Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 08:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Harmony

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Harmony  (Read 489 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jan 02, 2012 09:37 pm »

It is interesting that Eric just put up the Bull totem as i was thinking about harmony. i think there is a connection. But then when we meditate and practice sitting in the silence we often bring to our awareness others with similar thought patterns. The interesting thing to me is that women often represent the bull side of things. They can b very hard headed as well. In this day of changing gender roles we see women that take on the male role and men that sometimes take on the female role.

It seems to me that we all need each other in some way or the other to survive and to satisfy one another we need to get along. If we feel too far apart we drift apart. Yet there is this element of harmony. Music is harmony. It has to blend correctly. U realize that when u play with someone else u may even know much more than them or have something very special to offer that they cannot at this time contribute to. Although u  can still contribute to them and what they r doing musically. Likewise sometimes u help others, realizing that they may never b able to help u. However life has a way of giving back any way so u r willing to give for their sake. Sometimes we may even look back at life and recall how fortunate we were to b in the presence of some other people that have helped us in this way. We may not have even realized the total significance of these people till they r gone.

At a certain point though u realize that to keep giving to certain individuals is to hold them back. So u must let them learn on their own.  Of course we may find that others have gently pushed us out of the nest also. Yet in all ventures, even in the best of friends, we eventually begin to realize that a certain tension exists between ourselves and others. It often happens at the point where we cannot give to another what they want or they cannot give to us what we want or our wants and needs have changed. Often we scramble to find the same comfort zone that was once there~the honeymoon in relationships both friends and lovers. We have to find a new balance which takes into account the differences we have become aware of either as a result of circumstances or changes we have made in our lives.

This is where harmony comes in. How can we b harmonious and meet people half way so that they can still be a part of our life? Otherwise we may have no friends/loves. This has been a very interesting addition to my life lessons lately.  It seems to me that one of the big lessons of service is harmony. Because many times we we try to b harmonious by serving others and making them feel comfortable and feel good about themselves. Yet as we do this we r often reminded about our own comforts, needs and values. i do not pretend to have the answers. Sometimes within the intentions lie the answers. This is my hope and to extend out to others that i care for and find new common grounds unexplored but yet to b revealed.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2012 10:11 pm by **steve ~ hydonus** » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2012 10:33 pm »

It is interesting that Eric just put up the Bull totem as i was thinking about harmony. i think there is a connection. But then when we meditate and practice sitting in the silence we often bring to our awareness others with similar thought patterns. The interesting thing to me is that women often represent the bull side of things. They can b very hard headed as well. In this day of changing gender roles we see women that take on the male role and men that sometimes take on the female role.

Jitendra

Hey Jitendra !  Cool

we must not be meditating on same frequency  Grin

totally different what came to my mind at the mention of Bull

first thought... how much  * Bull * there exists, in news, in relationships, etc...

gotta disagree with you on the female representing the bull, might be some that do ?
none that I know of

for most part it is the guy who is bull headed, stubborn etc...
except for this squirrelly dude  Grin Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2012 07:43 am »

Jitendra

Hey Jitendra !  Cool

we must not be meditating on same frequency  Grin

totally different what came to my mind at the mention of Bull

first thought... how much  * Bull * there exists, in news, in relationships, etc...

gotta disagree with you on the female representing the bull, might be some that do ?
none that I know of

for most part it is the guy who is bull headed, stubborn etc...
except for this squirrelly dude  Grin Cool

i think there is difference between being bull headed and being hard headed. i am just trying to understand what i see in others. Which is to say which is also in myself. i mean we have to take responsibility for our own reality as well. We cannot give credit or blame to others when it is our reality we r creating. It is something i am looking at in myself also since i see it in others. We r never immune from what we witness in others. i have seen many flexible people as well. It is the hardheaded ones i am trying to understand so that i can live more harmoniously with everyone including the ones that i care about so much that i perceive as being the way i have described.

It is only that the Bull is associated with 'male'. Yet it could just as easily b female. i have seen it in both sexes. No sex has the corner on being bull headed. There r so many gender blenders and gender benders in today's society. So let us get beyond gender and look at the quality i am speaking of.

U may be coming in on the tail end of things. Perhaps u can find the time to read thru Eric's description of the Bull.  His description of the bull as a totem did not include the bull in news or relationships. He lives in Texas. The region has a lot more Bulls than say New York. i remember seeing signs when going thru Texas that said 'Don't mess with Texas' It was kind of a turn off. Somewhat macho. i wish i could have met Eric in person when i was there. i do not think that his signature was at the bottom of those signs. Squirrel: By the way it is nice to have u back again. U r in my prayers and thoughts.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2012 09:31 am by **steve ~ hydonus** » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2012 12:43 am »

Life consists of times of many differences with others and other times love and understanding. This is the nature of duality. When we have differences we pray for one another and ask for understanding.  When we have love and understanding we have gratitude and give thanks. Sometimes we must leave the results to God.

Jitendra
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: