Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 05:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Paramahansa Yogananda on Prayer

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paramahansa Yogananda on Prayer  (Read 401 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Oct 13, 2012 02:16 am »

"If there is any moral principle, it is this: that the whole of humanity is like one body, and any organ of that body which is hurt or troubled can indirectly cause damage to the whole body. And as the health of the whole body depends upon the health of each part, so the health of the whole humanity depends upon the health of every nation" (Pir-O-Murshid Inayat Khan).

i am grateful for global communication and am starting to see now, the realness of it all
there's so much going on, so much history of light and dark leading up to where we are now
please pray for the world and all sentient beings
to balance, spirit, and the source of all that is
many families and loved ones confused and in pain, please keep them in your hearts while you pray

it's hard to sit idly by and feel so selfish and helpless during it all... what advice would the masters have to offer us in a time like this ?

The Power of Prayer

He explained that our physical bodies and our material world we live in our condensations of invisible patterns of energy.That energy  in turn is an expression of finer blue prints of thought- the subtlest vibration- which governs all manifestations of energy and matter. The whole of vibration was first brought into being by God first in thought or idea form. Then the Divine Consciousnes willed those thought-patterns to condense into light and energy, and finally into the grosser vibrations of matter.

As human beings made in the imge of God, we are different from the lower forms of creation. We have the power to use these same powers of thought and energy. By the thoughts we habitually entertain and act upon, we create the circumstances in which our life unfolds. Scientific prayer is based on understanding of this truth, and an application of the universal forces of creation. It tunes in with God's thought-patterns of health, harmony and perfection.-and then uses will power to channel energy to manifest to help materialize those patterns.

"The Lord responds to all and works for all. Seldom do men realize how often God heeds their prayers. He is not partial to a few, but listens to anyone who approaches him trustfully. His children should have inplicit faith in the loving-kindness of their Omnipresent Father." ~ The Autobiography of a Yogi 

The human mind freed from the distrubancc of reslessness, is empowered to perform all the functions of a complicated radio mechanism- senidng as well as recieving thoughts and tuning out undesirable ones. As the power of a radio-broadcasting is regulated
by the amount of electrical current it can utilize , so the effectiveness of a human radio depends on the amount of will power possessed by each person. "

The minds of a illunined Masters who have perfectly attuned their will with God's will , can transmit the divine power to bring instantaneous healing of body, mind and spirit.

Spiritually sensitive individuals feel the suffering of others as their own. In our troubled world, where countless thousands are ravaged by war, poverty disease, anxiety, and lack of pupose in life, sympathetic men and women naturally feel a great concern for the welfare of their brothers and sisters in all nations. Such individuals often wonder, "What can I do to aleviate the worlds problems? "

Paramahansa Yogananada's answer was unequivocal: "Only spiritual consciousness - realization of God's presence in oneself and in every other being- can save the world. I see no chance without it. Begin with yourself. There is no time to waste. It is your duty to do your part to bring God's kingdom on earth."

« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2012 03:14 am by steve hydonus/jitendra » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2019 06:26 am »

Thank you Steve for the enlightening perspective offered by Yogananda.

In our pursuit for liberation, others may become drawn to our Progress and sometimes the new connections are confusing. It's important to fend off advances that cater to the gratification of (self)Ego and instead recognize those who do enter our life as a reflection of ourselves to a degree that may not be readily understood(soul, Spirit, Guidance). While new connections take time to form meaning think of it as the Lord answering one anothers prayers. It's not that the Lord doesn't answer prayers, it's that we have become accustomed to expecting answers in a particular format or that we have a barrier created from our own disagreeable attitude which blinds us to what's in front of us. I find when magnetism is strong but understanding is unclear it's best to send one healing in a private setting after praying in earnest for help. Fortify thoughts of love, kindness, healing and do away with thoughts of confusion, fear or uncertainty. Bless those who are drawn to you by envisioning them in Loving Light Transcendent. Remember your Faith in God and give the benefit of the doubt rather than form an opinion so soon. Then can we read a situation with clarity, embrace opportunity, accept even limitations and learn through experience.

Bless those in your life, you are helping each other. Envision yourself receiving Love from the Lord and then direct those vibrations to another. Have faith in God and concentrate on peace. Meditate and let go.
<3
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2019 05:13 pm »

Paramahansa Yogananada's answer was unequivocal: "Only spiritual consciousness - realization of God's presence in oneself and in every other being- can save the world. I see no chance without it. Begin with yourself. There is no time to waste. It is your duty to do your part to bring God's kingdom on earth."

My friend just returned from seeing Gurunath and he relayed something similar to me like the quote above.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2019 12:57 pm »

in star wars they say, i am one with the force and the force is with me.
lets start our day with a similar mantra...

i am one with god and god is with me.

i am one with love and love is with me.

god rewards our sincerity by validating belief through personal experience. to believe all is one is to experience beyond reason, linear reality and is equally challenging where our egos are concerned..(emotionally/soul stirring). yet above all, it is all ways rewarding...

let us honor life, all of gods creation... cleanse ourselves from attachments to the past- from worry of the future and start each day with a refreshing mantra to open ourselves up to the magic of being present.

all is god, all is love.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2020 05:18 am »

in star wars they say, i am one with the force and the force is with me.
lets start our day with a similar mantra...

i am one with love and love is with me.

let us honor life, all of gods creation... cleanse ourselves from attachments to the past- from worry of the future and start each day with a refreshing mantra to open ourselves up to the magic of being present.

all is god, all is love.

Oh omnipresent protector! when clouds of war send rains of gas and fire, be thou my bomb shelter.

In life and death, in disease, famine, or pestilence, or poverty may I ever cling to Thee. Help me to realize I am immortal Spirit, untouched  by the changes of childhood, youth, age and world upheavals.

~Paramahansa Yogananda
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2020 05:19 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: