Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 12:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

STDs and new partners

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: STDs and new partners  (Read 347 times)
Swami Peevananda

« on: Aug 15, 2014 07:55 pm »

Have you or anyone you know ever been infected with an STD (they now call them STIs)? I read on the internet that 70% of the population is infected with herpes (there is oral herpes and genital herpes). Oral herpes is very common and produces cold sores and can be transmitted non-sexually. Luckily I have only had one sexual intercourse and I have been tested since. But if I were to sleep with someone tomorrow this could all change.

I think that I will ask my next partner to produce their latest STD papers if I intend to sleep with them. For no other reason than to make the experience free of the anxiety about it. How can anyone truly make sexuality a divine act if they are unsure of their partners STD status? Or, even worse, if the partner is concealing their infection status intentionally.

So, what are your standards when dealing with potential sex partners? Is it too much of a blow to your manhood to ask for a person to reveal their STD tests or to be tested? Could such a conversation, instead of being a cause for taking offense, not be another door to deeper intimacy between potential partners?
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2014 08:01 pm by Swami Peevananda » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2014 09:31 pm »

Have you or anyone you know ever been infected with an STD (they now call them STIs)? I read on the internet that 70% of the population is infected with herpes (there is oral herpes and genital herpes). Oral herpes is very common and produces cold sores and can be transmitted non-sexually. Luckily I have only had one sexual intercourse and I have been tested since. But if I were to sleep with someone tomorrow this could all change.

I think that I will ask my next partner to produce their latest STD papers if I intend to sleep with them. For no other reason than to make the experience free of the anxiety about it. How can anyone truly make sexuality a divine act if they are unsure of their partners STD status? Or, even worse, if the partner is concealing their infection status intentionally.

So, what are your standards when dealing with potential sex partners? Is it too much of a blow to your manhood to ask for a person to reveal their STD tests or to be tested? Could such a conversation, instead of being a cause for taking offense, not be another door to deeper intimacy between potential partners?

Agreed... i have a friend who presumably recieved genital herpes from a girl friend. It changes your sexual life! Cold sores are rather common. Doesn't surprise me that 70% of the population has herpes if you include cold sores. In any case there would be precautions in both situations that could still lead to a satisfactory sexual life... If indeed we can expect such a thing.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2014 09:47 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: