Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 03:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bowl of Saki

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bowl of Saki  (Read 21205 times)
guest88
« Reply #165 on: Mar 02, 2018 07:14 am »

Inayat Khan often speaks about Nature as a teacher... And todays Saki he says it is one of the greatest teachers...

Nature speaks louder than the call from the minaret.

Bowl of Saki, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

When a person travels in a tramcar, in the train, with a newspaper in his hand, he wants to read the sensational news which is worth nothing. He should read human nature which is before him, people coming and going. If he would continue to do this, he would begin to read human beings as though they were letters written by the divine pen, which speak of their past and future. He should look deeply at the heavens and at nature and at all the things to be seen in everyday life, and reflect upon them with the desire to understand. This kind of study is much superior, incomparably superior, to the study of books.

https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VI/VI_15.htm

Just as there is a communication between persons who love each other very much, so the sympathy of a person whose soul has unfolded itself is so awakened that not only every person but even every object begins to reveal its nature, its character and secret. To him every man is a written letter.

We hear stories of saints and sages who talked with rocks and plants and trees. They are not only stories; it is reality. It is also told of the apostles that at the moment when the Spirit descended upon them they began to speak many languages. When they understood so many languages, they understood the language of every soul. It means that the illuminated soul understands the language of every soul. And every soul has its own language. It is that which is called revelation.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_2_19.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #166 on: Mar 11, 2018 09:57 am »

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

Everyone says or does or thinks only according to his own particular evolution, and he cannot do better. Why not, therefore tolerate? Why not, therefore, forgive?

~~~ "Religious Gatheka, Religion of the Heart III (#44)", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

The first sign of realization is tolerance towards others. There are the words of Christ: 'In the house of my father are many mansions' and those of the Prophet: 'Each soul has its own religion' This means that according to his evolution so man knows the truth and the more a man knows, the more he finds there is to learn.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_2_7.htm

Every man's pursuit is according to his evolution.

Bowl of Saki, March 10, by Hazrat Inayat Khan
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #167 on: Mar 21, 2018 06:01 am »

It is wise to see all things, and yet to turn our eyes from all that should be overlooked.

Bowl of Saki, March 20, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

It is to the great disadvantage of the fault-finding man that he wishes to find fault with all he sees, for if he is not able to throw away immediately the undesirable impression received, which is not always so easy, he begins in due time to reproduce what he has received. ... If man only knew what harm is brought to one's being by letting any undesirable impression enter the heart, he also would adopt the above-mentioned policy of the wise, to overlook.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_20.htm

The aim of the Sufi, therefore, is to see and yet not be interested. ... Those who trouble about others' thoughts and interest themselves in others' actions most often lose their time and blunt their inner sight. Those who go farther, their moral is to overlook all they see on their way, as their mind is fixed on the goal. ... The best thing is to see and rise above, never to halt on the way, and it is this attitude that, if constantly practiced, will lead man safely to his soul's desired goal.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_5.htm

There is a tendency which manifests itself and grows in a person who is advancing spiritually, and that tendency is overlooking. At times this tendency might appear as negligence, but in reality negligence is not necessarily overlooking. Negligence is most often not looking. Overlooking may be called in other words rising beyond these things: one has to rise in order to overlook; the one who stands beneath life could not overlook, even if he wanted to. Overlooking is a manner of graciousness; it is looking and at the same time not looking. It is seeing and not taking notice of what is seen. It is being hurt or harmed or disturbed by something and yet not minding it. It is an attribute of nobleness of nature. It is the sign of souls who are tuned to a higher key.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_2_11.htm

Whenever we see that goodness is lacking, we may add to it from our own heart and so complete the nobility of human nature. This is done by patience, tolerance, kindness, forgiveness. The lover of goodness loves every little sign of goodness. He overlooks the faults and fills up the gaps by pouring out love and supplying that which is lacking. This is real nobility of soul.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IX/IX_9.htm

~~~ It is wise to see all things, and yet to turn our eyes from all that should be overlooked.

A wise man once told me that you do not find fault in your Beloved. The moment you count her flaws she is no longer your Beloved. I think I am beginning to understand what he means.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #168 on: Mar 25, 2018 04:55 am »

Wow u are so true!!!!

A wise man once told me that you do not find fault in your Beloved. The moment you count her flaws she is no longer your Beloved. I think I am beginning to understand what he means.
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #169 on: Apr 17, 2018 06:19 am »

"God is love" - three words which open up an unending realm for the thinker who desires to probe the depths of the secret of life.

Bowl of Saki, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Every kind of power lies in this one thing which we call by the simple name: love. Charity, generosity, kindness, affection, endurance, tolerance, and patience -- all these words are different aspects of one; they are different names of only one thing: love. Whether it is said, 'God is love,' or whatever name is given to it, all the names are the names of God; and yet every form of love, every name for love, has its own peculiar scope, has a peculiarity of its own. Love as kindness is one thing, love as tolerance is another, love as generosity is another, love as patience another; and yet from beginning to end it is just love.

https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_9.htm

Love, whether it is human or divine is considered to be sacred, in the view of the mystics, philosophers, and thinkers. That it is possible to regard it thus is shown by the fact that in its root it is beyond both the human and the divine. As it is written in the Bible, 'God is Love', three words which open up an unending realm for the thinker who desires to probe the depth of the secret of love. In ordinary life, we make this word mean affection for our surroundings, for our relatives or our beloved, but when we think deeply about it, we see that from start to finish it represents the power underlying the power of all activities and all intelligences.

https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_9.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #170 on: Apr 25, 2018 07:12 am »

Wow I don't think I've read this one or if I have it has been a while... Spot ON with my thoughts and feelings...
Goodness! ^_^

The aim of the mystic is to keep near to the idea of unity, and to find out where we unite.

Bowl of Saki, April 24, by Hazrat Inayat Khan
Whatever a man desires, that desire informs us of the state of mind he is in, and those who understand the mind well, know the mind of another simply by studying the desires and tendencies of his life. Love of a rose, a lily, a jasmine, of sweet, sour, salt, or savory things, expresses the particular tendency of a person's mind, the mood he is in. Modern education omits the study of the truth which teaches us that unity comes from nature's variety, whereas the sole aim of the mystic is to keep near to the idea of unity and to find out where we unite.
https://wahiduddin.net/saki/saki_date.php
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #171 on: Apr 29, 2018 05:54 pm »

On Silence...

In everyday life we are confronted with a thousand troubles that we are not always evolved enough to meet, and then only silence can help us. For if there is any religion, if there is any practice of religion, it is to have regard for the pleasure of God by regarding the pleasure of man. The essence of religion is to understand. And this religion we cannot live without having power over the word, without having realized the power of silence. There are so very many occasions when we repent after hurting friends, which could have been avoided if there had been control over our words. Silence is the shield of the ignorant and the protection of the wise. For the ignorant does not prove his ignorance if he keeps silent, and the wise man does not throw pearls before swine if he knows the worth of silence.

What gives power over words? What gives the power that can be attained by silence? The answer is: it is will-power which gives the control over words; it is silence which gives one the power of silence. It is restlessness when a person speaks too much. The more words are used to express an idea, the less powerful they become. It is a great pity that man so often thinks of saving pennies and never thinks of sparing words. It is like saving pebbles and throwing away pearls. An Indian poet says, 'Pearl-shell, what gives you your precious contents? Silence; for years my lips were closed.'

For a moment it is a struggle with oneself; it is controlling an impulse; but afterwards the same thing becomes a power.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IV/IV_34.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #172 on: Apr 30, 2018 05:18 am »

You've already found out what it means to speak or keep silent at the right time and in the right place to keep silent is perfectly Divine and brings blessings on all concerned if we do so where and when we should but on the other hand if we keep silent in a place or at a time when we should speak up as for example when we might save a person from a great danger with just a word our keeping silence becomes satanic.

These words are important because we as spiritual beings should not allow the wickedness and evil acts of a mob run our country.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2018 03:36 am »

I am posting yesterday's saki. I found this to be one of the most important lessons for me right now. I am blown away by how aligned I am with the teachings of Hazrat Inayat Khan and how I came to discover Sufism in the first place. It is curious to me how I do not give more importance to the synchronistic experience's that strengthen faith in an unseen intelligent force. Here's to raising awareness. And on to the lesson....

There are plenty of tidbits/talking points in this one saki alone so I will focus on the thing that immediately stood out to me. But first

You can have all good things - wealth, friends, kindness, love to give and love to receive - once you have learned not to be blinded by them, learned to escape from disappointment, and from repugnance at the idea that things are not as you want them to be.

Bowl of Saki, May 1, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Do not expect much from friends. Why must they be as you want them to be? They are not made by you. They are as they are. You must try to be for them what they expect you to be. It matters little if your friend proves to you to be a friend. What matters is, if you prove to be a friend.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XII/XII_III_1.htm

However evolved we may be with our education and experience, yet what are we really seeking? Things from which we cannot derive any lasting gain. From these false things we gain the experience that the things to which we have hitherto attached importance and which we have valued are things that do not last. We learn at length that it would be wise to remember that all these objects and ideals and aspirations which we have in life should be judged according to whether they are dependable or not, lasting or not.

After we have perceived the truth that this or that is not to be depended upon, we find that it is not necessary to renounce them all, to give up everything in life. We can be in the crowd just as well as in seclusion in the wilderness. We can have all good things, wealth, friends, kindness, love to give and love to take once we have learned not to be blinded by them, learned to escape from disappointment, learned to escape from repugnance at the idea that the things are not as we would want them to be. A man can still attend to business, he may attain wealth, he can carry out all those things, but now his eyes are wide open; before, they were blind. This is the teaching of life. ...

It is not the actual literal renunciation which counts, it is the personal abandonment of belief in the importance of transient things. ... If there is such a thing as saintly renunciation, it is renouncing small gains for better gains; not for no gains, but seeing with open eyes what is better and what is inferior. Even if the choice has to lie between two momentary gains, one of these would always be found to be more real and lasting; that is the one that should be followed for the time. When we take the torch of wisdom to show us our path through life, we will end by realizing what is really profitable in life and what is not.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_15.htm

~~~ You can have all good things -- wealth, friends, kindness, love to give and love to receive -- once you have learned not to be blinded by them, learned to escape from disappointment, and from repugnance at the idea that things are not as you want them to be.

---------

Wow! At first I was hesitant when Inayat Khan says how we must try to be there for our friends even if they are not there for us. Then I realized he is describing a personal gain on a spiritual sense and could not agree more with this statement. If I believe in Love and wish to grow in this area, then Loving those who aren't always there for us makes sense. They don't need to know our belief's and recognizing that service to our friends even those who may dismiss us is service to God. No, I am not always there for friends- my ego is still so large and fragile. But I am understanding the WEALTH in this advice, the internal pursuits and kinship between God and I alone(you and God)- something that can not be described in words. The second most important lesson I am finding is, there is no need to renounce something if you can find a greater understanding in it and if you are not controlled by it....
This speaks to me. I have struggled with alcohol for a while. I have tried renouncing it but find I still enjoy a beverage from time to time. My understanding to this issue has been an internal battle between a comfort and fulfillment. I love how the goal is to be a part of the world yet for the most part unhindered by its influence. One does not need to be a hermit to achieve a great spiritual liberation. Lately I find I am not as dependent on alcohol as I once was- I find value in being able to maintain a level of self awareness while in the crowd even when offered a drink by a friend. In fact, self awareness is the mantra as of late for most every moment. No longer looking to get “fucked up” but find I'm not having to isolate myself from any social gatherings either. I am sure we all have our own way to deal with this kind of stuff but it is a great reassurance and so much to learn from his words. While I am happy to be making strides, I have seen the grip of alcoholism on this family and am still extremely cautious. With anything, the moment I think I've gotten something down I am reminded the opposite- that I still struggle with an addictive or overly excited energy...

On top of trying to discover why we do the things we do, meditation has helped slow my thoughts down and be less judgemental. I am easily agitated but am trying... Never give up, always maintain a fighting spirit and pray for awareness right? It's funny how personable yet aloof it seems we must be when living a spiritual life. Hmm

Cheers.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2018 10:04 am »

You can have all good things - wealth, friends, kindness, love to give and love to receive - once you have learned not to be blinded by them, learned to escape from disappointment, and from repugnance at the idea that things are not as you want them to be. ~

I think that some us become acquainted with the fact that unlike much of the rest of the population who learn by bitter experiences alone....there emerges patterns in our lives. Those patterns are often orchestrated by forces higher then ourselves. This is when we learn that we have gurus helping us in this school house called life....and guiding us towards enlightenment.

Quote from Eric;

I am posting yesterday's saki. I found this to be one of the most important lessons for me right now. I am blown away by how aligned I am with the teachings of Hazrat Inayat Khan and how I came to discover Sufism in the first place. It is curious to me how I do not give more importance to the synchronistic experience's that strengthen faith in an unseen intelligent force. Here's to raising awareness. And on to the lesson....

"GOD TALKS WITH ARJUNA" THE BHAGAVAD GITA ~ ॐ ~  (Day 66.) Sat.  5th May, 2018 . Chapter  3, Verse:- 28-31 ~ Pages: 392-398. ~ॐ ~
"KARMA YOGA:~ 'THE PATH OF SPIRITUAL ACTION." ~ ॐ ~
       THE YOGI NOT ONLY RELINQUISHES EGOTISM during the all-surrendering union (Yoga) of mind BLISS - in MEDITATION, but during ORDINARY wakeful ACTIVITY AS WELL.  In the highest state of ECSTASY - the Yogi can REMAIN united TO SPIRIT  even while working with mind and body - to carry out the DIVINE PLAN.  By engaging with DIVINE CONSCIOUSNESS in ALL of his ACTIVITIES, the DEVOTEE is FREE of EGOTISTIC LIMITATIONS during wakefulness, as in the ordinary Man during sleep. (Read on page 398.)
 ........ Paramahansa Yogananda .........

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018 10:19 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2018 11:58 am »

Eric Thank-You i am so grateful that you continue to bring this unique wisdom to us from
Hazrat Inayat Khan. It was not without his blessings that you are an instrument of his presence with us. This has made the forum very attractive and helpful spiritually speaking. I always come back to his wisdom and spiritual teachings and feel that i am connected to these teachings and sufism myself. Perhaps that is even how we were once together in the past my brother...i truly love u and am grateful for your presence and bringing this great spiritual guru to our site Eric.

Steve Hydonus/Jitendra

I am posting yesterday's saki. I found this to be one of the most important lessons for me right now. I am blown away by how aligned I am with the teachings of Hazrat Inayat Khan  :)and how I came to discover Sufism in the first place. It is curious to me how I do not give more importance to the synchronistic experience's that strengthen faith in an unseen intelligent force. Here's to raising awareness. And on to the lesson....

There are plenty of tidbits/talking points in this one saki alone so I will focus on the thing that immediately stood out to me. But first

You can have all good things - wealth, friends, kindness, love to give and love to receive - once you have learned not to be blinded by them, learned to escape from disappointment, and from repugnance at the idea that things are not as you want them to be.

Do not expect much from friends. Why must they be as you want them to be? They are not made by you. They are as they are. You must try to be for them what they expect you to be. It matters little if your friend proves to you to be a friend. What matters is, if you prove to be a friend.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XII/XII_III_1.htm

However evolved we may be with our education and experience, yet what are we really seeking? Things from which we cannot derive any lasting gain. From these false things we gain the experience that the things to which we have hitherto attached importance and which we have valued are things that do not last. We learn at length that it would be wise to remember that all these objects and ideals and aspirations which we have in life should be judged according to whether they are dependable or not, lasting or not.

After we have perceived the truth that this or that is not to be depended upon, we find that it is not necessary to renounce them all, to give up everything in life. We can be in the crowd just as well as in seclusion in the wilderness. We can have all good things, wealth, friends, kindness, love to give and love to take once we have learned not to be blinded by them, learned to escape from disappointment, learned to escape from repugnance at the idea that the things are not as we would want them to be. A man can still attend to business, he may attain wealth, he can carry out all those things, but now his eyes are wide open; before, they were blind. This is the teaching of life. ...

It is not the actual literal renunciation which counts, it is the personal abandonment of belief in the importance of transient things. ... If there is such a thing as saintly renunciation, it is renouncing small gains for better gains; not for no gains, but seeing with open eyes what is better and what is inferior. Even if the choice has to lie between two momentary gains, one of these would always be found to be more real and lasting; that is the one that should be followed for the time. When we take the torch of wisdom to show us our path through life, we will end by realizing what is really profitable in life and what is not.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_15.htm

~~~ You can have all good things -- wealth, friends, kindness, love to give and love to receive -- once you have learned not to be blinded by them, learned to escape from disappointment, and from repugnance at the idea that things are not as you want them to be.

---------

Wow! At first I was hesitant when Inayat Khan says how we must try to be there for our friends even if they are not there for us.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2018 04:07 am »

He is wise who treats an acquaintance as a friend, and he is foolish who treats a friend as an acquaintance, and he is impossible who treats friends and acquaintances as strangers; you cannot help him.

Bowl of Saki, May 19, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Friendship as the average person understands it is perhaps little more than acquaintance; but in reality it is more sacred than any other connection in the world. To a sincere person, entering into friendship is like entering the gates of heaven; and a visit to his friend is a pilgrimage to a true loving friend.

When, in friendship, a thought arises, 'I will love you as you love me,' or, 'I will do to you as you do to me,' this takes away all the virtue of the friendship, because it is a commercial attitude, prevalent everywhere in the commercial world: everything is done for a return, and measure is given for measure. ... One ought to look upon acquaintanceship as the sowing of the seed of friendship, not as a situation forced upon one; for those who turn their backs on a man and look at him with contempt also do that to God. To think, 'That person is perhaps of no value; that person is of no importance,' is impractical, besides being unkind. As all things have their use, both flowers and thorns, both sweet and bitter, so all men are of some use; what position, what class, what race, what caste they belong to makes no difference.

Friendship with good and bad, with wise and foolish, with high and low, is equally beneficial, whether to yourself or to the other. What does it matter if another be benefited by your friendship, since you would like to be benefited by someone else's friendship? He is wise who treats an acquaintance as a friend, and he is foolish who treats a friend as an acquaintance, and he is impossible who treats friends and acquaintances as strangers; you cannot help him.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_III_4.htm

~~~ He is wise who treats an acquaintance as a friend, and he is foolish who treats a friend as an acquaintance, and he is impossible who treats friends and acquaintances as strangers -- you cannot help him.

Volume III: The Art of Personality
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_III_4.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2018 10:14 am »

Yea many people have difficulty being good friends...but for me spiritual friends are the ones to really hold on to...many people can bring your thoughts and consciousness downward.. These people are like ants...they just exist... They do not inspire or are very conscious. It is a lack of seeking and interest that makes them automatons...victims of their environment. Awareness and the quest for awareness sets human beings apart from other creatures. But most people just exist...what a waste of our time to be with such people. I really make attempts to be kind to others Eric. It is really a treasure when someone like you reciprocates.
Most people just don't understand reciprocity. Its hard to have an endurung relationship if its all one way. It's rare to find someone like Amma who can continue giving without end and needs no reciprocity. I suppose there is simething to learn in that.
I just can be left feeling empty by people who take and take and just have no ability to give in return. Maybe there is a lesson in it for me as well...i try to remain open to all possibilities. Life is for learning and expanding our attitudes and behaviors beyond our set rigid attitudes. So what do you think?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018 02:26 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2018 04:49 pm »

Good morning Steve,
I think you're right. I also hope that I am not seen as a waste of time, and while I am far from the Sufi ideal I hope to incorporate more of its teachings into my life which means recognizing that every person here has a purpose and is a part of Gods creation. I think no one can truly judge another person save God. While we make our inferences, perhaps a necessity in our evolution, if one were to adapt the Sufi ideal then they see their service with others- as devotion to God. Perhaps this is how Amma views it, whether the person is deserving or not... Inayat Khan describes friendship as a commercial attitude vs a genuine attempt at practicing Love, which is an ideal that elevates one to living a more spiritually fulfilled life.

I think too many times I fall back on this commercial attitude, even now, I display very selfish tricks to get something in return... I.E speaking to multiple girls for physical release without much consideration to the spiritual aspect of what's happening. Yup... I need to work on this and learn to tame myself...

Anyways, I guess what I am saying is... It's okay to feel this way, and I think even viewing reality in this manner has helped you along your journey... And I venture to say, your view on people may change the further along this journey you go. I agree that when a genuine relationship is reciprocated, it can feel like Heaven.

Lastly, if you've not read the art of personality in the last link provided(which is where the portion of yesterdays saki originates from) I would like to provide the last segment on servicing God for you to consider...

Before I do... I don't know how Inayat Khan and this website does it... I swear it's like my findings in here are perfectly orchestrated with my life endeavors and my many failing's.... I find the right inspiration at the right time and it penetrates my Heart... So I take this to be a sign... I will continue to follow this path... I appreciate Mr. Khan's illuminations and all those who share their insights in walking a Spiritual Life...

Here you go:
OUR DEALINGS WITH GOD
God is the ideal that raises mankind to the utmost reach of perfection. As man considers and judges his dealings with man in his conscience, so the real worshipper of God considers his dealings with God. If he has helped anybody, if he has been kind to anybody, if he has made sacrifices for anybody, he does not look for appreciation or return for his doing so to the people to whom he has done good; for he considers that he has done it for God, and therefore, his account is with God, not with those with whom he has dealt. He does not care even if instead of praising they blame him; for in any case he has done it for God, who is the best judge and the knower of all things.

There is no ideal that can raise the moral standard higher than the God-ideal, although love is the root of all and God is the fruit of this. Love's expansion and love's culmination and love's progress all depend upon the God-ideal. How much a man fears his friend, his neighbor, when he does something that might offend him whom he loves, whom he respects; and yet how narrow is his goodness when it is only for one person or for certain people! Imagine if he had the same consideration for God, then he would be considerate everywhere and in dealing with all people; as in a verse of a Sufi which says, 'Everywhere I go I find Thy sacred dwelling-place; and whichever side I look I see Thy beautiful face, my Beloved.'

Love for God is the expansion of the heart, and all actions that come from the lover of God are virtues; they cannot be otherwise. There is a different outlook on life when the love of God has filled a man's heart. The lover of God will not hate anyone; for he knows that by doing so he will hate the Creator by hating His creation. He cannot be insincere, he cannot be unfaithful; for he will think that to be faithful and sincere to mankind is to be faithful and sincere to God. You can always trust the lover of God, however impractical or however lacking in cleverness he may appear to be, for simply to hold strongly in mind the thought of God purifies the soul of all bitterness, and gives man a virtue that he could obtain nowhere else and by no other means.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2018 06:00 am »

The presence of alternate views brings constructive change and reevaluation of our own attitudes and approach to reality and other people Eric. If we, on the other hand, remain entrenched in our own views we become rigid and unable to embrace a more inclusive view of the universe which will expand our consciousness.  So we become psychological antques. So i think the very presence of your take on spiritual discipline and evolution can by contrast help everyone elses who comes here.

For most of us change does not come over nite but through experiences and repititious lessons provided for us through the grace of the Masters helping us see ourselves like others do and God does. Instead of have having finite views of ourselves and the world around us. So many times i find myself looking here and other places on the forum to find meaningful synchronicities that bring our spiritual link in focus and give me a buzz of awakening.

Many times the warmth of friendship and someone else reaching out towards us in itself shows a concern for our welfare that attracts attention and a listening ear....knowing that another humam being cares about us and hopes to see us grow as an outlut of their expanding consciousness.

For you....you have found a true guru who is able to transmit his spiritual vibration in a way that effects the personal events in your life...this brings the spiritual teachings alive so is contagious for me as well... Watching you go thru theses experiences and knowing that God has brought you in my life to help my own spiritual advancement as well. I know there ate many hard knocks in life....but it is sure wonderful when we are able to recognize that our spiritual guides are helping us thru the the support rather then apparent resistance of circumstances.

When so many things in this life seem temporary unreliable and inconsistant...it is quite a an impression that is left with you when a friend keeps giving support in a common cause and it gives pause to reflect on differences that would otherwise affect many more tenuous relatiinships. Perhaps it is important to consider these things and that i am fortunate to have someone who cares even when i may be obstinate myself and go on in blissful ignorance of my own spiritual recognition.

We see how beautiful friendship can be when people flow together. It makes us recognize that we ourselves can often cause resistance in the cosmic flow. This cosmic flow that runs like sweet sap behind the events. The outward events require much more adjustment and less ease...Especially if we fail to put our relationships in the hands of our spiritual guides for our unfoldment.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018 09:39 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: