Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bowl of Saki

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bowl of Saki  (Read 21288 times)
guest88
« Reply #150 on: Aug 29, 2017 08:48 am »

Death is a tax the soul has to pay for having had a name and a form.

Bowl of Saki, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

All that is constructed is subject to destruction; all that is composed must be decomposed; all that is formed must be destroyed; that which has birth has death. But all this belongs to matter; the spirit which is absorbed by this formation of matter or by its mechanism lives, for spirit cannot die.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XI/XI_I_12.htm

That which the soul has borrowed he must give back when it has done its work; it was borrowed for a certain time and for a certain purpose. When the purpose is fulfilled, when the time is finished, then every plane asks for that which the soul has borrowed from it, and one cannot help but give it back to that plane. It is this process which is called assimilation. Since man is born greedy and selfish he has taken all things willingly, enthusiastically -- he gives them back grudgingly and calls it death. ...

Death is nothing but the taking off of one garb and giving it back to the plane from which it was borrowed, for the condition is this: one cannot take the garb of the lower plane to the higher plane. The soul is only released when it is willing -- or compelled -- to give its garb to the plane it has taken it from. It is this which releases the soul to go on in its travel. And as it proceeds to a higher plane, after its stay there it must again give its garb back and be purified from it in order to go further. ... This knowledge also throws a light upon the question of death. Death is not really death; it is only a passing stage, it is only a change, as changing clothes.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_2_3.htm

~~~ Death is a tax the soul has to pay for having had a name and a form.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #151 on: Sep 07, 2017 07:55 am »

I've been selling my pearls for a price

Happy is he who does good to others; miserable is he who expects good from others.

Man's greatest enemy is his ego which manifests itself in selfishness. Even in his doing good, in his kind actions, selfishness is sometimes at work. When he does good with the thought that one day it may return to him and that he may share in the good, he sells his pearls for a price. A kind action, a thought of sympathy, of generosity, is too precious to trade with. One should give and, while giving, close the eyes. Man should remember to do every little action, every little kindness, every act of generosity with his whole heart, without the desire of getting anything in return making a trade out of it. The satisfaction must be in doing it and in nothing else.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_2_1.htm

It is said that if someone asks you to go with him one mile, you should go with him two miles. That means, if someone makes use of our services, let us not think, 'Why should I, such an important person, serve another, give my time to another?' Let us give our services more liberally than we are asked to do. Let us give service, give our time; but when the time for receiving comes, do not let us expect to receive anything. Let us not expect our friend to be as we are to him; that will never be possible. We must then practice renunciation. We must practice virtue because we like it; do good because we like to do it and not for any return; expect no kindness or appreciation; if we do, it will become a trade. This is the right way for the world in general, and the only way of becoming happy.

The principal teaching of Sufism is that the heart of man is the shrine of God, to recognize God in one's own heart, to feel His existence, presence, virtue, goodness, all manner of beauty. It must be remembered that the whole life around us is a life of falsehood. The more you see and experience the more you see how very false it is, how much disillusionment there is. The only way of getting over it is to light the lamp in the darkness of night, and all will be cleared. The secret of life is this: to produce beauty in ourselves. When beauty is produced in the heart, then all that breaks the heart vanishes and the whole universe becomes one single vision of the sublimity of God.

Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #152 on: Oct 04, 2017 12:49 am »

Hazrat Inayat Khan speaks on renunciation...

Renunciation is always for a purpose; it is to kindle the soul that nothing may hold it back from God, but when it is kindled, the life of renunciation is not necessary.

Renunciation has an automatic action on the heart of man, an action which very few realize because very few arrive at that stage where they can renounce. By this action a spiritual spark is kindled in the soul; and when a person has arrived at that stage he has taken the first step on the path of spirituality. The spark produced by this action in the depths of the heart culminates in a flame, a torch in life; and this changes the whole outlook on life. The whole world seems changed, the same world in which one has lived and suffered and enjoyed and learned and unlearned -- everything appears to change once renunciation is learned. ... He alone is capable of renunciation who finds a greater satisfaction in seeing another eat his piece of bread than in eating it himself.

Only he whose heart is full of happiness after an act of renunciation should make a renunciation. This shows that renunciation is not something that can be learned or taught. It comes by itself as the soul develops, when the soul begins to see the true value of things. All that is valuable to others a seer begins to see differently. Thus the value of all the things that we consider precious or not precious, is according to the way we look at them. For one person the renunciation of a penny is too much; for another that of everything he possesses is nothing. It depends on how we look at things. One rises above all that one renounces in life. Man remains the slave of anything which he has not renounced; of that which he has renounced he becomes king. This whole world can become a kingdom to a person who has renounced it. Renunciation depends upon the evolution of the soul. One who has not evolved spiritually cannot really renounce. Toys so precious to children mean nothing to the grown-up; it is easy to renounce them; and so it is for those who develop spiritually; for them all things are easy to renounce.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIIIa/VIIIa_1_13.htm

Be obstinate in the path of success. Nothing should keep you back from your effort when your resolution is once taken. Renounce your object of attainment only when you have reached it and you have a better one in view. But when you have attained the object and you cling to it, then you hinder your own progress, for the object is greater than yourself. You are greater than the object when you are able to renounce it after attaining it.

~~~ "Githa I, 3 - The Path of Attainment", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

Some lead the life of renunciation, others have family, friends and all things, because renunciation is always for a purpose. It is to kindle the soul, that there may be nothing to hold the soul back from God, but when the soul is kindled the life of renunciation is not a necessity.

~~~ "Supplementary Papers, Life of the Sage in the East(1)", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

It is as  Fariduddin Attar, the great Persian poet, says, 'Renounce the good of the world, renounce the good of heaven, renounce your highest ideal, and then renounce your renunciation.'

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XI/XI_III_9.htm

~~~ Renunciation is always for a purpose; it is to kindle the soul that nothing may hold it back from God, but when it is kindled, the life of renunciation is not necessary.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #153 on: Nov 12, 2017 07:23 pm »

When the mind and body are restless, nothing in life can be accomplished. Success is the result of control.

When a person allows himself to be disturbed, that shows that his concentration is not good. And if his concentration is not good, that shows that his will power fails him. The best way, therefore, to protect oneself from disturbance is to develop the power of concentration, so that the will power develops naturally and one is able to withstand all the disturbances which arise when one has to live in the midst of the crowd.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IV/IV_29.htm

Independence is achieved by indifference. It does not mean that one should take no heed of what anyone does or says; it only means one should discriminate between important and unimportant things of everyday life; that every necessary and unnecessary thing should not demand so much of one's attention, thought, and feeling. Political economy has become a subject of education, but spiritual economy is the main thing in religion. All one says and does and all that one thinks and feels puts a certain strain upon one's spirit. It is wise to avoid every risk of losing one's equilibrium. One must stand peacefully but firmly before all influences that disturb one's life. The natural inclination is to answer in defense to every offense that comes from outside, but in that way one loses one's equilibrium. Self-control, therefore, is the key to all success and happiness.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_III_1.htm

Another sign of progress is that, at times, one begins to feel peaceful. This may increase so much that a restful feeling comes in the heart. One might be in the solitude, but even if one is in a crowd, one still feels restful. Life in the world is most exciting; it has a tiring effect upon a sensitive person. When one is restless, the conditions in life can make one experience the greatest discomfort, for there is no greater pain than restlessness. If there is any remedy for the lack of peace, it is spiritual progress. Once peace is developed in a soul, that soul feels such a great power and has such a great influence upon those who approach it and upon all upsetting conditions and jarring influences coming from all sides. Just as water makes the dust settle down, so all jarring influences settle down under the feet of the peaceful.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_2_9.htm

Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #154 on: Nov 21, 2017 05:50 am »

Bowl of Saki for November 20

It is the soul's light which is natural intelligence.

Coming to the cause of the lack of joy, one realizes by pondering on the subject that it is not pursuing after joy that results in disappointment, it is the wrong method adopted in the pursuit of joy which brings, instead of joy, sorrow or disappointment. ... Nothing can take away joy from the man who has right understanding. Through all conditions of life he will retain it, but the one who lacks understanding, nothing in the world or Heaven there is which can bring him a lasting joy. This shows that, in reality, joy does not come from the external life, though always it seems so. Joy has only one source and that is the heart of man, which is the globe over his soul's light.

~~~ "Sangatha III, Tasawwuf ", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #155 on: Dec 07, 2017 05:51 am »

Things in the world are changeable; they are not to be relied upon. Man sees the vanity of the world; but if he does not see a reality in contrast, he remains intoxicated by the unreality, and tries to get some pleasure from his life, even for a moment. The happiness of this world is something we cannot keep; it is just like the horizon -- the nearer you go, the farther it goes. As soon as you get it, you see it is not the thing you wanted. That discontent continues its work till we have found and understood the manifestation of God, in which is hidden the Divine Spirit. God cannot be found in temples, for God is Love; and love does not live in temples, but in the heart of man, which is the temple of God.

~~~ "Supplementary Papers, Brotherhood I", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

~~~ To deny the changeableness of life is like fancying a motionless sea, which can only exist in one's imagination.
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #156 on: Dec 07, 2017 06:39 am »

Things in the world are changeable; they are not to be relied upon. Man sees the vanity of the world; but if he does not see a reality in contrast, he remains intoxicated by the unreality, and tries to get some pleasure from his life, even for a moment. The happiness of this world is something we cannot keep; it is just like the horizon -- the nearer you go, the farther it goes. As soon as you get it, you see it is not the thing you wanted. That discontent continues its work till we have found and understood the manifestation of God, in which is hidden the Divine Spirit. God cannot be found in temples, for God is Love; and love does not live in temples, but in the heart of man, which is the temple of God.

I don't see how you fear death when you post something like this.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #157 on: Dec 07, 2017 06:56 am »

Hi SI
Yes and I have had dreams of an after life and even a few out of body experiences. But those have given me a fright at one point.. Though I fear death I find wisdom in these bits shared and they seem to help me reflect and how I go about my day.

I learned about Sufi in a dream and hav been drawn to Inayat Khans expressive and philosophical nature.
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #158 on: Dec 07, 2017 07:00 am »

Hi SI
Yes and I have had dreams of an after life and even a few out of body experiences. But those have given me a fright at one point.. Though I fear death I find wisdom in these bits shared and they seem to help me reflect and how I go about my day.

I dunno, maybe that's what needs to happen for you to understand.

If those things happened to me I think I would be mostly like "I know I get it", so either I move on right then or what's the point?
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #159 on: Dec 07, 2017 05:09 pm »

Hi SI

I learned about Sufi in a dream and hav been drawn to Inayat Khans expressive and philosophical nature.

You have much good karma to have such experiences. They have helped u much and the initial fright may just be getting used to such occurrences and relating them to this life's experiences. This life can also be a frightening experience until we get used to many of these lives and call on our spiritual guides to navigate us beyond the storms of maya. Such experiences can be inspirational to search more and for understanding our soul nature. I enjoy your sharing your experiences.
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2017 05:33 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
SI

« Reply #160 on: Dec 07, 2017 06:52 pm »

You have much good karma to have such experiences. They have helped u much and the initial fright may just be getting used to such occurrences and relating them to this life's experiences. This life can also be a frightening experience until we get used to many of these lives and call on our spiritual guides to navigate us beyond the storms of maya. Such experiences can be inspirational to search more and for understanding our soul nature. I enjoy your sharing your experiences.

Fear is funny as it comes on many forms, causes so much misunderstanding, very distracting.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #161 on: Jan 16, 2018 09:36 pm »

To learn to adopt the standard of God, and to cease to wish to make the world conform to one's own standard of good, is the chief lesson of religion.

Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #162 on: Jan 23, 2018 05:41 am »

Inayat Khan has inspired me to stay the course tonight...
“Failure comes when will surrenders to reason.

Bowl of Saki, by Hazrat Inayat Khan”
He elaborated in his commentary and makes me wonder what miracles occur as a result of increased will power- could they be beyond our imagination...?

Will is not [merely] 'a power', but it is all the power there is. How did God create the world? By will. Therefore, what we call 'will power' in us is in reality 'God power,' a power that increases by our recognizing its potentiality and proves to be the greatest phenomenon in life. If there is any secret behind the mystery of the world of phenomena that can be learned, it is will power. It is by will power that all we do, physically or mentally, is accomplished. Our hands, with all their perfect mechanisms, cannot hold a glass of water if there is no will power to support them. If will power fails, a person seemingly healthy will not be able to stand.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/II/II_38.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #163 on: Feb 09, 2018 06:10 am »

Love manifests towards those whom we like as love; towards those whom we do not like as forgiveness.

Bowl of Saki, February 8, by Hazrat Inayat Khan
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #164 on: Feb 11, 2018 06:00 pm »

He who arrives at the state of indifference without experiencing interest in life is incomplete and apt to be tempted by interest at any moment; but he who arrives at the state of indifference by going through interest really attains the blessed state.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: