Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 07:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bowl of Saki

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bowl of Saki  (Read 21226 times)
Lucky Denver

« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2011 04:42 am »

Thank you my friend Smiley  Indeed, we hear it all the time, and yet the message can not be repeated or stressed enough about giving and selflessness.

One sentence that got me thinking in particular:

For the selfish one who enjoys himself and does not care for others, whether he enjoys things of the earth or things of heaven, his enjoyment is not complete.

The part that says "whether he enjoys things of earth or things of heaven" got me thinking of a selfishness that is sometimes overlooked.  We all have experienced or known someone who has experienced a selfish love of the things of the earth; some sort of material joy or worldly attachment.  But I have also seen such a thing as a "spiritual" selfishness: a love of things of heaven or spiritual nature, but only with concern for the development and spirituality of the self.  Indeed, there are those out there who look at ascension and higher consciousness as the goal, and yet they have no place or concern for others in those plans; they see their spiritual journey as only regarding themselves.  Indeed, enjoyment is not complete without sharing and care for others!
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2011 04:43 am by Lucky Denver » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: