Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Challenges to Meditation

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Challenges to Meditation  (Read 1862 times)
SpiritImage

« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2015 07:33 am »

I've been thinking about this, I will ask God for help. After all, it can't hurt to ask.
Anyhow your suggestion is not going unheeded.

Just in case you misunderstood me, I meant I will ask God to send help to you.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2015 11:12 am »

I've been thinking about this, I will ask God for help. After all, it can't hurt to ask.
Anyhow your suggestion is not going unheeded.

Just in case you misunderstood me, I meant I will ask God to send help to you.

Thanks spiritimage. I knew what u meant but it is also my responsibility.  Sometimes it is good to ask and pray for understanding ourselves as well. There are many unusual experiences we have in life; some can only be explained by the mystery of past life episodes.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015 03:31 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: Jun 27, 2015 04:36 am »

My challenge: controlling thoughts, trying to concentrate. I know this is normally called restlessness, but to me it's just thoughts.

I have read that almost everyone, including those that have done this for many many years, still have this problem.

But don't u also recognize those thoughts do not have the same grip on us they had at one time. Those emotions and attachments r just not as strong anymore... there is more and more flow in life.... more and more acceptence... more and more wonder.
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015 04:39 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
SpiritImage

« Reply #18 on: Jun 27, 2015 09:05 pm »

True.

The physical practice of calmness, and that peaceful serenity you can get during meditation, seems to affect that mental grip, Bruce Lee advanced his spiritual self fantastically with his physical regimen.

Or is it the other way around, super strong will power controlling the physical body.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: Jul 01, 2015 05:30 pm »

Or is it the other way around, super strong will power controlling the physical body.

Super strong will power can control the body but may still have problems with the mind. I know that because I used to apply it. I used to force myself to hours of meditation. It dind't work. Maybe I gave up too soon, but speaking of a ten years' effort in my case brute will power did not solve the restlessness problem.
Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #20 on: Jul 01, 2015 07:37 pm »

Yes controlling the mind is most difficult. I still struggle with some anger, frustration, etc., I should be able to control it.

Why is it so difficult to control when I can plainly see it's not something I want?

Why does it come back when I have specifically decided that I don't want or need it?

We didn't create the cosmos, and we didn't ask to be created. Why then must we be hounded by the karmic wheel?
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: Jul 01, 2015 08:48 pm »

Yes controlling the mind is most difficult. I still struggle with some anger, frustration, etc., I should be able to control it.

Why is it so difficult to control when I can plainly see it's not something I want?

Why does it come back when I have specifically decided that I don't want or need it?

We didn't create the cosmos, and we didn't ask to be created. Why then must we be hounded by the karmic wheel?

Possibly the question needs to be posed in a different way. As God why did I decide to divide myself up into all these multifarious forms and to thus suffer until I dissolve every thing back into myself - where nothing exists accept me?
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
SpiritImage

« Reply #22 on: Jul 01, 2015 10:28 pm »

Possibly the question needs to be posed in a different way. As God why did I decide to divide myself up into all these multifarious forms and to thus suffer until I dissolve every thing back into myself - where nothing exists accept me?

Or, why do we get bombarded with situations that can literally drive you nuts?
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: Jul 01, 2015 11:05 pm »

One possible answer is that the ones who can master the mind are only the most evolved ones, a very small minority. All other people who are struggling to dominate the mind are accumulating karmic momentum, until the Mastering will arrive.

Since not all devotees may be willing to admit their present state of failure in this endeavour, the real number of devotees with a restless mind may be underestimated.
Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #24 on: Jul 02, 2015 01:37 am »

Yes but to be created as an image, which should also include mastering of the mind, then to fall from that only to find that the only destiny is to be back where you started, seems like, well, I dunno, if I had the power to create would I do that? May never know since I do not have that power.
Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #25 on: Jul 02, 2015 09:54 pm »

Or, why do we get bombarded with situations that can literally drive you nuts?

I just blew off some steam earlier this week and it was a big mistake.

Who was it that said we must go thru difficulties in order to advance?
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: Jul 02, 2015 11:21 pm »

Yes but to be created as an image, which should also include mastering of the mind, then to fall from that only to find that the only destiny is to be back where you started, seems like, well, I dunno, if I had the power to create would I do that? May never know since I do not have that power.

The most plausible explanation to anthropogenesis I foudn is in Yogananda's writings.

God really created us in his image, demigods, nearly perfect spiritual beings with powers we cannot imagine. But he chose to give free will to us and to all the created intelligencies. that's why he let Lucipher, his rebel lietenant, alone. And when God decided that he could not intervene against his creatures' free will, he had to accept an imperfect cosmos and the presence of a force (Maya, Satan, Evil) which is doing its best to keep us from evolving spiritually.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: Jul 02, 2015 11:24 pm »

I just blew off some steam earlier this week and it was a big mistake.

I would rather say we are entitled to blow off steam occasionally, it may be a mechanism which helps to keep our mental pressure below the safety treshold.
Until it's done in a non-violent way it' sperfectly all right.
Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #28 on: Jul 02, 2015 11:40 pm »

The most plausible explanation to anthropogenesis I foudn is in Yogananda's writings.

God really created us in his image, demigods, nearly perfect spiritual beings with powers we cannot imagine. But he chose to give free will to us and to all the created intelligencies. that's why he let Lucipher, his rebel lietenant, alone. And when God decided that he could not intervene against his creatures' free will, he had to accept an imperfect cosmos and the presence of a force (Maya, Satan, Evil) which is doing its best to keep us from evolving spiritually.

Well I dunno. The very definition of God is anything and everything is possible.

That would mean God would know the outcome of such a creation beforehand.

Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: Jul 03, 2015 06:36 pm »

SI, according to Yogananda's explanation, God created the universe to be perfect, Lucifer rebelled and made the unioverse imperfect, so God retired it.
But afterwards he thought it back, rebooted everything and let the universe be imperfect, since he chose to leave free will to the individual intelligences he created.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: