Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 04:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What Inspires us to Meditate?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Inspires us to Meditate?  (Read 1649 times)
guest88
« Reply #15 on: Jun 21, 2019 07:06 pm »

What inspires me to meditate is seeing others who have the ability to find calm in any given moment. I am sure it is from their practice with meditation. I also meditate with the hopes of keeping myself alert, that is, from slipping into this spiritual amnesia but so far am not successful. The pull of life manages to sweep me off my feet either way. My mind has proven feeble many times. I don't think any of us are immune from the ensnaring effects of spiritual amnesia or maya. This isn't a complaint as much as it is an addition to your original post and a reaching out for help recognizing that boredom and restlessness are things we all grapple with in our pursuit for progress.
Again, I am reminded of the very real psychological battle we all face as described in GTWA by Yogananda.
It could be months or years before we wake back up and ask ourselves, what happened? There's 101 reasons/rationale greater than my own that will try to pull me away from my internal resolutions, I am learning and practicing how not to give in to those because it is possible to serve without compromising our well being. It's easy to fall back on wanting to please our ego without realizing that's what those sense-rousing pulls are trying to do and after much suffering we later realize this is not the essence of happiness we had hoped to find, even if there is momentary satisfaction. I appreciate you trying to get me to see it from your perspective, I don't think any one should feel envious because they are getting lost in comparing without realizing the many blessings happening in their own lives. Another trap perhaps. We're here to help each other, not become consumed by what we feel we are owed. I am just at times discouraged by how easy it is to fall down now days... Thanks for trying to lift me back up Bro.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: