Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 04:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

It's all part of our consciousness.

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's all part of our consciousness.  (Read 309 times)
mccoy
Administrator

« on: Jul 23, 2015 10:33 am »

It appears that this issue has 2 different aspects:

1- If we see evil in others, the seed of evil is in us. Yogananda's aunt slapped the young Yogananda walking blissfully and unawarely naked after a bath in the Gange. Yogananda retorted: 'You see evil because the evil is in you'. In India it is told that nakedness used to be a taboo. But actually, the aunt identified such harmless nudity with sexual sin, which was not at all the case.

2- We must apply God-given discrimination. So we must recognize evil and judge the others for the following puroposes:
a- avoid the company of the one behaving evilishly, or at least be careful of his/her negative vibrations
b- avoid to behave in the same evil or unappropriate way we observed in the others.

Recognizing a negative trait does not necessarily means we posses that negative trait. That comes from my own experience. I can recognize a junkie and judge him as a junkie, but I never took any drugs in my life and if I have such mental seeds they are so far back that I cannot think about them. My discrimination tells me the junkie will lie to get his dose, that the junkie is unreliable, that the junkie needs badly help but probably I won't be able to fix it and that money given to the junkie will be used for his next dose.

Same goes for many other traits
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: