Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 03:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Native American Meditation

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Native American Meditation  (Read 762 times)
Spirit fox
« on: May 12, 2009 09:13 pm »

Elder's Meditation of the Day May 12

"All the stones that are around here, each one has a language of its own. Even the earth has a song."
---- Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA

To believe that every tree, plant and insect can talk takes an open mind. Go by yourself into nature and sit quietly. Then pick up a rock and listen to your thoughts. After a while, put that rock down and pick up another rock. Your thoughts will change. These are the voices and wisdom of the Stone People. Each one has different wisdom and they are willing to share their wisdom with you. Many of the Stone People are very old and very wise.

Great Spirit, let every rock and leaf be my teacher.

Spirit fox
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009 11:10 pm by Into Blue » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009 10:03 pm »

"All the stones that are around here, each one has a language of its own. Even the earth has a song."

To believe that every tree, plant and insect can talk takes an open mind. Go by yourself into nature and sit quietly. Then pick up a rock and listen to your thoughts. After a while, put that rock down and pick up another rock. Your thoughts will change. These are the voices and wisdom of the Stone People. Each one has different wisdom and they are willing to share their wisdom with you. Many of the Stone People are very old and very wise.

Spirit fox

Spirit Fox thanks for the practical advice. Recently i was in the redwoods in Humbolt county of California. There are trees ove 360 feet high and over 2,000 years old. They speak of seeing a time and history beyond my capacity to reach.

The thoughts in my mind were more settled. Like a vacuum the trees seemed to take the breath out of them. i was left without speech till the next day. It was like an altered state. One of those peaceful feelings that leave us speechless.

Steve Hydonus
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009 10:09 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Joy
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009 02:53 am »

Spirit fox

Spirit Fox thanks for the practical advice. Recently i was in the redwoods in Humbolt county of California. There are trees ove 360 feet high and over 2,000 years old. They speak of seeing a time and history beyond my capacity to reach.

The thoughts in my mind were more settled. Like a vacuum the trees seemed to take the breath out of them. i was left without speech till the next day. It was like an altered state. One of those peaceful feelings that leave us speechless.

Steve Hydonus

Thank you Spirt Fox and Steve.  It is intrusting to hear this.  I grew up in the north east in the country/woods.  I say there were more trees than people.  I would sit in the woods, leaning against a tree or sit on a big rock and it was so peaceful.  Also, when I would see a rock that called to me, I would pick it up and hold it, there is an energy there.  I still have a rock that I picked up years ago.  I wonder what that rock would tell me now?
Joy
Report Spam   Logged
Spirit fox

in search of all that is, was and will be

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2009 05:55 pm »

Steve Hydonus
Steve,

Such an experience is a memory that you can draw upon for a lifetime. When life gets twisted and tangeled up in a web of confusion, visualize this moment, this altered state you have experienced and let it take you to that place deep inside. Inhale the scent of the trees, feel the power of their greatness, drift off into space, the vacuum of time where nothing is, and just savor the silence, the moment of peace, let it surround you and comfort you.

Spirit fox
Report Spam   Logged
Spirit fox

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2009 06:02 pm »

Elders meditation for July 23 ~ " the greatest strength is in gentleness "
(Leon Shenandoah ONONDAGA)

"Our elders have taught us many lessons about becoming a Warrior and how to think and act like one.We have been told about the power of gentleness. We have been told about the power of stillness. Physical power is about effort. Mental power is the opposite. It's about being effortless or less any effort.

Gentleness is one of the greatest attributes of the Warrior and one of the greatest mental powers.It takes a lot of love to be gentle.Gentleness is not an ego word. Gentleness is the weapon of the Great Spirit. "

~ My Creator, today I will be gentle with myself and with others.
I will listen to the whisper of my heart and learn the power of being gentle
~

Spirit fox
Report Spam   Logged
Spirit fox

« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2009 05:51 pm »

Elders meditation ~ Aug.28 "With prayer and good intentions we make our lives sacred and come into balance " (Don Jose Matsua)

"Only through prayer can we make spiritual changes that are permanent.
You have told us that all life is sacred. Today I intend to serve You, my Creator.
Allow me to overcome temptation and if one comes along let me see the lessons that will balance.
You have told us that all life is sacred. Let me see today with a sacred eye.
Let me see beauty in all things."

~ My Creator, let me know what You would have me be today. Let my intentions be honest, respectful, humble and loving. ~

Spirit fox
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2009 02:39 am »

~ My Creator, today I will be gentle with myself and with others.
I will listen to the whisper of my heart and learn the power of being gentle ~

How does one listen to the whisper ot their heart? i ask that of myself. i long to hear the voice of my heart again. i have heard it once before with full clarity and i was lifted into love. A state that one never forgets and strives for again and again. There is no turning back once you have felt love burst forth from your heart in waves of joy. Once experienced it becomes the constant goal of your life. It takes reminders though and your post has been that reminder. The ways of the world contantly send cross currents that deflect that love. We must always keep our goal in our sites.

Steve Hydonus

Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: