Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 04:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The cause and solution to suffering.

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The cause and solution to suffering.  (Read 927 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jun 28, 2014 05:52 pm »

It seems contradictory because you can think that as long as you have a human body, you will have human desires. It's a little tricky, like a Catch-22. It is the body which produces desires for food, sleep, and rest or just the desire to get on the computer. If one eliminates the desire for other things, these basic bodily desires seem to be the bare minimum and all a person has left. At this point, has he transcended his humanity or fallen to the lowest level of it - an apathetic state? So what I am saying is that these types of statements can be confusing.

A person can pretend to not have desires, but does that really do much good? Like Krishna says in the Gita, "What avails mere suppression?" It is easy for us to fall into a pretension of being desireless (because we are building a spiritual persona for ourselves), when really the desires have only been repressed. It seems that we can make progress this way, only by torturing ourselves to the point of realizing that desire can't really be defeated. Desire has to be fulfilled. Fulfilled desire is just another way of saying desirelessness. They are not two different things. The words make you think they are direct opposites but they in fact mean the same thing. This is the paradox of language.

God, we are told, is the true fulfillment of them. But in just being told, we are still not satisfied. So it has to become our own realization.

I may tell you about the satisfaction of a million dollars. You may quote me endlessly on that. You may live through me, and enjoy hearing about it. But it will never be like having those million dollars yourself.

As long as what we really - really really really - want is something besides God, the mind will pursue that consciously or unconsciously.

Desire can be fulfilled in various ways not always by physical means. It is an amazing experience to have a spiritual break through when this happens all desire seems to fade away. It is more of a challenge to maintain such experiences. But most of us here do not have to pretend anything. We are very aware of our desires and that awareness brings a need to somehow rise above them or engage in them. Of course we realize that through the process of satisfying such desires we only add new and unsatisfied desires. So in actuality fulfilled desire is not desirelessness; Satiation perhaps. Not desirelessness.

What I see here is someone observing the human condition and some frustration over finding a solution. It is not uncommon. What is a roadblock is to keep going on about it without a solution or the will to do something about it. I have seen this in some friends and myself. It is quite obvious that there are Masters out there who have given us a way out and the means by which to do it so we can keep on going on about the human condition or we can start at the solution and find our freedom. We already know that time is an illusion so we my as well start now. I think that is the main reason that brings us together here. We are all at different levels of discovering our liberation.

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2014 06:24 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: