothing consciousness and let us concentrate more on the values of mind and spirit. Not the perishable fabric which has taken up sometimes more importance than the bopdy itself.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016 12:15 am »

Hi Mccoy,

What about the artistic expression behind fashion?

Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016 02:24 pm »

Hi Mccoy,

It would take one to the chin.

Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016 02:31 pm »

I believe in communist theory, clothing is seen as an expression of class division. People learn to distinguish one another's status by clothing cues. We see this type of thing every day. Young people know this well, too. It is cause for great anxiety when a highschooler's parents cannot afford to buy him the right brand of clothing with updated style. The flip side is being forced to wear overhauls.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016 02:33 pm by b » Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016 02:38 pm »

If clothing were standardized, we'd find new ways to distinguish between one another. Skin color, accent, teeth, hair, facial features, intelligence. The differentiating compulsion exists within man. It has to be destroyed there somehow. Each one has to do it for himself. There is no fixing the external world because it is projected out from each individual. The "world" is not separate from our individual desires and drives.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016 02:40 pm by b » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016 03:37 pm »

If clothing were standardized, we'd find new ways to distinguish between one another. Skin color, accent, teeth, hair, facial features, intelligence. The differentiating compulsion exists within man. It has to be destroyed there somehow. Each one has to do it for himself. There is no fixing the external world because it is projected out from each individual. The "world" is not separate from our individual desires and drives.

Yes. People want to change the outside world. It may b somewhat helpful at times. But all changes result in further duality. There is no permanent 'fix' in this world. i would totally agree with your assessment below;

"There is no fixing the external world because it is projected out from each individual."

Hi Mccoy,

Doesn't Eric have a point here? i mean if we r going to eliminate one form of art shouldn't we just eliminate all art?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016 07:02 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016 11:57 am »

Hi Mccoy,
Doesn't Eric have a point here? i mean if we r going to eliminate one form of art shouldn't we just eliminate all art?

I find that western society gives inordinate importance to clothing. This excess may be disguised as 'attention to artistic expression'. I do not condemn artistic expression, rather the degeneration of it into the shallow and overrated industry of fashion, which produces luxury clothings which are sometimes sold at one or many yearly salaries of workers in the developing countries.

When art is examined by greedy eyes it turns into a so called investment, in a few words an item used by very rich people to spend their excess money.

I am always careful not to don brands, the most known the worst. I'm sorry to say that but I tend to despise the industry of fashion in such a way to be attracted by the maoist extreme.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016 10:21 pm »

it seems an inevitable part of our evolution as a society for artistic expression to be categorized and industrialized for profit.

all of life is in essence an art. even the desire to dress down is a bold statement. just as you feel spite towards the fashion industry, a musician may reflect your sentiment to pop culture and what it means to be successful in today's music world.

i agree with your comment b

fashion will always be here. we're intelligent creatures that express simply by being alive. our beliefs, desires and personalities in all avenue/facets of life.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016 11:47 pm »

As we become more and more evolved as a culture there will b less and less need for self expression. This is because what a person expresses, spiritually speaking , will have more and more importance and not what they express physically speaking. U can see this in avatars and saints. They rarely if ever express the latest styles fashion or flamboyant attire. See the photo of Amma above. This is because they exemplify humility and the expression of spirit and the needs of their followers and devotees rather then their personal individuality in physical terms. Rather they express unique spiritual qualities from their being. We often see people distinguishing themselves with wealthy clothing, furniture, cars, homes and possessions etc. This usually only shows us there spiritual immaturity and that they have little concern for others who are in need and it actually shows spiritual insensitivity. Good example: Donald Trump

Amma always had us say this prayer: Om Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu ; May all beings be happy!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=om+lokah+samastah+sukhino+bhavantu&view=detail&mid=CFB96EFC5C0102CFFFF5CFB96EFC5C0102CFFFF5&FORM=VIRE
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016 01:01 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016 10:59 pm »

@ brock: the differentiating impulse.

I would rather say the opposite about fashion, that it is a way to join the herd, following the latest trends which are followed by many other people. It is not differentiation, rather belonging or desire to belong to some particular herd in the global zoo of society. 
Nothing to do with artistic expression. Fashion is seldom artistic expression, whereas it is often lucrative business.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016 02:34 am »

hi mccoy,

i understand where you're coming from. the bandwagon mentality where we learn to buy products by brand or reputation, by what's "cool". i think fashion is still considered artistic, for the designers and the consumers.

maybe we're best off naked.  Shocked Cheesy

my friend likes to make jewelry for the fun of it- to add her personality. there are others who appreciate her work and even ask if she can make them something. there's so much diversity now.

i grew up with friends in the clothing industry who will agree with your statement and mine. this is just a part of growing up in todays world. define trade.  Huh?

i do appreciate your passion though. there's much injustice in the profit driven society in which we live.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: