Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 04:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Experiences with Amma

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Experiences with Amma  (Read 492 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Aug 25, 2014 06:28 pm »

"All Gurus are formless. And all Gurus are one in the same. The outer forms of the Guru may appear differently to different people. But there is really is only one Guru and that Guru is the Self."

The truth of this statement became very clear to me when this happened: I saw one of Amma's devotees' He told me that Amma had said she was Yogananda. This statement somehow made me wonder about what she had said. So when I saw her I asked her: "Amma are you Yogananda? Have you been Yogananda and were you Yogananda? She replied: "Yes. Yes. Yes; Now sit down beside me." Having divine consciousness one is separate from nothing-no time and no place. There is no separation.

First I do not believe we can really understand the consciousness of an avatar. Yes Amma is treated as an avatar and she does not stop her devotees from believing she is one. Paramahansa Yogananda visited many saints and gurus after he found his guru. I have done the same both at SRF and and outside of SRF. I have heard various supernatural events surrounding her. Most notably her ability for translocation to a devotee in need and in this case a devotee that appears to have been from a past life. One devotee told me that she visited his hospital floor when he was very sick and thought he was going to die. Amma appeared to him and told him he would be O.K. and left. He had never seen Amma before and did not see her again till  months later when he saw her picture on a store front and has never stopped seeing her since. I met this man while hoping to relieve him from his seva (service) at a help counter in Toronto at 5 in the morning while Amma continued her grueling schedule of hugging thousands of devotees till the next morning about noon.

I had some spiritual experiences in the presence of Amma and so have other SRF devotees and kriyabans i have been with. Several times i was told by some of Amma's devotees to get a mantra from Amma. I told them I did not need one because I had one from my own guru. Then one day I decided to ask her for one. What surprised me is that she gave me a mantra with Yogananda's name in it. Although Amma is full of surprises.

Another time she said something in a satsang that continually passed thru my consciousness afterwards.... and like a Zen koan it opened my heart chakra. There were two interesting things about this. 1. She said: "The Guru and the disciple are one." 2. When i walked out of the auditorium the words remained with me and suddenly my heart opened in a way it had never done before. i felt as though I was disapearing and all there was.... Was this incredible love that melted this identity of who I had always thought i was. I suddenly realized what I had been looking for all my life and there was nothing I needed.. no place I had to go because everything I wanted was emanating from this extraordinary love. It was so powerful that i could not contain it. All i could do is say... i do not know what you are doing to me Amma but please do not stop. As an afterthought even though Amma made the statement the experience took place after i had left the auditorium. Which leaves one to wonder. Who is the guru? I believe that an Avatar has no separation from anything. In another experience with Amma there was this person called me that i saw in her expression of greeting 'me'.

Amma goes beyond the language barrier. i have seen how she reads our thoughts. A friend wondered why she did not use the medulla oblongata in her teachings and she chanted in his ear 'medulla' without him asking about it.

i have written much about my experiences with Amma and Yogananda here at spiritual portal. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Yogananda has done some very miraculous things in my life. To me Yogananda and Amma are one in the same.. perfect embodiments of that same consciousness in which there is no separation. Separation only exists when there is still the 'I' or ego present. With beings of this nature there is no such thing. When Amma was asked how she could do everything she does she replied; 'When I look at every one that comes to see Amma I see nothing but flowers nothing but love.'

For me-Seeing Amma is to see divine mother in flesh.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2014 05:16 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2021 05:25 am »

After all these years I still recall the experience above as my most strongest experience of love in my life. I would sacrifice anything to be in that state of consciousness on a regular basis. This is the experience that lives on in me as the greatest experience in love in my life;

Another time she said something in a satsang that continually passed thru my consciousness afterwards.... and like a Zen koan it opened my heart chakra. There were two interesting things about this. 1. She said: "The Guru and the disciple are one." 2. When i walked out of the auditorium the words remained with me and suddenly my heart opened in a way it had never done before. i felt as though I was disapearing and all there was.... Was this incredible love that melted this identity of who I had always thought i was. I suddenly realized what I had been looking for all my life and there was nothing I needed.. no place I had to go because everything I wanted was emanating from this extraordinary love. It was so powerful that i could not contain it. All i could do is say... i do not know what you are doing to me Amma but please do not stop. As an afterthought even though Amma made the statement the experience took place after i had left the auditorium. Which leaves one to wonder. Who is the guru? I believe that an Avatar has no separation from anything.
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2021 05:34 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
leaf

« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2021 09:51 pm »

For me, meeting Amma was a unique experience each time -- but one thing was the same... she seemed to know me the first time / and remembered me years later.  It was my grace to be near Amma - great spiritual magnet !  Amma resides with me in many of my days and moments.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Revostivich

« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2021 02:06 am »

For me, meeting Amma was a unique experience each time -- but one thing was the same... she seemed to know me the first time / and remembered me years later.  It was my grace to be near Amma - great spiritual magnet !  Amma resides with me in many of my days and moments.

Is this Demitri? I wonder if it’s you friend? Do you remember the time we went to see Amma and she gave us bear hugs instead of darshan? I think she gave you the spiritual name Leaf. But ya can’t fool me! It’s you Demitri come back from the dead after you barely made it off the stage after that last bear hug! I recognize a dried up old leaf anywhere. Good to see ya again Demitri!
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2021 02:09 am by Peter Revostivich » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: