Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 03:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Qur'an; Does it contain verses supporting violence?

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Qur'an; Does it contain verses supporting violence?  (Read 511 times)
Swami Peevananda

« on: Aug 21, 2014 07:24 pm »

For some reason my new profile won't let me log in, so it seems I am to play the peeve a little longer.

So, no matter what religion you analyze you will find "scandalizing" verses in their scriptures. Hinduism and Buddhism are not exempted.

Bhagavad Gita:

“The embodied soul is eternal in existence, indestructible, and infinite, only the material body is factually perishable, therefore fight O Arjuna.”
― Anonymous, The Bhagavad Gita

“The Lord said: "Time [death] I am, the destroyer of the worlds, who has come to annihilate everyone. Even without your taking part all those arrayed in the [two] opposing ranks will be slain!”

The wise grieve neither for the living nor for the dead. There was never a time when you and I and all the kings gathered here have not existed and nor will there be a time when we will cease to exist".

You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of work. You should never engage in action for the sake of reward, nor should you long for inaction. Perform work in this world, Arjuna, as a man established within himself - without selfish attachments, and alike in success and defeat.”

So, verses can be found in your pet books as well which could be taken to support the same things you abhor in other religions. Slavery, war, ruthlessness. Would you like to continue this exercise or are you ready to go beyond the superficial moralisms?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: